Is rebecca black tech archive kill?

Is rebecca black tech archive kill?

Other urls found in this thread:

status.rbt.asia/
youtu.be/XYUKJBZuUig?t=5522
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes

I noticed. What happened?

I dunno, I hope it isn't permanent, but the message on the site makes me think that it might not be just some software or hardware failure. It is the best Sup Forums archive.

i think warosu has Sup Forums

Yeah, but didn't rebecca have full images for a much longer period of time?

ah, good point, no idea

There was a message at the top of the page asking for hardware donations for ages. What did you send her to help keep it running, user?

Something happened

>the ONLY Sup Forums archive
pls no kill

>mfw never noticed
And I could've donated either hardware or even fucking money if they wanted that.

not like anything important ever gets posted on Sup Forums

If you need to find information about a specific thing, let's say some ThinkPad model for example, it's a lot more useful to dig around in the archive a bit than to ask here and hope for a response. It's kind of like a library in which you can "lurk moar" and find the occasional important posts.

I mean, fuck, weren't they even located in Finland just like I... It would've been p easy... At least I remember the site mentioning something about operating under Finnish law. That'd actually make monetary donations illegal, heh.

I like to browse old stuff just because I've been here for what, 8-9 years now. Enough to get a little nostalgic, even. Sometimes for information, too: plenty of stuff does get posted about certain kind of hard- and software.

Thank God for dead archives.

Does Sup Forums really need to be archived? Nothing of any note is ever produced here.

It is fun to browse desktop and battlestation threads from years ago

>warosu
What archive does have Sup Forums with search option though

fuck those hipsters

Sup Forums archives are the worst it in part defeats the purpose of the site

>the purpose of the site
Which is?

Sup Forums has as much purpose as life.

It doesn't.

They are extremely useful. What are you talking about? What "purpose"?

Not really. The archives are only useful if you have at least a vague idea of what you're looking for.

Too much shit to go through otherwise.

the ephemerality of imageboards is a big part of their nature
archives defeat this. go to a forum if you want persistence

I disagree, the nature is in how these active boards fall somewhere between a chat and a forum in their pace and content (+ anonymity combined to that)

Persistence only matters in so far as there are still only some pages of active threads. Archives don't affect us at all, really, except when we want to look up something old. Threads still die more or less very soon (depending on the pace of the particular board, of course)

The no. of people browsing the archives is far outweighed by the no. of people who just browse Sup Forums. It basically has no effect on the average poster.

I browse the archive sometimes when I'm looking for a specific topic, and, in my opinion, it doesn't affect the way I post in the slightest. What consequences do I receive were my posts to be archived vs not being archived? Unless you're posting with a tripcode, basically nothing. Illegal content, or content disclosing someone's private info, or basically anything deleted by the mods is removed from the archives, too.

In the case that something big that does that have a lasting effect occurs, the archive is pretty damn inconspicuous compared to all the screenshots, mspaint flowcharts, blog posts, and shitty journalism that inevitably crop up as a result of events like those; e.g. nudes being leaked and whatever other stupid, worthless controversy that news journals desperately clinging on to dear life will shamelessly sensationalize.

>The no. of people browsing the archives is far outweighed by the no. of people who just browse Sup Forums
This, too. I love having an archive but even I don't go there very often.

Good riddance

Archives are a blight

Go to a fucking forum if you want archives

>her
who is she?

Rebecca Black.

That slut who made that annoying as fuck song.

what exactly do you think the purpose of 10 page limit is for?

Just what? It's really handy thing to have. You can find answers to most questions here with a simple search, spot posting patterns and expose the shit that gets forced, check when you forgot something that you saw on this site etc. I know I much prefer having an external archive to reference to instead of answering the same questions here daily or seeing people make new threads and posts asking about things they are could just type into the archive search. Unless you are here to shitpost it's bound to be useful at some point. You don't spend time there, it's slow enough to browse that you only search for for specific things. And unlike a forum you can't be a moron and necropost.

Doubt she made anything other than sing what she was told.

Friday was fault of this Nigerian fag. That's one of the reasons niggers must be purged.

Friday was the fault of this Nigerian fag.
That's one of the reasons niggers should be purged btw

status.rbt.asia/

>tfw you can't stalk your favorite tripfag anymore

Fuck, lads

>Doubt she made anything other than sing what she was told.
She recently made her own song, or at least a song without being attached to that company that apparently exploited children, which according to my friend is actually pretty good. I don't plan on listening to it though.

youtu.be/XYUKJBZuUig?t=5522

It's just nice having the option there in case you need it, right? I've noticed I don't spend too much time on archives unless I have a really hard time finding what I'm looking for, whereas I could easily waste hours upon hours away on Sup Forums.

What software / hardware did they use?

Solus on mac minis

And nothing of value was lost.

Except the best archive

>What hardware did they use?

Might

cool optiplex

>ext4

Database SSD seems to be mostly fine.

Yeah, Dell OptiPlex 755.

Hi Elliot, I am your f-ther.

I watched the entire Q&A live but am I to take that you are agreeing with moot on this? Well I disagree with his point about the "spirit" of Sup Forums as vague and unstable as that concept is. moot speaks about content creation as the spirit and how the site's anonymous, frantic nature creates(or created) and unique environment for it. Basically people creating original content, being bold and creative about it because of anonymity and the creations which ends up persisting are those that get reposted. Either by being good or by people going through the effort to force them through.

I don't feel like this was ever the case with Sup Forums and the few memes here in recent years are forced and mostly terrible in my opinion. Other than single posts I don't remember when I was even slightly amused by Sup Forums's content anymore. This is a discussion board.

Even moot mentions how the site has changed a lot. I don't see harm in change per se. I don't see archives having any meaningful impact on people's posting habits here, hurting the spirit or even contributing to the change where that applies. They are just a database which you can look up information from if you know what you are looking for and often very useful for boards like Sup Forums where you have discussion.

Sup Forums has its own archive too. Where do you draw the line of what's in the spirit and what's not? Or is even the on-site archive bad?