When will internet be truly ubiquitous? As in, you'll have unlimited 4G (or 5G) access to internet wherever you go...

When will internet be truly ubiquitous? As in, you'll have unlimited 4G (or 5G) access to internet wherever you go. Even if you're in the middle of nowhere on a raft in the pacific ocean, in Antarctica, in northern Canada or in the jungle of equatorial Africa, you'll still have perfect access and can stream YouTube videos nonstop in 4K, and it will no longer be reasonable to have data caps or pay for internet at all.

Are we 15 years away from it? Or is it closer to 50 years?

Why the fuck would you want that? Govererment spying....

we had electricity for decades and still there are a lot of places where its not stable or outright nonexistant
what makes you think it will be different for internet?

to be fair internet access is a lot easier to achieve than power, you can just beam it down from satellites

it already exists, you have to use satellite dishes. although it is expensive as fuck.

Why would we not want the internet to be ubiquitous?

I just hope we're moving in a good direction toward a utopia of sorts.

i don't think its viable to send signals strong enough from a satillite to be able to stream youtube videos nonstop in 4k

even if you could, and only limit to your latency was light speed, you would have high ping due to sheer distance

Imagine no privacy, forever.

Maybe you can't. Perhaps you have grown up with pervasive IOT surveillance and consider insecure, buggy software the norm and NSA splitters on every backbone good.

I'm old so I can remember what privacy was, and I liked it.

I'm betting if not 5G then 6G will utilize satellites, then it'll be like that.

when the tesla guy sends up those internet satellites he promised

When it's completely censored and your name and photo are attached to every single thing you post

>Utopia
>a fictional island, possessing a seemingly perfect socio-politico-legal system
>Coined from Ancient Greek οὐ (ou, “not, no”) + τόπος (tópos, “place, region”), referring to its inability to exist anywhere in the real world.
>referring to its inability to exist anywhere in the real world.
Here's the answer to your question. As well as for any other epic fantasy where everything is perfect and we're all equal.

Literally never. As long as Verizon and ATT can get away with charging $20 per GB for overages.

ATT grandfathered unlimited data is the way to go. Only throttles around 7 GB or so and you still get decent speeds.

Maybe in the next decade if Elon Musk/Facebook surround the world with mini satellites.

I work for a WISP and the USA is paying us to put up 4g towers and offer 50mb plans. 25ms ping

Haven't you ever watched Lain?

oh yeah, wireless is so easy, specially when there are lots of people using it at the same time

in a few years as long as this succubus doesnt fuck it up

>I just hope we're moving in a good direction toward a utopia of sorts.
when will gookmoot start banning normalfag retards from this website?

Never. I think in 50000 years when some alien culture starts developing here we'll get extranet access. Humans will never 'invent' unlimited internet.

I'm glad that Magenta Zuhause exists, I'll have 16 - 20 MBits LTE by February 2018.

There is some shit I accept.

If i go online, everyone will try to stare up my asshole.
If I go outside in the city, there is a camera on every single building watching me
If I have any cellphone, You can triangulate my position.

However, I don't accept active 'i paid for the software and its spying on me' shit.

wifi everywhere, doesn't mean you need a wifi device and are tracked by it, it just means you are able to have a wifi device.

THIS T B H F A M

Raise the buffer, give a few seconds to load a fair chunk initially (that would be seconds).

This
Your Facebook profile will become so deeply attaches to your id that they will become one. Connection to the internet is done through the electronic id and all your browsing history and internet activity is stored in a database associated to your electronic id
Applaying for a job? Employers will have a look at your electronic id and if they find something that they don't like (browsing Sup Forums for example) they automatically discard you
The future sure looks grim

I think we're within ten years of this nightmare.

??

Most of these laws(Except maybe the UK law) have nothing to do with censorship and more with big business wanting to join the profitable directed marketing.