Tfw got ryzen

>tfw got ryzen
>tfw skylake x is right around the corner
>tfw skylake single core performance on 6 cores will now be the same price as Ryzen
>tfw missed out on literally the perfect CPU

>he thinks he'll get anywhere near the overclocks on a Skylake-X (now with even more L2) compared to a Kaby

You're retarded.
While you're waiting for Q3 for Skylake-X, which might or might not be a fucked up launch on Broadwell-E's level, you could have just waited another quarter or two for Zen+

Either way, you're waiting.

I ordered ryzen m8, im just sad that i had to miss out on that 4.5-4.8ghz 6 core cpu

Sky-X L2 cache is 4 times that of KL per core, while L3 has shrunk considerably.

For overclocking this ain't all swell news, the L2 caches run at the speed of the cores as they're private caches, and now you have 4 times the size of what regular Skylake had, while L3 since haswell has been run on its own separate clock domain which was good for OCing as the core clocks didn't impact it much.

You have no right to more performance than we give you, stupid goy. Be grateful that we didn't lock the multipliers.

Everything after Haswell has shit overclock potential

>falling for ayy emm dee meme processors

you have nobody but yourself to blame

>6 skylake cores instead of 4
>won't fix stuttering issues
>ryzen will still have better minimums
>ryzen will still feel "smoother"

>kaby lake has shit overclock potential
>most chips OC to 5ghz

Had to do 7 captchas to post this btw

There are barely any stuttering issues unless you're running shit in the background, and moar cores will fix that

>4.5-4.8ghz 6 core cpu
TDP? :^)

>lower minimums matter when your average doesn't get above 10 fps

why do people say Ryzen can't OC?

Kinda weird, can OC higher than Intel 8 cores on LN2, but can't go higher on air.

>caring about power consumption

Faggot

Because nobody actually gives a shit about LN2 OC, the only relevant kind of OC is the kind you can run 24/7 to get a legitimate performance boost while you're actually using the system.

How long would a CPU last if it was run consistently on that voltage ( 1.9v)?

Nobody gives a shit as long as most CPUs can get there and achieve stability. I'd throw a custom water loop on Ryzen if it could reach 4.8GHz, but it can't.

It's okay to melt the socket when it's Intel

I'm hoping for a decent pelteir plate. Roughly would been one that's 140W.
While they're cheep at around $10. They consume 140W.
That should cool it to 10-15c when clocked.

Before:
>BUT AYYMD HOUSEFIRES!!!
How ironic.

>buy product
>when successor to product will release next year

TFW you avoided the Intel backdoor

Speaking of.
Is it the heat, or intensity that does the damage?
As in the voltage physically displacing materials in the chip. Or just the heat generated melting transistors.
While ln2 gets the temps down on measurement, internally may be molten, yes?

Let me just go out and buy some LN2 every time I want to do anything with my CPU.

Just bought a 7700k for $350 and don't give a fuck. I'm gaming so w.e

>5.8ghz
>world record

Wow, you're a mouthbreathing retard shill that can't even figure out how to use legacy captcha. Most i7-7700K can't even hit 4.9. i7-7740K won't do much better.

>skylake x 6 core
>140W TDP

How can Intel is so much worse in efficiency than AMD?

By spending 5 years straight counting their shekels and shrinking dies instead of actually doing something with their architecture.

>launch windows
>q3-q4

Meanwhile Zen2 is Q1 next year and the 16 core MCMs are out by June

I have haswell i5 and I will never buy Intel shit again.
With backdoors and they wont even let you watch netflix 4k unless you have kaby lake

>all this shilling for ryzen and skylake
>mfw the cancer that is AMD PSP/Intel ME
>implying you even need the performance boost

This board is beyond saving.

How can you be is so bad in grammar?

what are they going to improve in Zen2?

The hell if I know, but they promised a "tock, tock, tock".

What I see as potential things to fix and add:

More I/O
IF datapaths from 32b to 64b for consumer chips, reducing need for higher clocked memory
256bit FPU pipes
Wider integer units(could use another AGU)
High clocking Glofo/Samsung process for consumer dies
Lower latency L1
Lower latency memory controller
2900MHz supported memory

Of course these are big things, there's rarely ever one big thing that improves performance, it's a combination of everything, and zen2 is likely to have more registers, retire/store/load queues which is natural for a new generation.

What I expect is some 7-10% higher IPC and higher clocks from these things combined.

Mostly this Biggest impact with next Zen iteration is going to be clockspeeds undoubtedly. I think better pipeline optimization and improved process from Samsung/GF should give Zen2 higher clockspeeds just like Intel did with improved process from Skylake to Kabylake.

Imagine a 20% IPC increase, they did say zen2 was 15% more than Zen a while ago.
Who'd even need clocks then?

Look pal we've already got enough shitposts flying around without the "muh freedumbs" crowd chiming in.

>Most i7-7700K can't even hit 4.9
>As of 2/22/17, the top 78% of tested 7700Ks were able to hit 4.9GHz or greater
>Most

Really makes you think.

>Silicon Lottery recommends having Kaby Lake processors delidded for the best overclocking experience.

Yes goy void your warantee for more MHz

How many people here have actually bought Ryzen? Seems like a lot of shilling when most people still buy Intel.

What's up now, huh? Huh?! Step to me, nigga.

Do you do gaymen only or also "productivity"?

watch me nigger

Whoa, nice Vcore for that clock.

>tfw I'm sitting it out
Noobs

I want to buy kaby lake, but it says i have to install windows 10 :(((

I use it for work mainly. I don't play many games any more. I still have my PS3 though because I want to play Persona 5.

That's mid-idle downvolt desu fampai. I need just over 1.3V for 3.9 and couldn't get 4 stable even at 1.45V, so gave up.

The "I have given up on life" solution to the high end CPU wars.

Still will come with those shitty intel clips. Thank god I have an alternative cooler with a backplate because I am sick of these intel cpu clips which suck ass.

>tfw bought kabylake pentium $70
>Single thread performance better than all of Ryzen, only slightly less than top-tier i7s
>Don't do any fancy video editing or rendering so I don't need the extra cores

pic is me counting all the money I saved

can you run windows 7 on it?

I don't use software that doesn't respect my freedoms.

i respect you freedoms.

Great Facebook machine there, might as well get a phone.

Runs any game or emulator on max settings ON linux drivers. Can't ask for anything better.

Found the NEET.

>Single thread performance better than all of Ryzen, only slightly less than top-tier i7s

Neither of those things are true though. Any Ryzen chip overclocked past its frequency will outperform it in single core, and an overclocked 7700K is 30%+ faster per core.

It's a nice chip for the money, but you fags always have to go nuts and pretend these budget CPUs have zero flaws and you got the world's best deal.

Enjoy your housefires.

>implying the 10 dollars you'll save per year make a difference

Poorfag detected

>Zero flaws
Only flaw is that it's made by a Jewish company that locks it down so no OCing
>World's best deal
It is.

>he closes all his apps when does his gaymen

Okay champ, you come back in a year and tell us how that dual core is working out for you. Hell, it'll only take six months if the G3258 is anything to go by. Another "great deal" from a company known for handing out such things. :^)

Alright I will. I'll see you exactly one year from this post date.

>tfw skylake single core performance on 6 cores will now be the same price as Ryzen

Why is there endless anti AMD threads on Sup Forums these days? It's like there people are paid to shitpost against AMD or something.

T-t-there's no w-way that's true

Even if AMD is as shitty as these threads make them out to be, most people would just accept it and move on..

I dont see anything wrong with that sentence

Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding, but I think op is implying that Intel is going to sell a 6c12t CPU at the same prices as Ryzen. Which will never happen. I bet 20 good boy points that the cheapest Intel 6c will be over $500.

6800k was about 400-440 dollars, which is right around the price of a 1700x (at launch)

Congrats cunt. Enjoy your AMD backdoor

next consumer i7 is guaranteed to use a new platform, right?

>6800k
Fair enough, my estimate was off. But that's still a $400+ for 6c while Ryzen's 6cs are nearly half of that.

>post YFW one of these breaks

From what I remember

1) make the fpu better
2) decouple the core connections from ram, or increase what it latches onto (currently if you got ddr 3200 it runs at 1700)

These are at least what I see as the major updates.

any news on the CCX latency?

till software/hardware/firmware catches up, intel 10 > intel 8 > ryzen 8 > intel 6 > ryzen 6 > intel 4 > ryzen 4 > intel 2

for almost any consumer application.

there are instances where ryzen does better then intel 10 core but home use does not see that in anything but unicorn applications.

intel 6 core skylake cpus will house fire hard if they don't solder them, and as some games use 6 cores more often then 8 cores, ryzen 8 will likely still be overall the better choice.

amd amd fucking killed motherboards like a motherfucker if you used the 9000 or overclocked the 8000 and had no real clue what you were doing.

Amd gets to speak from experience, these cpus will be literal fires at those watt levels when you push them, fuck kabby lake already touches the 9000 stock watt use when you hit 4.8~ with it.

at stock and idle ryzen is around 65-95 watts, overclocked to 4.0 its starting to push 200

stock 6 core skylake is already pushing 140 watts.

>4.8 ghz on a 6 core enthusiast CPU.
Just cancelled my r7 1700 order
Thanks mate.

full 8 core oc, not single core

waiting on the motherboard I want to come in stock to buy everything.

Wait... Does this mean that 7900k (the 8 core cpu) will be around 600 dollars? If so I can with confidence say that AMD did it. They stopped the monopoly.

the difference is 50%+ cpuse used for gaming have 4 threads, companies cant write a 7600k off just because it has 4 threads, so the i3 and pentiums will likely last longer then the dual core dual thread cpu did,

lol as shitty as these threads make it out to be? these threads make amd sound like a pentium 4 compared to an overclocked 7700k

fact is amd with this cpu came into the realm of good enough performance, won on efficiency, and when the apus come out, will be fun to see what laptops go with.

>believing a 6-core will reach 4.8 at non-housefire temps and less than 200 W
silly

> for $350

Point and laugh boys

Intel's 6 core mainstream won't be out till 2018.

Of course when it does, and might go back into the gutter.

>being poor
Point and laugh boys

Hah. No. Intel won't undercut themselves that much.

Can't believe you're missing out on the next great product from Intel(tm)

Enjoy not being able to run games without stuttering when you have a browser open in the background.

Also interested in this. Anyone knowledgeable?

If there were any certified EEs on this board they'd probably have fucked off long ago or risked losing their mind at all the retardation constantly being spouted around here.

The king has returded

and it even comes with embedded spyware!

JustWait™

Intel Wait Lake

>intelfags on suicide watch

Just Wait(tm) for 140+watt housefires.