Need to Look Good DGAF

So I've got a scholarship to a prestigious university and want to have a laptop that looks good. I don't give a fuck about specs, I don't give a fuck about processing power. I don't care about any of that shit. I would gladly buy a VAOI shitbox or whatever they are if it was 2004 again just because it 'looked' good.

Which laptop looks good? Which will get me envy peen or something? I don't care if spergs judge me--I need to impress rich people. I was going to buy an Macbook pro or macbook or air or whatever the fuck is the difference really. Thing is, are they still 'cool'? Will people still respect me if I own one?

You have a very skewed perception of people. They won't respect you a tiniest bit more because of an expensive laptop.

In fact, I'm pretty sure there are cartoons made for little girls that explain exactly this. How can you possibly be so immature.

So here's a very brief explanation:

- Richfags can easily tell between a richfag and pretend richfag, you can't fool them.
- Richfags care a lot less about how much money you have than poorfags do.
- If there is a richfag that would genuinely respect you less because you are poor, there's no way in hell you will impress them enough no matter what you do. They are pieces of work, simply avoid.

I'm not going to be pretending to be rich. I'm not buying levis jeans and shit here. I'm just gunning for a few pricey items that don't make me look like a real poor cunt. Yes it's superficial, yes it's not going to cut it into making me look like I have a lamborghini and a house in the Hamptons, but a little bit of image does matter.

>i want to pretend i'm rich to normalfags
>better ask the technology board that uses Thinkpads from 2009 with GNU/Linux and doesn't go outside
great idea

try asking the normalfags at Sup Forums or something

Thing is, you all know what trendy normalfags are into.

Basically this. Tbqhwy if you have can use the computer you have and it matches the demands of what you need in terms of processing power you're fine. If you're going to a prestigious university you have to be a special sort of person, you're going there to learn and spend time with other people as capable as you. If you're a dumb cunt then other people will notice it quickly. Good schools actually have the smart rich kids in them, the stupid ones are elsewhere.

If you have no merit then a macbook won't change that in the slightest.

Though a nice computer is a necessity if you're going to be spending a lot of time using it, especially if you're going to have the same one for a few years.

Just get any ultrabook if you can afford it, you won't regret a good computer.

>impress rich people

Thanks for your advice. Partially I'm asking too, because for the past five years I've been running Ubuntu on several eggcartons that have just fallen apart after several months, so that you say I should buy something built-to-last validates me.

Just buy a mac and that's it.

This.

Having family connections to millionaire government officials and business owners, literally none of them care that our family is "middle class" and regularly wine and dine at our house. My parents will likely retire with just a above average retirement from working menial office jobs, but when serious shit goes down, they're the first ones those millionaires call for help because they've proven themselves reliable trustworthy dependable friends.

just put some anime stickers on your laptop

that never fails to impress

>wealthy
>dumb inbred fuck who went bankrupt 6 times with a no-brainer business he got from his daddy and now is pumped up by the russian oil money

Try again, nigger.

For the record, one of the wealthiest business owners in this group refuses to throw away any of his PCs until they're literally on the verge of dying, and uses a $60 Windows phone.

The only way you're going to ever impress him with anything is proving your worth to him, not with your fucking toys, but with your skills.

>pluck pluck pluck
>ignoring that all this shit is image, luck and fucking the right people

I've been around rich people before. My dad broke his back for them as a carpenter. They don't give one shit about you other than as some antibourgeois accessory they can show off to their friends. They expect nothing of you, they do not see you, they do not even care about what you do. All that matters is image and vanity, and it's been that way since Solomon's massy table and its thousand pearls.

MacBook Pro (you can get a 2015 model for a huge discount if money is a concern, and you lose little to no performance). Don't buy a regular 'MacBook'. They have great appearance but performance is very weak for the price.

XPS 13 if you want an ultra portable windows machine

XPS 15 if you want a strong windows machine that can do some gaming

Razer Blade Stealth is another good ultraportable

You got a scholarship and you're talking like you remember 2004

Wouldn't you have been like five years old?

>carpenter.
No one respects manual laborers, ever.

You are a huge fucking faggot, but to answer your question....HP spectre

>Thing is, are they still 'cool'? Will people still respect me if I own one?

Since 90% of college kids have the same nobody will notice.

/thread

postgraduate scholarship

I saw my dad treated like a pet. I know this too well.

Levi jeans are for the rich?

oh boy op

Well they're sure too fucking expensive for me to afford.

Thank you. I like sucking dicks.

>regularly wine and dine at our house.

But do they ever invite your dad over to one of their parties?

You need like 2-3 pairs of jeans.

Instead of wasting money on a mac book, get 2 decent pairs of jeans and a dell xps 13.

Yes, as a matter of fact they do. They have a $3M waterfront summer house that we often go to for barbecues, and take rides around the bay in his speed boat.

OP here. They do invite you to parties. And they trick you to pay for a round of expensive drinks---in the bar they own--because they're absolute fucking cunts.

Wowohwow. Did they ship you around from fourth grade too?

The fuck

Not him but buying "designer" jeans is dumb.

Jeans cost between $6 and $15 to make, depending on washings.

Spending anything more than $60 (4-10 times the manufacturing cost) is stupid, not even Apple charges such margins.

Then he's respected.

Look I don't like trump, but this is wrong on so many levels.

I don't know what the fuck that's suppose to mean, but I went to public schools.

Buy a Xiaomi Air Laptop and a Mi Mix. They will be the same price combined as a lot mentioned in this thread, and you will be the only one with them. They both look the bollocks.

Thanks, will look into it.

Just get one of the newer thinkpads (T440+) and call it a day. Buy one used on eBay with a warranty if you're poor. Worked for me.

Designer jeans are shit but raw denim is not.

This
I bought a t460s used on ebay for 600 dollars at the start of the scoolyear and about 2 months ago i got a few dead pixels on the screen. They Sent a guy Out the NEXT DAY to replace the screen for free.

>prestigious university
>don't dare to mention what uni it is
Perhaps it's not prestigious after all.

The picture is too accurate KEK

Is there any modern laptop that can be called
A E S T H E T I C ?
Pro tip: fagbooks are not