"HEY GUYS, YOU KNOW THAT DEVICE THAT EVERYBODY CONSTANTLY HAS ON THEM AT ALL TIMES DURING THE DAY...

>"HEY GUYS, YOU KNOW THAT DEVICE THAT EVERYBODY CONSTANTLY HAS ON THEM AT ALL TIMES DURING THE DAY? THE ONE THAT GOES EVERYWHERE WITH THEM AND IS THE MOST IMPORTANT DEVICE IN THEIR LIFE?"
>"The cellphone?"
>"YEAH MAN"
>"Alright, what about it?"
>"DUDE LET'S MAKE IT OUT OF GLASS"
>"Yeah, alright"

I FUCKING HATE THIS MEME. Why make a device that is on your person 24/7 out of one of the most brittle substances known to man? What was the fucking point of this?

You're not supposed to drop it.

>Let's make it super slick out of material that gets smudged to oblivion with rounded corners so you can't grip it very well.

no one is holding you out from buying this??

>there will NEVER be another OnePlus One

Feelsbadman.

>had iphone 4 made out of glass, no meme-protector on
>dropped it bare times
>didn't break
>had one m8 made out of metal designed like a tank
>dropped it bare times
>nothing happened
>have samsung tablet made out of plastic
>dropped it bare times
>nothing happened
>have honor 8 made out of glass and is rounded everywhere
>dropped it bare times
>nothing happened

You guys must be dropping your phones wrong.

You're actually supposed to use a good bumper.

Manlets don't have broken phones :^)

it's either brittle or malleable. do you want your display to be scratched easily?

Huawei (and Honor) are doing a great job though. I've pretty much set on them after using the Honor 8 since it got released. Perhaps I would pick a Nokia though. They seem pretty good.

Don't have to work for a living = don't have to ever let your iPhone out of your hand.

>Why make a device that is on your person 24/7 out of one of the most brittle substances known to man? What was the fucking point of this?

a 30 second intro to material science would have told you that its not only one of the most brittle substances, its also one of the hardest substances. which gives a person the impression that they did it for scratch resistance and clarity

I've been using the same glass phone since the iphone 5 came out and it still looks brand fucking new. I use a glass protector on top of the glass screen and i've gone through a few of them so far, where the protector shatters and the phone screen is undamaged.

God tier steel chassis
Sup Forums gets a lot of things wrong but not hardware nostalgia

another benefit of the glass screens is chemical resistance. Its not one they advertise but I've damaged several plasticy phone screens through exposure to corrosive chemicals. And since I got a glass covered phone it just cleans off without eating away any of the phone.

Where do you get your glass protector from fampai?

I keep buying them from chinkshit stores like aliexpress or gearbest. I wonder though, If I bought a better quality protector, maybe they wouldn't break at all and I'd never need to swap them out.
I can say that the protectors are much nicer when they break then when an actual phone screen breaks. bits of the phone screen fall out, but the protector has some kind of film on it that keeps it all together, so well you can still peel off a shattered protector in one piece. that safety film is both super durable and fucking invisible m8, I had no idea it was on there until my shit broke.

Are you all retarded?

You need glass for capacitive multi-touch functionality. What the iPhone made in its first rendition and what is used everywhere now.

Plastic touch displays existed in Palm pilots and pocket PCs a while ago, that's why you needed a stylus: you could only touch at one place at a time. It was pressure based.

Glass based allowed for pinch to zoom and multi finger gesturing, as well as not having to press super hard on the screen.

Is this board actually for tech purposes or is it literally just filled with manchildren

manlet over 190 cm

>implying there aren't hundreds of capacitive materials out there that would have been just as capable a display material for capacitive touch gestures.

>Have an iPhone SE.
>dropped it both with and without the case
>worst damage is scratches from where the case covers the back of the phone
>have an ipad with no cover
>have hard wood floors
>no damage except for scratches on the back
You retards probably throw your phones on the ground when you get angry at the minecraft zombie killing you.

Show me one that's clear faggot. Yes materials like your TouchPad on your laptop work.

No clear polymers can do that. Or else they would have.

you don't have to be so rude just because you think you're right

what do you think all those plastic screen protectors are? some kind of ultra flexible conductive glass? pcap still works through them, and they're obviously not glass, to suggest otherwise is kind of ignorant imho.

the switch has capacitive touch and a plastic screen

> thinking glass has a technical advantage instead of just aesthetics

explain why apple jews put glass all over the back then, there aint a touch screen on the back btw

Did you just blindly reply to everyone ITT to get some attention?
> CuckCuckGo
Nevermind, all clear now.

Feels much nicer than plastic and is used regularly so that's a great plus. Also this

I've had multiple tablets with multitouch plastic displays.

Plastic is too easy to scratch and normalfags are stupid.

>he thinks capactive vs resistive is a matter of glass vs plastic

Holy shit I actually laughed out loud

Hey buy a Windows phone it's made of plastic so when you drop it the outer shell absorb the force and then uses the force to pop the shell off neutralising damage

Apple is fucking dumb engineering

Even better idea: buy a phone that's worth more than its weight in shit and just don't fucking drop it.

It's $30 for a low end one

Don't get mad because you are a fumbletard OP

Okay? What I'm saying is Windows phones are ass. Just get a real smartphone and don't drop it.

>glass
>brittle
try not throwing your phone at the pavement you chimp, and while you're at it, make a new material with the same properties which is also cheap and indestructible

>try not throwing your phone at the pavement you chimp
Accidents happen you utter tool.

chimp detected

lol chimp chimp chimp lololol

Jesus dude, there's literally no arguing with idiots is there? All the best

Why not get a good phone that you can drop?

That's an interdasting way to say Xiaomi.

>Why make a device that is on your person 24/7 out of one of the most brittle substances known to man? What was the fucking point of this?

Then buy one that isn't a shitty iPhone. Mine is made out of ballistic nylon and break-proof/scratch-proof glass. I've literally *thrown* it on the floor and it doesn't have a dent on it.

Because I'd rather have a phone that feels nice to hold and simply not drop it.

what are you, too retarded to hold your phone? If anything glass allows for better signal reception

this post couldn't be more ironic, even if it were made of iron

>bare times

Britbonger speak for many.