Hey Sup Forums, so today I went into a thrift store and found this little thing for 10$...

Hey Sup Forums, so today I went into a thrift store and found this little thing for 10$, that's right it's a Casio TV-6000. So I bought it and don't really know what you can do with it or how to get it working, I've gone through the net with no luck of finding a manual.

Some guy told me, that it needed a converter/adapter and that the broadcasting transmission that it recieved back in the day is long gone.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fMiMz1uGCXI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is it plugged in?

There are no analog TV broadcasts in the US anymore. It's useless.

What about europe?
With what adapter? They didn't give me one, because they were greedy jews.

You can connect old consoles (and some old GPUs) through the antenna or AV in (if it has one)

It does! How do I do that?

You get/make a cable and plug it into the console and TV

Note that the TV should probably display static or a glow when you turn the brighness up and turn it on

Does the plug that goes into the console need to be something specific?

And do you know where I can find a power adapter?

PSU should be 6V, not sure about polarity
the antenna and AV cables have to be headphone style plugs at one end and normal AV at the other , you can make such a cable yourself

I can't just buy em?

To get broadcast television you'll just need a digital converter box. The government gave a shitload of them away like 10 years ago but now you can still get them for $20

Thanks mate, I'll see what I can do.

You can test out old portable tvs that only have an antenna by stripping a coax wire and plugging it into a digital converter box to create a shitty broadcast antenna.

>Blew a tenner on redundent 50p carboot tack

cor blimey guv, e's gone and bought imself a miniature telly! what a nonce

If he got a 50p CRT mini telly fair enough but theres no novelty to it so what's the point.
Its just a bulky low res crappy phone screen

(OP) could replace the guts with an OLED/TFT and enjoy the A E S T H E T I C S.

Wow, it looks like casio watches, but bigger

No analog TV broadcasts in Europe anymore either.

It's not just an adapter you need, it's a converter (digital-to-analog) i.e. an active device not just a passive one

Move to Russia, we have all the analog broadcasts you could ever want.

Hell, it's AD 2017 and my landline still doesn't support tone dialing.

It's already an LCD, I bet it#s similar to a game gear one

>Hell, it's AD 2017 and my landline still doesn't support tone dialing.
Literally how, most landline phones in ex-soviet countries were built after 1990

>most landline phones in ex-soviet countries were built after 1990

Uh, no, they weren't. Big cities had a shitload of land lines since the 70s.

The problem is that they kind of gave up upgrading old crossbar exchanges to digital ones after everyone got cellphones.

Interesting, in Hungary almost nobody had one apart from some people in the capital
Upgrades are no problem here, the infrastructure was recently replaced by fiber shit

Is there a regular composite av jack on the back? If not, you'll need a converter. If you still have a vcr lying around, you could probably use it to convert a composite signal to rf. If not you could always just by a composite to rf adapter on ebay or amazon for like 10 bucks. First you should probably try to get a power adapter since it could be broken.

youtube.com/watch?v=fMiMz1uGCXI

>get an amateur radio license
>broadcast your own stations
It's not useless, you just don't know how to use it. I'm getting a GBA TV tuner and a Watchman for this.

Nope, mostly in the 70's.

Thank God we got rid of you then, digital television and tone dialing, comfy.

If you want to make that sucker work, grab up a Blonder Tongue agile modulator, like the AM60-550B model. Hook it up to an antenna, send NTSC source video and audio through it, and away you go. I have a few for my analog televisions.

as long as it has an antenna jack you can just wire it to a digital converter box like the ones they were giving out before the switch a few years ago, not a big deal

did it to a 1956 Zenith set in my family's antique shop and had some fun with it for a while that way, doing the same with the 1957 set in my bedroom

You can also open it up, figure out where the demodulator output is then solder in a composite wire. Here's a portable TV that only had an antenna input where I did that.

that's pretty neat
always wanted to try as well