Macfags, would you consider it tacky to buy 3rd party apple alternatives to match decor?

Macfags, would you consider it tacky to buy 3rd party apple alternatives to match decor?

Other urls found in this thread:

pckeyboard.com/page/product/UW4ZP4A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Macfag here, Apple keyboards suck and so do 3rd party copies of their products.
If you want a decent low price keyboard with Apple layout get the Cherry Initial.
If you wanna go for Apple Aesthetics buy a mechanical keyboard that looks like it. Nothing inbetween looks like a good compromise desu.

I wish there were mechanical keyboards with Mac layouts.

Stop buying cancerous overpriced shit.

You can just buy a set of key caps with Apple layout and apply them to any mechanical keyboard you want.

Literally

I wanted something slim and lightweight and wireless for my iPad Pro for school. So I unfortunately can't get a big keyboard like that.

I'd like to use it as a desktop kb too

Keycaps are not the same as layout.

I don't believe that a 15 quid keyboard is actually mechanical.

HHKB blank

Are you kidding me? That's not a Mac layout.

To all the layout spergs, just download Karabiner to unfuck it.

>Buying a Cherry keyboard.

What are you, a German civil servant?

Can't unfuck key counts.

>inplying

Here you go
pckeyboard.com/page/product/UW4ZP4A

Thank me later.

Well in that case you already answered your own question, get a cheap one or a original used one from ebay. Just don't get the Logitech keyboard, it's ugly as fuck.

Mac compatible ≠ Mac layout

>slim and lightweight and wireless for my iPad Pro for school.

If only they made computing devices with keyboards already attached, huh?.....

>Mac compatible
implying an usb keyboard can be mac incompatible

My bad, but there are apple style keycaps for existing mechanical keyboards.

They can't. That's the point.

All you're showing that the keyboard just works with a Mac. It doesn't have a Mac layout. It's not even close. There aren't even fucking function keys.

I wouldn't consider Logitech as 'tacky 3rd party shit'. That's more Madcatz's domain.

It doesn't have any layouts - that's the point. And by having no layouts it simultaneously has every possible layout.

I don't give a shit about keycaps though. I don't look at my keycaps. I more care about the actual keys and where they are. I don't want a function key mixed in with the modifier keys next to the spacebar, which is how most mechanical keyboards seem to do it. I want my extra function keys.

The only mechanical keyboard that I know of that has a proper Mac layout is the Matias Quiet Pro. And it looks ugly as sin and has some weird mechanism.

There's nothing mactards would consider tacky.

I have a black desk so I'm not sure if I should get the apple keyboard. Would stand out like a sore thumb.

I tried to help you but now you need to leave

When the MBP gets a touch screen and Apple Pencil support, I'll get an MBP.

I go to school full time and the iPad Pro has become essential at this point for note taking and keeping organized among other computing needs.
Im premed, not a CS major so I don't need a laptop. Need something I can draw on, annotate PDF use as a folder, search notes, etc.

Sue me, I'm a fan of aesthetics.

I like this setup but it uses pure Logitech peripherals and note apple. Except my desk setup is all black with grey accents

Get a fully programmable keyboard, visit /mkg/ sometime. There are loads of options out there.

What's a fully programmable keyboard with the same keyboard layout as the Apple keyboards?

Search for split spacebar layouts, those come closest.

You will look like a lowlife poser who ran short of money to go through with it.

Not even close.

Are you retarded?

Are you?

Function key in the wrong place.
Four modifier keys on the right side of the spacebar.
Eject key in the wrong place.
Function keys only go up to 13.

That's not a Mac layout. That's their PC layout with Mac keycaps.

Surface pro my boy. Microsoft is your savior from the anal pain that is apple

Nope, considering buying this beuty.