Ask your simple questions here and remember to read the wiki: Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

displaylag.com/display-database/
youtube.com/watch?v=O4irXQhgMqg
mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
reproducible-builds.org/docs/archives/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

maki is very very CUTE!

What's the fastest way to convert a folder to binary volume without compressing it?

I tried 7zip but for some reason even when I archive the same file twice with identical parameters, the output archives have different checksums and I need to prevent this.

maki is the best Sup Forums mascot

Tar should output more or less the same I believe.

Why in this site it says a 20ms monitor is excellent? Also those ms values aren't the same as the manufacturers. For example, I saw one model specs and in the manufacturer's site it was saying it had 2ms. In this site it says the same model have 10ms.

displaylag.com/display-database/

Anyone know where additional Scanners go in Plex for FreeNAS?

the usb ports on my notebook sometimes stop working, very often now. what could it be and how to fix it?

What is the most recent and last thinkpad with a good non-chiclet keyboard?
I want a laptop for long sessions of coding and writing.

Does using QOS mean I'm never going to be using 100% of my available bandwidth?

Is there any downside to storing videos in PNG for lossless archiving? It's supposed to be lossless and the result is pretty small. The only problem I can see is that editing and playback is awfully slow.

What is the fastest way to crack a wpa2 pin/password on an android device?

I don't think there's a way to crack WPA2 besides bruteforcing or hoping WPS is awfully broken.

I can't believe that storing each frame as a png should give better compression than an actual codec.

Convert it to an ISO. There's a tool for windows called folder2iso or some shit. If you're on unix, use tar without compression.

help

Anyone know what could be causing all my folders to have this glitched effect on them

Looking to setup a 5.1 system on my room, can I use a center channel speaker as L and R?
Looking to buy 3 exactly the same and use them as LCR, L and R set horizontally at the side of the tv and the C below the tv

#make-iso-of-cd
dd if=/dev/cdrom of=cd.iso

#make-iso-of-directory
mkisofs -o /tmp/cd.iso /home/user/directory

#mount-an-iso
mkdir /mnt/iso
mount -o loop -t iso9660 filename.iso /mnt/iso

Does anyone know why Qupzilla shows "Failed loading page" on Whatsapp Web? IT loads for a second but then it crashes

I'll try with tar (downloading TarTool 2.0 right now), thanks.

kek never mind, it can only decompress, I'll look for another one.

I'm using this app called androdumper that's bruteforcing pins but the maximum random pins I can generate without it crashing is around 1000.

About how easy is it to crack an ATT router with WPS with only 1000 pin attempts?

At how many attempts does it lock out for good?

never mind I found the redditor Zeos does this so why not

Why is wifi so difficult to crack nowadays? Why does anyone with a hacking background claim they can hack it but they all refuse to show it? Is it a super secrit klub?

I highly dout 1000 attempts will be enough user, unless you can shorten the range if you have any clues about the password

My friend has a Razer Carcharias, if he buys a newer USB headset (7.1) is he going to see much of an improvement?

The Carcharias was made in 2009, and he was looking at getting a Kraken...

they dont want their own wifi to hacked
lmaoing@you're brainlet

No, what bothers me about wifi hacking in the first place is, why don't programs crack each alphanumeric digit/letter in order instead of trying to crack the whole thing at one time?

For instance let's say I have an 8 digit pin
Why doesn't it LOCK IN the correct digit in sequential order

Lets say the number 8 belongs in the 4th slot of the overall pin
XXX8XXXX

Instead of locking this number in as the definitive 4th slot, it continues to randomly try number combinations to attain the entire pin.

XXX9XXXX
XXX0XXXX

Etcetera

Why hasn't anyone tried sequential digit by digit hacking? Wouldn't it be alot faster than guessing 99999999 combinations and hoping to god you get the right one before the end of your life?

Does anyone know how to configure sqm QOS on OpenWRT so that one PC will always yield to other devices when competing for bandwidth?

I tried with the official Tar-1.13 for Windows (GnuWin32) but the output archive contains my Windows username in the footer, pic related.

I used these parameters as they were recommended in a stackoverflow thread:
tar.exe cvf compressed.tar.gz tocompress

Did I use the wrong parameters? I've read --help but I couldn't find anything relevant to this problem.
I'm making this for something that needs to run on other windows PCs later so involving variable informations about the OS in the archive is really something I want to avoid, the variable checksums issue also remains because of this.

Am I allowed to replace the router provided by my ISP (Optimum in this case)? If so, which one?

Do you have programming knowledge? You could try and write one yourself, I like the idea but I wouldn't know how to do it

I have 0 programming knowledge

I would have thought that is how they work

Computer no longer recognizes hdmi or dvi when i plug into moba after i had used hdmi in my gpu. Now ive been using dvi with my gpu but no longer get sound. Someone was saying i should change something in the bios. Can someone help me out with that

you watched too many movies

Is it normal for my CPU temperature to be 45°C one second and the next 50°C then back to +-45°C?

CPU: I5-4460
HSF: Stock.

WHY DOESN"T MY SCROLL WHELL WORK ON Sup Forums ANYMORE REEEEEEEEEEEe

Let me guess, chrome?

anything below 60º is normal

Because the password does not take one bit at a time, it takes the entire password as a whole, there is no way to go bit by bit until you find the answer.

yeah

I meant to change from 45 to 50°C and back to 45°C in 2 seconds.

Isn't temperature supposed to change more slowly?
Also yeah, even under stress it doesn't go over 62°C, ambient temperature is 35°C, i wonder what it will be like in summer when we reach 45-50°C.

Its a global bug, not just for Sup Forums.
Everyone is experiencing it, expect the next update to fix it.

Quickfix: Duplicate the tab and close the one you cant scroll.

My torrent client keeps dropping my modem connection, how do i fix it?

What's happening when I shrink a 1080p video on a 1080? WHERE DO THE PIXELS GO

>Why hasn't anyone tried sequential digit
You are the stupidest person on this website currently.

What.

They're averaged out.

Since Manjaro is based off Arch Linux, are they similar enough that the Arch Linux wiki can help me while using Manjaro, or are they too different?

Is a vocational training enough to get a decent / well-paid job as a programmer or does it have to be a bachelors degree?
I Live in Germany btw.

i have my receiver for my g602 in one of my front usb ports cause after i repasted and switched to a new ssd, i get all sorts of lag when its in the back. however, when i plug anything else into the other front port, the receiver stops working altogether. any idea what could cause this?

>when we reach 45-50
Where do you live?? Afghanistan?
Anyways, yes its normal with a desktop heatsink.
If I run a stress test on my cpu, after several minutes it will reach mid 60s. It will literally drop by 20 degrees within 5 seconds upon ending the stress test.
Think about how large the heatsink is (even if its stock) compared to how small the cpu is.

The Arch Linux wiki is often helpful no matter what distro you're running. It depends on what you're looking at specifically though.

Explain.

Sonora desert in northwest Mexico.

Hey so i still cant get my audio problem fixed. Right now i have 6 amd high definition audio devices in my playback settings why is that.

4670k / GTX 670 currently.

Should I buy a rx580 when it comes out, and then a zen+ next year instead of building an entire new PC right now?

Your could be even better than ZEN+ as things are going.

Just get a better videocard, your CPU is good enough and will be for a long time if you overclock it.

RX 580 is just a RX 480 but more efficient, it will be pretty much the same performance wise.

Your CPU*

You're CPU*

Hi Sup Forums.

is it possible to dump the byte content (in hex) of an .exe file to a .txt file using a stand-alone command line tool or a batch script? also it would be perfect if there was a way to do the opposite (convert .txt content to bytes and pack them in an .exe file).

Is there a way to remove a white painted-on logo from a metal surface (a keyboard) without damaging the black paint?

youtube.com/watch?v=O4irXQhgMqg

Thanks.

You can do that if you know one or the characters in a password. There's no way to do it if you don't know since it's not unlocked unless you get every character right. It's not like a safe where you can hear each combination tumbler unlock.

It's as easy to crack as the person who set it up is knowledgeable about cracking.

MITM, handshake brute forces, hybrid attacks are really the only thing you can do. If you have a strong password, don't fall for social engineering and don't use WEP then you're good.

Is there a way to turn my Windows 10 license into a Windows 7 license?

I'm not even paranoid really I've used 10 for a year I just want 7 back the little niggles are piling up.

I do some side teaching/tutoring at an elementary school and want to create videos of some of my lessons for YouTube. I'm going to animate the graphics and do voice over lectures. What's the best quality but cheap way tov record myself (audio is only relevant thing)? I don't currently have any recording equipment.

Audacity

Just read the wiki moron.

There isn't. Use Dazloader from mydigitallife. If you don't have an iso use this.
mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/

So just record my lessons with whatever (like a phone app) then use audacity to clean up the audio?

At work we'll have patients that get MRI diagnostics and a third party will use those to create a 3D model of whatever was imaged. How does that work? Surely it's automated in some fashion and not hand created as many of the MRIs could be hundreds of images. Any general idea how to do that?

How can i have a prompt asking for a password everytime a user tries to delete a file?

bump

base64 or uuencode?
They're not exactly what you asked for, but I think you may find their premise useful nonetheless.

So, I've heard of the Chrome cache problems, that it writes a lot of data to your drive and that could wear your SSD, so I've moved the chrome data folder to my HDD via a junction, but now I wonder if those constant writes aren't actually more harmful to my HDD. What should I do? Keep the cache on SSD or HDD?

Ok I'll dig deeper when I get home thanks.

Just relax. You're not going to wear out anything. Drives are built to take more writes than you're ever going to do to them by a long shot.

How is malware actually spread apart from e-mail attachments?

Pirated software and shady downloads mostly. Plus some fucked up webpages and the odd infected PDF

Usually:
Shady installers(Remember to dont click those adware boxes).
Retards who download fake stuff from internet when looking for something that shouldn't be free (Cracks, pirated movies, games, prepatched programs, etc).
Exploits.
Javascript.
Ads.
Last 3 are popular this days, a computer can get infected really easy trough a fake/malware campaing ad.

Then after the computer is infected it spreads trough USB because the common user doesnt know that if their memory turned into direct access files its infected.
This is mostly windows fault tho, 10 years and the USB Driver hijack is still not fixed.

can u gimme 5 fun facts about maki?

Hey Sup Forums having some computer problems, hoping you can help.

I've tried googling the issue, and nothing has helped yet.

What's going on is my computer boots, shows the bios screen, then the monitor goes no signal. Sometimes it gets to the log in screen, but still goes no signal.

The GPU is a 1070, I've tried it in other computers, and it works fine, and I've tried other (760) in this computer, and it works fine.

So it doesn't appear to be the GPU, I've tried swapping the RAM, reseating all the connections, replaced the CMOS battery. And using a different PSU, with the other PSU it didn't ever get a signal however.

When I had the other GPU in I booted to windows, and uninstalled the Display drivers, and NVIDIA software, but still the same shit.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for any suggestions.

What's the go to extension/program for getting rid of Adblock messages on websites?

Learning how use uBlock settings.

90% of the time right click and hide element will be enough.

quit using windows 10

Boot into linux and check if you still have the same problem.
If not, your windows partition is corrupted.

I'll check 'em.
For now I went back to tar since user in the linux thread recommended this:

tar --owner=0 --group=0 --numeric-owner --mtime="@${SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH}" -cf output.tar input

Finding an updated version of tar for windows that supported all these commands was a pain but worth it, because it works just the way I needed it to.

Does you filesystem record when a file was accessed?
Does 7zip record this info when it zips a file?

You should be able to use 100% of your available bandwidth even with QOS.
Most of the stuff you do is probably "best effort" anyway, so uses up any spare bandwidth you have.

I don't know about the filesystem but 7zip does, try compressing a folder then open it in hex/text editor with utf-8 decoding and search for your user name.

Useful informations: reproducible-builds.org/docs/archives/

But when you set your upload and download estimates at 80-95% of your connection speed, isn't the remaining few percent effectively off limits?

Try throttle your torrent client?
Ideally find out why the connection drops out. Hardware problems? Problem with line? Etc.

Try sending your CV out to a bunch of small companies?
Big companies are likely to want formal qualification though.

>binary to hex
>hex to binary
This is trivial.
You should be able to write the code yourself.