ITT: Life improving software

Downloaded this software the other day and I love it. I code alot because I study mathematics/statistics and it's made using my PC at night a lot easier on the eyes. Enjoy!

Is it better than native win10 utility?
Is it better than the opensource LightBulb software?

gnucash

flux shilling! havent seen that in a while thanks OP.
Breaks up the monotony of the same generals, tfw fell for..., and mpv shill threads we have every day

yes, in my opinion it is better because it doesnt just dim the brightness

first time posting in this thread so I dont know what shill is...and you weren't very coherent so I don't exactly know how to respond

that's a new W10 feature, it doesn't just dim the brightness either retard

f.lux is dead now that W10 has it

so is there any quantitative research on the supposed improvements of blue light disablers

>f.lux is dead now that W10 has it
Yeah, no.
Not everyone uses that shit operating system.

isnt this shit botnet?

>this

Use redshift instead.

yes, it is. Use redshift, especially on gahnoo+loonix.

wtf i hate flux now

>redshift
that's bloated, harmful (and potentially includes botnet). Use sct instead

How is it a botnet?
What does it do?

installing it now, you better not be memeing me lad

Exists

What books are you following and what language do you use for statistics?

Go fuck yourself

>he needs to install bloatware to reduce blue color

pleb

yes, because you don't need to enable location settings, so it's less botnet.

(you can stay offline and enter your location in flux manually)

Asks you to type the city you live in to get the screen autoadjust at the right hours.
Of course to Sup Forums any slight thing that might give an idea of the possibility of a probable hint on your identity is botnet, so there you have it.

Never understood this flux meme.
What you should do is focus on the external lights and make them adapt to the time of day.
If your eyes are strained at looking at something all day, you have bad lighting in your room.

But lets go ahead and add lights in the keyboards and turn up the brightness of your screens so you can skimp on the lighting in your office.

Isn't that what f.lux does anyway?

Turn blue light back up at day, to match the natural ambient lighting, and down at night to match the warmer lighting from the bulbs.
That is of course, unless you have your pc in a literal basement, or think window shutters closed 24/7 is the way to go (protip, it isn't).

I'd rather not destroy the colour of my media, thank you very much. If I wanted to look at piss coloured stuff, I'd just do that instead of changing everything to piss.

Lightning a room is expensive for normal people now. :(
Especially for young jobless ones. :(