Worth upgrading CPU, Mobo, Ram now or wait until next gen of processors...

Worth upgrading CPU, Mobo, Ram now or wait until next gen of processors? Will Intel release something spicy to contest Ryzen?

i5 4670 atm

do you experience a CPU bottleneck anywhere? if not, don't bother.

I got a i5 3570 from ebay
and I dont have any bottlenecks in games
only payed 40 bucks for it
feels good

There will always be a new generation, so you'll just wait forever.

It's a good processor, wait a few years

All Intel have coming this year is Skymeme-E, which should be the housefire to end all housefires.

or you can just wait until your current CPU is actually lacking.

iw2hswm

>overclock to 5ghz
>300 watt

>$300 on an i7-4790k
vs.
>$350 on an i7-7700k
>$150 on a new LGA1151 motherboard
>$110 on 16gb DDR4 ram

The ~$300+ premium for the Skylake is absolutely not worth it compared to just getting an older Haswell i7. The performance difference is very, very minimal.

Shit just find a used one

>Skylake
oops Kaby Lake

why do retards insist on updating their hardware every 5 minutes?
the 4th gen intel cores arent even old yet and you're stressing about upgrading, if you're gonna change processors every 2 years you might as well just buy AMD because by the time a new chip comes out your old one will have detonated itself

A better reason to get AMD is that even if you wait 3 years to upgrade, they will still be using AM4. Intel changes their sockets every die shrink.

yeah but since the old one melted itself i presume the motherboard would be in some fucked up shape

Ryzen is a failure and Kaby Lake a scam,

I'm tired of this bullshit because I need an upgrade from my i7 940 shortly and I was told to wait for Ryzen, but right now is not a good time to buy.

Their fault for trying to overclock a Bulldozer.

But dude they are newer and theres more optimization for them
dont you care about your cinebench score?

i7 2700K
16GB ram
GTX 1070
@windows 7

when should I upgrade?

get the ryzen 1600 if you want a solid performer

then just buy

parzeeten indian scam

tbqh no

Intel hasn't given a compelling reason to upgrade in years. I'm still running on a haskell i7 rig and I probably won't bother upgrading until something on it dies. Ryzen looks cool but it seems like it has too many teething problems unless you really like dealing with that stuff.