Mfw if you wanna have decent laptop with desktop capabilities you have to buy shiny gamer shit

>mfw if you wanna have decent laptop with desktop capabilities you have to buy shiny gamer shit

Other urls found in this thread:

shopfujitsu.com/store/
dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/xps-15-9560-laptop
www3.lenovo.com/ie/en/laptops/thinkpad/p-series/P70/p/20ERCTO1WWENIE0
amazon.com/dp/B015PYYDMQ/?tag=thewire06-20&linkCode=xm2&ascsubtag=WC38536
eurocom.com/ec/configure(2,386,0)SkyX7E2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

not true, OP--you could purchase a macbook pro

why else would you need a laptop with desktop capabilities?

Should look at the Dell XPS ultrabooks.

same reason you'd need a desktop with desktop capabilities

>no numpad
>more expensive than inspiron or lenovo legion with comparable specs

what is a fujitsu lifebook?

shopfujitsu.com/store/

My next laptop WILL be a macbook pro.

All the other stuff is shitty made and corners are cut everywhere.

If don't want to shred my screen of just by opening and closing my laptop.

I don't want loud fans and overpowered quadcores and gfx cards.

I don't want to have tn panels or fucking slow ips shitpanels.

I don't want fucking red keyboard lightening.

>i want to buy a car thats also a plane

Lenovo does nice laptops and doesn't sell them as overpriced gamer gear, which means you can get the same hardware 50% cheaper than MSI or ASUS.

The keyboard lightning has come in a handy a couple times, i suppose u can buy a glow in the dark mat or use get usr it to memorize every key

Dell Precision

>Dell Precision
you mean Inspiron?

Asus rog gl753? Not over the top flashy. Biggest standout i saw was the glowy keyboard, but that can be disabled. And it's $1200.

Or if you want a bidness machine, hp envy x360. Good specs, but the screen is small.

dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/xps-15-9560-laptop

>no numpad

Do people even use the numpad? If you truly needed one you could just buy a 20$ keyboard.

Clevo you faggit.

numpads are the comfiest

Expensive as hell for what are essentially basic laptops.

They don't even have a dedicated GPU.

>what are mobile workstations

No, Precision.

Numpads on laptops are fucking shit.

I can't live without numpad on my laptop. My previous one did not have it and I missed it so much.

>I can't live without numpad on my laptop
same here

www3.lenovo.com/ie/en/laptops/thinkpad/p-series/P70/p/20ERCTO1WWENIE0

>No numpad

This is really a complaint people have?

>thinshit
>decent

to play games?

to compile on gentoo

/thread

Lenovo is pure shit. The time when I had my Y510p SLI was the worst time in my gayming career.

I would not get any "gamer" notebook unless you REALLY live on the move. Get a cheap, thin and power saving notebook and a desktop for gaming and power demanding tasks.

>gaming career

Doesn't look that bad, and by the way the newest Alienware don't even look tacky

>desktop
>laptop
choose one

P50 and friends workstation notebooks are good too

Wow, I can't believe it, but the design is actually good. How's the keyboard?

Believe it or not but one of the best around being it's only of the last laptop that didn't fall for the chiclet meme and instead has full depth soft touch keys

Hmm, probably scissor switches, but still good. I can't believe it, but I want an Alienware now! I would have preferred an ARM or MIPS-based Compaq Armada with some nice mechanical keyboard though.

Yeah they are god tier actually with fully modular parts, only trouble is the 99wh battery which makes it something like 7lbs though amazing battery life for a quad core laptop

Buy a thinkpad on ebay you fucking amateur

The new Alienware lineup is actually pretty decent, it's also the most grown up looking gaming laptop imo. Every Asus/MSI with similar specs looks like it was designed by a 12yo. All I want is for them to put the OLED the 13 has on the 15, then it'd be perfect.

>shitty energy-efficient 2core CPU
>overprived
no thanks

Here OP

so the choice is between overpriced meme laptops and shiny gaymer laptops?
i think i'll stay with the latter

or mobile workstation like dell precison/hp zbook/thinkpad p

I'm seriously looking at buying an Alienware 13 in the next few weeks.

Yeah Asus stuff looks awful, it's just chink design

ThinkPad P50 has a Xeon option
up to 64 GiB ECC RAM

There are some Precisions that have Xeon options too

Maybe some people want a gayming laptop without looking like a complete fag.

How's this?
amazon.com/dp/B015PYYDMQ/?tag=thewire06-20&linkCode=xm2&ascsubtag=WC38536

I use gentoo on my T520 with i7. I just do updates at night while I'm sleeping.

Only software that's particularly irritating is Firefox and Libreoffice due to the fact that the two combined take something like 3 hours to compile.

im the user you replied to

I actually run Gentoo on all of my machines. Libreoffice does take a while to build but on my desktop with an i7-6700k it doesn't take more than a half hour. There's always libreoffice-bin if you don't want to compile it though.

Man, they were so close to doing it well. But instead of making the board wider they jam all the function keys together at the top in one continuous line, stuff the pgup/pgdn keys against the arrows, and put home/end, ins/del and so on wherever they fit. Look at the inches on either side, they had more than enough room to do a proper layout.

It's just so it's standard they do the same thing in the XPS like and other laptops

Time isn't really a problem since I compile when I'm asleep but my real dream is to upgrade my desktop to Ryzen and shove all my old parts in a case to make a distcc server.

Get a Clevo laptop (resellers are Sager,Eurocom, rjtech, many others). Doesn't have that gaudy gamer aesthetic and has some pretty dank cooling. The resellers let you customize it up pretty well too.

Alienware shills GTFO. This is getting ridiculous.

This. Typing from my new 15.4" right now. 10/10, easily the best laptop I've ever owned. Don't listen to the poorfag jealous anti-Apple shills.

Alienware is *decent* hardware with a markup.

It looks like ostentatious gamer trash, which is why I will never own one.

Ok just way for the weekly sales and then add the discount you get when you call in

Markup gone

What games can a Macbook even play?

You 'avin a giggle m8?

You could have just said nothing, it really didn't need a picture.

>implying gaymes are the only thing people need processing power for

lemme just carry that to the meeting under my arm
shit I'm out of battery

Faggot it's got a 6 hour battery with 99Wh you aren't running out any more than you do with a regular laptop, even less so intact knowing it has about double the battery of the average laptop

joke's on you
I was only pretending to be retarded :^)

See I would, but they thermal throttle to shit.

>3 fps average

Heard this one has screen ghosting issues?

this

why there are no laptops with HQ i7 CPUs and decent GeForce in elegant black case, only red-ish glowing shit
REEEEEE

Change the keyboard backlight to all white and you're set.

>someone wants to play games on a laptop
>doesn't want to look like a fag

Newsflash: You're a fag. Laptops aren't for games. Stop being a manchild with a compulsive need to play video games when not at home.

press backspace

oh wait

DELET THIS

>his keyboard has 2 buttons for the same thing

Yeah I get so annoyed that I can't backspace what I'm typing while deleting files at the same time.

>implying workstation laptops dont exist

How do you delete the other direction?
is it fn + del ?

>have a job that requires frequent traveling overseas
>rarely at home
Yeah I'm a manchild.

eurocom.com/ec/configure(2,386,0)SkyX7E2
Sleek looking business laptop with superior specs

and then add the discount you get when you call in

What do you mean by this? You get special discount when calling them as opposed to ordering online?

Also is there any way to get foreknowledge of upcoming 'days of deals'? I have an old dell account thats active but i never seem to get emails from them.

Sorry for stupid questions.

You call the website number when you order and also there are always these sales just put Dell on your email and they will announce to you

Okay thanks.

Still looks like gamer trash
also
>7-color backlit keyboard

What's wrong with chromo keyboards?

nothing if you can configure them to one comfy color

eGPU

All gaming laptops are gaudy and have chink-tier aesthetic to appeal to 16 y/o league of legends players. The only relatively mature and understated designs for gaming laptops are the Blade series.

Muted light pink is my favorite, i dislike Chromas that flash back and forth between colors, might be because I'm epileptic though.

>delete the other direction?

wat

>14''
>no numpad

That has the awful razor logo though

Also Alienware stuff is sufficiently minimalistic

honestly, i've gotten tired of the "mature and understated" orgy. It stopped being about the actuial aesthetics of the hardware long ago and started becoming this cultish thing that only existed to project some kind of illusory maturity to get asspats

>tl;dr: no Sup Forums, you are the manchildren

Good.

that has the awful alienware logo though

Top right, I remember seeing this around 2006/7 but I wasn't into computers then, what is it?
When I see it I'm always curious for like no reason.

It's not bright green

I still have my y510p and it holds up pretty well. If you turbo boost it to 3.4ghz it can work as good as most modern laptops. If the heat issue is a thing then it can be solved my mods.

I had one for two months and it just had too many random issues for me to keep it. Microsoft store was cool and let me return it even though it was outside the return period.

Coil whine like crazy, the CPU fan was at 50% or so at idle and noticeable, backlight bleed like a mofo, batter would decide it wasn't charged randomly and shut the machine off, but when powered back on it would be back to where it should be (i.e. 95% charge), and other issues.

I just wanted a laptop that didn't look totally stupid and could tote back and forth to my girlfriend's place, friends' places when I travel, etc so I could do rendering and maybe game when I need to.

So now I'm up to a 17" Alienware 17R4 because fuck it. 4 years of on-site service and a well known certified repair shop down the block so I don't have to fuck with it if there are issues.

I do wish the Blade series were under tighter QC. As for the logo, just put a skin on it from dbrand.

go to system76.com
They have Laptops with Linux pre-installed.
Most expensive model is ugly as fuck and costs over 10000 fully maxed out (they have a configurator).