32GB

the real question is 16 or 32 GB

the real question is 32 or 64 GB

>mixing RAM colours

Enjoy your rainbowing

16 obviously. Maybe listen to this guy

2^64+1 octets

the real question is 64 or 128 GB

I'm thinking of adding another pair of 2x16GB modules to populate my last channel.

>not using 128gb ram
>not loading your entire operating system on the main memory
>not using ram as your primary storage

enjoy your slow ass shit

If my phone has 128 gb of memory how come computers only have 8 or 16?

8 if you do anything beynd basic like gaming
16+ if you do any sort of computational bullshit

16 will do you until ddr5 next year

keked, good job mein friend

>loading an OS into volatile memory
>not loading it onto optaaaayyyne

Enjoy your UC errors and data loss

8GB is enough if you're just gonna be gayming and shit. If you're creating ramdisks or w/e you're gonna need that dedodated wam

the real question is 128 or 256 GB

32GB and 16 virtual machines running constantly so you can use every distro simultaneously

8GB RGB, plebs

16GB, its worth it

the real question is 256 or 512GB

Unless you're playing games or just forcing yourself to use it anything over 2GB is just wasted. Prove me wrong.

the real question is 512GB or 1TB

Some of us enjoy multitasking on our PCs user...

Would like to see you run matlab/octave simulations/scripts + have chrome with 10-20tabs, and a few pdfs open on just 2gb of RAM

>chrome.exe
>chrome.exe
>chrome.exe
>chrome.exe

Already topping out of 8gb thanks to windows catching.

>image
Just so you know, it is incorrect English to use "whom" as a subject, which you have done three times. The only real exception would be when you're talking about the word itself, as in "'whom' is a terrible word to use here."

640GB ought to be enough for everybody.
So 1TB is neccessary if you seriously want to build a future proof system.

>1TB
>not 2TB for ultra future-proof-ism

24gb

knowyourmeme.com/memes/whomst

I unironically have 64GB of RAM.
Never gonna look back.

What's the point of extra unused RAM?

Like if the most RAM I'd ever use would be like 10GB what would 24GB do for me?

Nothing, unless it's adding to the channels, in which case you will see minor increases in performance.

ramlet pls go

if you're building a pc in 2017 you should go for 32gb minimum unless you're a poorfag who needs to save every penny in which case you should still go for 16gb

>not 8tb for the sweet feeling of ram driveS that make chrome launch in phento seconds

reminder

CPU?

> next year
It will be at least 3 years before we see any sign of ddr5 being released to general consumers

fuck me that's making me laugh hard

at 16gb you're barely above the minimum spec for a single game let alone productivity applications and multi-tasking. the image even says 8-10gb will be obsolete in a year or two and the image is probably a bit outdated

>8tb of RAM
>not 16TB in RAID1 for extra protection
it's like you want your data to get corrupted, senpai

Sounds like you've got the downs.

>16tb in raid 1
Not getting 4 sets of 32TB, then raid0 two of them, then raid1 the remaining 2.

Someone please explain this meme to me.

I have had 8GB since 2010.

New systems now should have 8GB at poverty level, 16GB at budget, and 32GB for enthusiasts.

Severely outdated. 24-32GB is the perfect amount of RAM. 64GB is pushing it. 12-16GB is cutoff. 10GB is king of RAMlets.

32gb for running your own VM network inside your host machine.

Ramlets will never understand

Under 500Megs ~ Puppy linux/Linux for ARM/Android 2.2/2.3

500Megs ~1GB - Linux/BSD under i3/Awesome/Openbox ~ casual browsing and file management

4GB - Linux/BSD/Win7/older OSX mountain lion/OSX Lion ~ for regular browsing, programming, light applications and simple games

8GB - Any OS ~ modern resource hungry games, running multiple 2GB or lower VMS or 4GB VMs for a more realistic scenario,programming, and small RAMdisks

16GB and up ~ Multiple VMs and larger RAMdisks
servers, et cetera.

GET YOUR NORMIE MEMES OFF MY BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

can ou post/draw you VNetwork diagram?

You use Workstation?

16 is the optimal number,

I haven't accessed our classes network we designed for CCDC on this machine yet but so far I've gotten these machines up. Next up I want to get a virtual router and switch going.

VMware Workstation

Games use 8 GB by themselves at max settings

>not RAID 10
pleb

4 if you are not a gaymer. Really, you will never need more than 3gb.

excellent post

shiteating post

>tfw got 64GB for $200 before ram prices went up

Glad I didn't listen to you faggots

How do you implement vSwitch and vRouter?

I don't know, I haven't done it yet. However I'd love to know and that's why I'm learning how.

2gb is more than enough. 4 is overkill

2GB is 2 times the overkill of 1gb overkill. 512mb is all you need

This.

it's shit

Games are still mostly 32-bit so they only use 3GB max.

/thread
You need 2gb or you need to go back to Sup Forums

8 is fine unless you're buying a laptop with soddered rams, then you should get 16 (or get a laptop that doesn't sacrifice upgradability for thinness memes)

12 GB!

bought new hardware/software for some analysis , it uses 8 GB RAM in 3 minute period, it uses 16GB in 6 minutes and so on.... 64GB ram is not a meme

Most games are old games, current and future games will start using more and more RAM, might as well spend the $50-70 to double that 8GB of RAM so you don't have to do a retarded RAM upgrade right between socket changes

My Waterfox is currently using 15GB of RAM right now. 32GB is not a meme.

Another retard that doesn't understand OS ram management.

15.6 GB

This. 32GB is comfy. Also, gaymes already get choppy if you have 8GB or less, so 16GB should be the minimum if you want to game.

>Also, gaymes already get choppy if you have 8GB or less
No, they don't.

chrome uses a retarded amount of memory. it'll hit the pagefile with like 20GB of usage and your pc will grind to a halt if you have too many tabs open or if you have other programs open alongside chrome

SNES emulators don't count.

And your pc shuts down and everythign gets deleted?

>not using NVDIMM

pleb

Lots of recent games use 6 to 8. Offhand I think of doom, watchdogs 2, most recent deus ex, New Mass effect

That's the joke, retard

Those are aesthetic as fuck. Too bad the sideways cable ruins it

8gb of single channel. ram, add a matching 8 if you need more.

32 GB.

Exactly.

No, it's not.

>>mixing RAM colours
>Enjoy your rainbowing
Perhaps buying enough RAM would be better than buying 8GB of over-priced RGB RAM?

>ddr5 next year
Huh?

>What's the point of extra unused RAM?
The kernel will (ab)use all application allocated RAM for disk cache and other things. There is no such thing as unused RAM in a system that's been on more than an hour or so. More is therefore a lot better than less.

Exactly.

Outdated.

Exactly.

32 GB is perfect. 64 would be nice for my next build because it's more than I have now. Going from 32 GB RAM to .. 32 GB RAM doesn't feel much like an upgrade.

Cool story bro, probably hot in 2002.

>it uses 8 GB RAM in 3 minute period
Are you talking about Google Chrome?

>Waterfox
Your what?

>YOU WILL NOT USE OTHER SOFTWARE THAN OURS. YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED.

I good rule of thumb is that whom is the equivalent of him.

He is going.
I'm going with him.
Who is going?
You are going with whom?

>they only use 3GB max
holy lord i wish they still only used 3GB

"32gb is too big"

Just like women don't like guys with 10inch junk

fucking gay ass tripfags, I swear

1GB=Sitting on the floor
2GB=Now you've got a stool
4GB=A decent love seat
8GB=A big comfy couch
16GB=A Lay-Z-Boy recliner with massaging features and a built in cup holder for your Big Gulp
32GB=The same recliner, only the room is now 500 square feet and you have no fucking idea what to fill it with.

124MB

For right now today: 16. For future proofing: 32. Getting rgb ram: never ever.

I bought RGB becuase it was the best RAM I could find for Ryzen.
The normal G.Skill Trident Z 3200 C14 2x8 kits weren't available in New Zealand, and there weren't any other kits that did 3200 14-14-14-34 at the time.

That is hideous... The LED trend being pushed by marketers, since they have no new modern innovations, is pathetic and forced.

Thanks for the tip, user. I always struggled with this.

>the room is now 500 square feet and you have no fucking idea what to fill it with.
>sensible chuckle

For those doing Virtual Machine work:
32GB=A bunch of rearrangeable sofas. Great if you're having a party, but useless if you have no friends.

24 Gb