Gnome masterrace

Can you do it in Unity? I don't think so.

Unityfags BTFO.

Windows 7 can do that too.

All the more reason for Unityfags to kill themselves

/Filepicker
/Rekt
/Thread

>not using i3

Nobody cares about these fucking things. Try scaling Gnome by 1.5 instead of an integer value. It doesn't work. Gnome can't do it, neither can Cinnamon or all other shitty DE's except Unity.

Have 4K 24" screen, on Gnome I have to either squint or have everything retardedly big because they can't do HiDPI scaling. Unity on the other hand can do it.

yeah but then you have to use Windows. Fuck that

Pic related but it's not my screen. Am on laptop at the moment.

>not using budgiewm

That's not Gnome's fault. GTK can't scale by floating point. I don't know how Unity does it.

GTK is the underlying software for all the popular DE's out there. If they can't fix this, I don't see a future for the Linux desktop. And I truly believe that they can't fix it, because whenever I mention scaling in forums or mailing lists people point out that it's GTK that can't handle it and that it's possibly never going to be fixed.

After Unity is gone, people will be forced to use KDE. They can handle scaling but everything else is a fucking mess.

Most folks don't have high resolution. I imagine it will come as the need arises.

Wow, using a feature from an 8 year old OS that's impressive

What's next, will you be able to snap windows to corners?

Unity was already eternally BTFO by Canonical themselves, choose a better target.

>I don't see a future for the Linux desktop

Of course you can't, because the idea is ridiculous.

>use outdated shit because we don't want to support cutting edge technology

The Linux way.

I'm waiting for Apple to finally kill their shitty laptop series and sell their OS separately for non-Apple hardware.

KDE does it perfectly fine.

Since unity is open sourced the code for scaling is fucking literally written there. All you have to do is read it, find the scaling part, understand it, and then port to gnome.

What benefit does new hardware serve those who don't profit from the sale of it?

>It can have the feature all you have to do is port the entire feature

>I'm waiting for Apple to finally kill their shitty laptop series and sell their OS separately for non-Apple hardware.
Don't hold your breath.
For a start the laptop industry would then have nothing to copy, badly.

Unity has always been open source

Gnome 3 is a turd

The only attractive desktop that is not Gnome 3 or one of its GTK cousin like Budgie is Aqua. Now, to be fair, Plasma 5 is a fairly decent attempt to make KDE look modern but as the old saying goes, you can't put lipstick on a pig. Now KDE looks even more like Windows...

>shows a feature KDE got 4 years before GNOME
>compiz had this 10 years ago
>"master race"

>Most folks don't have high resolution. I imagine it will come as the need arises.
I absolutely need this. My laptop has a 1080p 15.6" display. I've set the PPI correctly to 140 in XFCE to get it to make xrandr scale everything correctly. I don't know why you girls have problems doing this though, it's worked just fine for systems with one monitor since forever.

A problem however is that both X and therefore desktop environments just let you set one value here. On my desktop that's got 24" 1080p 27" 1440p 27" 1080p until I replace the other two with 1440p things because awkward.

>Have 4K 24" screen, on Gnome I have to either squint or have everything retardedly big because they can't do HiDPI scaling.
The xserver can do this for you regardless of what desktop environment you're abusing. Not sure why you insist on 1.5 exactly but you can figure how what PPI your monitor is and tell xrandr to scale accordingly. If you can't change this in your desktop environments settings then you can actually use a xorg.d/configfile to do it.

Problem with dash to panel is, it hides the global menu. Still love GNOME though