Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums

I just finished high school and i want to work in the field of 3d printers, drones and automation, so:

1) what language should i learn form programming 3d printers, drones, homemade robotic arms and all these diy project with arduino/pi/and so on?
2) how much time usually take to become a junior dev with those languages? i took some courses of html, css and c++, but they were high school level
3) what else should i learn for working in this field?

Other urls found in this thread:

jhuapl.edu/techdigest/TD/td3102/31_02-Barton.pdf
e-collection.library.ethz.ch/eserv/eth:30456/eth-30456-02.pdf
cds.caltech.edu/~murray/books/MLS/pdf/mls94-complete.pdf
smpp.northwestern.edu/savedLiterature/Spong_Textbook.pdf
math.ucsd.edu/~sbuss/ResearchWeb/ikmethods/iksurvey.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what the heck is "the field of 3d printers, drones, and automation" dude. just do a mech engineering major with a computer engineering minor i don't know.

i don't have the money right now, i just wanna to learn and find a job in those fields

>3d printing
>drones
>automation
Double major in computer engineering and aerospace engineering. Why aerospace? Because in 10 - 20 years we're going to be living in the Jetson's world

so join the military for 4 years you pussy

its not that fucking hard and now your money problems solved.

now i remember why i don't post on Sup Forums.

you can't give a simple advice without shitposting

Learn all about G-code for CNC machines, learn linear algebra as much as you can and dive deep into space transformations and inverse kinematics(and of course the pre-requisites for all that, like calculus and all that shit), couple this with the study of some A.I. algorithms for path planning and you're set for 3D printing. As for drones and other dynamical systems like that, that are not screwed to the floor and strong enough for pure kinematic control, you will need to understand control systems in state space representation and how to derive the differential equations of motion for such systems and how to design the controllers for them. As for automation, learn some network infrastructure, storage and transmission of information.

if there was a simple foolproof method to break into, i don't know what exactly you're imagining, but tech startups, with no education or experience, don't you think everyone would be doing that? it's not even clear what you want to do. you want to program embedded systems? do you know the difference between an arduino and a raspberry pi? your post was useless, so it's not exactly shocking you didn't get useful responses.

Dude... I'm just out of high school. Isn't there a quicker way?

honestly you won't get hired as a programmer with no degree unless you've authored some decent software or constantly contributing on websites like github. btw if you do get a job as a software dev NEVER mention forking a repo around a lady or you'll get fired for "sexual harassment".

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded kike loving fucking tranny faggot sack of ugly nigger shit with down syndrome.

Depends on how deep you want to understand it, 3D printers are not some desktop machine like 2D printers, they are still very artistic, you need to fuck around with them a lot to the them to work properly. Drones are easy to control in the air because they use such robust control systems that any monkey can fly them, however designing non-linear control systems like the stability control for drones is not some meme-tier arduino shit, it requires a fuckton of math and physics to do. If you go the quick way, you will spend much more money on meme tier shit like makerbot's printers(overkill, they are good but too expensive when you could have a shitty cheap-o RepRap i3, like yours trully) or off the shelf drones.

110 lb 5ft 8 manlet pussy bitch

And if you want a jumpstart on all this shit, try going for a technical degree on mechatronics, or if you want a deeper level, you can take a full control systems engineering course.
A piece of advice now: do not fall for the drone/3D printing hype.Drones are big boy toys and 3D printers are just another CNC machine that will help you around some prototyping, but using them for actual industrial applications is shady, people who say all industry will shit towards 3D printing know abso-fucking-lutelly nothing about the cost-benefit of such machines.

>tech degree
Yeah. So i can pay you $5 op

Don't forget that dongles are a dirty word. That'll also get you fired.

1) C, C++ and a bit of assembly. Also learn some python or matlab/octave on the side, you will need to do some math to actually make something useful.

2) Rather that learning languages you should learn concepts first and pick up language as you go along. To a good programmer it doesn't matter what language he writes in. Once you know the concepts, it's just a matter of learning a syntax. (Unless you decide to learn new paradigm for example functional programming, then it might take longer.)

3) If you want to get serious drop arduino and raspberry. While those platforms are great for beginners or quick prototyping they are not suitable for use in industry where devices are expected to perform according to the specifications. Firstly learn how to program microcontrollers in plain C. You will learn about registers, interrupts, timers, ADC, communication protocols such as serial, I2C, SPI... Once you are comfortable with that look in to real time operating systems such as FreeRTOS. For drones and robotic arms you will need to learn linear algebra. Without vectors, matrices and transformations you won't get very far. I also recommend physics, specifically classical mechanics. Also add basics of electrical engineering, since you will be interfacing with hardware. If possible I recommend going to the university, specifically look in to computer or electrical engineering courses. You will quickly find out that programming is just a final stage of realizing a project. Important parts are in mathematics and physics.

Here are few links, just to get feel for what level of knowledge is required to work in these fields:
jhuapl.edu/techdigest/TD/td3102/31_02-Barton.pdf
e-collection.library.ethz.ch/eserv/eth:30456/eth-30456-02.pdf
cds.caltech.edu/~murray/books/MLS/pdf/mls94-complete.pdf
smpp.northwestern.edu/savedLiterature/Spong_Textbook.pdf
math.ucsd.edu/~sbuss/ResearchWeb/ikmethods/iksurvey.pdf

i really appreciate your answer. thanks

Lol uh huh

>degree in mechatronics
Stop giving out shit advice

Pussy.

>Get killed and rape yourself, you retarded goy loving fucking cis faggot sack of beautiful aryan piss on spectrum.

Let me guess you're a butthurt poorfag who couldn't afford to go to college and was too big of a cunt to join the military so you spend your days shitposting on Sup Forums

not even him,

>3d printers, drones and automation
these are all memes and buzzwords

>i want to work in the field of 3d printers, drones and automation
I don't know what the field of "3d printers, drones, and automation" entails. Use your favorite Internet search engine and find job listings that match what it is you are looking for. Those job listings will give you some idea what the requirements are. Again, you didn't list any job fields in your OP, you listed very general cool sounding things.

Once you have a good idea of possible jobs you want (you don't have to know exactly, just knowing actual fields of work will do) then you will want to enroll in a college or university. Are there self taught people out there who get kickass jobs without a degree? Of course. You aren't one of those people. I know because you are asking for help on an anime imageboard. That doesn't mean you are stupid, it just means you don't have the proper set of "self-starter" tools. Having some structure and competition will help you...like it helps most people.

Invest in your future, get a degree either from a Community college or 4 year uni. Don't have the money? Then get a job (another job) and/or get loans. Combine your studies at school with self study. This is the best path forward for you.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying self study is worthless. And I'm not saying getting a degree is a magical panacea. Having both will maximize your chances at getting an interesting career.

Also stop taking career suggestions from Sup Forums :^)

Aerospace in college/grad school is largely based around fluid dynamics and is thus largely a meme. There's some turbomechanics but by far and large it is 2-3 years of very abstract material on fluid flow and heat transfer, though it will be significantly more applicable than statistical mechanics out of the gate.

I agree with it sounds like you want to do dynamics systems and control systems. Linear algebra is literally the most important asset in both fields as they are used to solve for real time impulse for maintaining stability using differential equations. It is also important for performing signal transformations (e.g. DFT) neded in certain sensor applications. Path finding and graph theory are also important. However, I'd like to add that most of these systems are real time, so it's not ideal to write in higher level languages that aren't specifically geared towards embedded design, such as embedded C, and use real time operating systems or controllers.

t. former westinghouse employee

nice one doffy