Is it possible to build a near silent computer that can play AAA on max settings 1440p?

is it possible to build a near silent computer that can play AAA on max settings 1440p?

what matters the most when it comes to decreasing computer noise?

Other urls found in this thread:

pugetsystems.com/submerged.php
soundproofingcompany.com/soundproofing101/the-dead-vent/
youtube.com/watch?v=B8bhGw4vUFE
youtube.com/watch?v=zIG9BNugOEs
deltatronic.de/en/pc-en
m.youtube.com/watch?v=H3_sy3-c6LM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>is it possible to build a near silent computer that can play AAA on max settings 1440p?
yes?
>what matters the most when it comes to decreasing computer noise?
fans

If you want silent, put your computer on the other side of a wall. Just run the cables through a hole, and pack sound insulation around them.

Easily. Make a custom water loop if you want near silence, but I couldn't hear any whirring at all with my build, which is an i5, 8gb ram, and a 960 strix

Your choice of cooling & your case are the most important when it comes to computer noise

>Computer case size
>Case fans
>Liquid cooling
>Passive cooling

this
don't worry about making the computer silent, worry about making it so you can't hear the computer

water cooling scares me. if the computer falls over, get accidentally kicked, then leaks and everything is destroyed

This. I really don't understand why people insist on spending tonnes of money on shitty compromises when it's so easy to get both at such a low cost.

dont do fucking acrobatics around your computer

any recommendations for computer case?
i keep seeing mixed reviews on expensive cases that are supposed to be designed for noise reduction

>wear headphones
>put computer far away with very long display cable

God, that was hard!

that makes no sense. why would i want to drill a hole in the wall of my house or run wires all over the ground? plus having to run to another room to turn on my computer..

Must have no window.
Must have sound cancelling foam.
Get the Fractal R4 or R5, or any Fractal case without any windows but also has foam padding to dampen sound.
For further silence, don't use any HDDs, go all in on SSDs.
Also, make sure case fans aren't the crap kind.
Noctua is pretty good when it comes to low noise. There's also some new Fractal fans that aren't noisy as hell but cost about the same as Noctua or more.
You get what you pay for.

thanks a lot

Buy a mini fridge, then put your PC inside and drill a little hole for the wires you need.

With this setup you can remove all the fans because it's so cold. Just put some dessicant packets inside the fridge and on your CPU to make sure the water stays away!

fridges also make noise. that doesnt solve the problem

what about pre-built water coolers? are they worth it?

Don't buy a cheap PSU either, the average ones come with a fan, the decent ones have a fan and semi-passive heatsink.

Don't bother with water cooling. Just get a big ass heatsink like the DH-15 or Cryorig shit.

i bought a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, havent even opened it yet. is this sufficient or should i return it and get a DH-15?

I mean, everything makes noise. Fridges are a lot quieter than most PCs under a heavy load. OP said a "near silent" computer, not a "perfectly silent" computer.

Theres this nifty little "Wake Up" button on most keyboards.
Can't even recall the last time I touched my power button.

I mean, the DH-15 is like 5x more expensive than the 212 EVO. You can put a quieter fan on the EVO for pretty cheap, I would say stick with it. It comes with enough materials to mount 2 fans, so just upgrade to two quieter 120mm fans if it's too loud.

buy a 12 ft cable for your monitor and leave the pc outside your room

>build a near silent computer that can play AAA on max settings 1440p
Why? Don't you play with sound?
my headphones at 50% sitting on the desk drown out my PC.
I think you're a sensitive faggot that falls for nocturna shills.

> 50%
Good fucking lord man. Are you deaf?

Gramps, are you using PS/2?

My PC is also right next to my screen.

you should be careful of your ears, user.

>have the fractal mini C, regarded as perfect for silence
>5 fans: 2 front intake, 1 exhaust, 2 on push/pull on cpy heatsink
>computer is noisy as hell

?????

Nah I'm fine. Hearing range above average 25+Khz. But my left hammer dislocates from an incident with a vacuum when I was younger.
Not sure about volume, but haven't noticed any degradation from years of being a steel worker.

The larger the fan, the less noise it makes.

>having that many fans
shit nigger what are you doing
all you need is 1 exhaust

Don't use the cheapo fan stick two noctuas on it. The fan is annoyingly loud under heavy work load.

if my custom liquid cooling loop was kicked or fell over it wouldn't leak..

why are people kicking your case? I think you could full on kick my case and nothing would happen.. they're fucking metal you'd dent it maybe

>why are people kicking your case?
hey you never know he might be in a similar situation as pic related

FUCK YOU, DELETE THIS AT ONCE

Don't meme too hard you'll get an aneurysm.

o-oh ok

Maybe he wants a quiet case so that whoever is doing the kicking doesn't find it. The problem will then be hiding the monitor.

You know you don't actually use water right. You use a light oil. Computers don't give a fuck about oil.
pugetsystems.com/submerged.php

Heat dissipation is shit though.

I have the Define R5, Noctua NH-D15,full SSD internal storage, some Noctua case fan, Palit 1070 and one Coolermaster fan that came with this case.
Based on the sound this thing makes, I can't even tell that the computer is on for most of the time.
Only thing that makes sound in this system is my loud as fuck Toshiba external.
If I replaced my 1070 with a 1080ti, I bet it would be just as quiet and would fit what you're looking for.

Not him, but I have a wake on lan app on my phone

Build a cupboard. Insert sound insulation. Put PC inside.

Yeah, WoL is nice, and a more modern solution.

>get water cooling
>don't do dumb shit with you pc
>?
>?????

Mineral oil can still become conductive. . . And that shit is a massive pain in the ass to clean up, not to mention flameable. . .

Is there someone with proof this works? Fridges are very very well insulted, i doubt a mini fridge could keep up. Even if it could it would cost a lot of electricity. I really think it would overheat in just a few minutes if the system was pegged.

Absolute silence is hard with high end components.
You can get quietness with very large fans. Larger fans can run at lower speeds and still push a lot of air. Anything with a 200mm fan inside will be nice and quiet compared to 120mm fans.

Quality cases with noise dampening help even more
Acoustic baffling and absorption

For water cooling, get a quiet pump, stick it in a case with a basement and sound isolate it, run everything through a 400mm radiator with two 200mm fans on low rpm
thats the optimal way to get hot components to run as quiet as possible

these are the likeliest candidates

I'm a quiet computing enthusiast with a dampened quiet case which includes low rpm fans but I can still hear my low rpm single platter HDD.

I'm thinking of building an AV cabinet for my power amps and computer which gets sealed off but the issue for PC cases and recording studios is air exchange, so I'm curious what scaled down dead vent would look like
soundproofingcompany.com/soundproofing101/the-dead-vent/

It doesn't work.

youtube.com/watch?v=B8bhGw4vUFE

Stuff a lot of cotton in the computer case and pile pillows all over it.

youtube.com/watch?v=zIG9BNugOEs

easily, just move the case to another room, get long hdmi and usb cables, a few usb hubs. I get sound through hdmi.

Some Monitors buzzing might annoy you, but mine are silent.

This

Also can someone tell me is I run displayport extender/repeater will it introduce latency (and how much latency?)

best, most practical and most straighforward solution

but it will be rejected because there is autism afoot

Option 1: deltatronic.de/en/pc-en
$3000+ for a passive cooled build with a GTX 1080. I believe it's an underclocked 1080 though.

Option 2: silent air cooling
vertical airflow case (silverstone fortress).
choose efficient components, underclock, undervolt and raise temperature limits of GPU.
Don't bother with custom GPUs. Get a reference GPU and put a big ass tripple slot custom cooler on it.

This is the most sensible option.

option 3: watercooling
the only way to keep high end components quiet. Expensive but you don't have to trade performance for quietness.

just get some shielded audiophile cables with oxygen free copper and gold terminals, and elevate them off the ground to prevent undue ground vibration

>What matters the most when it comes to decreasing computer noise?
Getting a pair of headsets or speaker system which costs more than $10.

Why near silent? U recording music, OP?

>25+Khz
either the K is a mistake and you have superhuman hearing or it's not and you're deafer than my 98 yo grandmother

According to Wikipedia, the speed of electricity through copper wires tends to range anywhere frrom ~50%-99% of the speed of light. The speed of light is roughly 3*10^8 meters per second.

Assuming the absolute worst case scenario, this means 1.5*10^8 m/s, which translates into ~6.67ns/m. So for every meter you add, the signal will take another 6.67ns to reach its' destination.

Lets also assume you have one of the fastest displays on the market, like a native 240Hz LCD panel. Translated into time per frame, that one needs to be fed with a complete new frame every ~4.2ms.

How many times can you fit 6.67ns into 4.2ms? Roughly 629685 times. You probably won't be running a display port cable from your computer 630.000km away, so it seems very unlikely that you'd run into latency issues caused directly by the length (though the type of extender/repeater hardware used could certainly have a noticable impact).

kHz*
Life is hell.

25khz = 2500hz

no user, 25kHz is 25000Hz.

no user, you're thinking mhz

Are you an idiot?
What causes the noise? Gee i wonder.... could it be the fucking moving parts?
Yes, it's the fans. Replace them with water cooling and it will become inaudible, however the radiator still has a fan on it, so you need to pick one with a massive passive heat sinker instead
It will be expensive and pointless, get quality fans instead which will make the noise very low

Please tell me you're just pretending to be retarded.

>pic related
>remove pc from home
>substitute for passive parts (coilwhine still possible)
>place in another room
>turn on the radio to distract how noisy it is
>wear headphones/earplugs

Make your own
m.youtube.com/watch?v=H3_sy3-c6LM

Im going to assume you didn't do all that math for a troll.

DisplayPort can only handle cable lengths of a few meters without dropping signal.

>put computer in another room
>use long cables to connect your desktop peripheral
Tada

Heres what I use
>asus strix 1070
>noctua nh-d15
>2 case fans, both noctuas.

The case fans run at a constant 10% to keep airflow, I can't hear them even with my ear to the case. The NH-D15 fans dont turn until the CPU reaches 65 degrees, at which point they go to 15% and will ramp up to as much as 40%, more has never been required.

To finish it off I use a non-aggressive fan curve on my GPU and keep my computer clean.
Oh, and every single panel on my computer has sound deadening foam, and the only noticeable gaps for air to enter and exit are the intake and exhaust fans.

Use optical thunderbolt