Tfw still using my 13" rMBP from late 2012 and it's still running silky smooth...

>tfw still using my 13" rMBP from late 2012 and it's still running silky smooth. Can you say that about ANY Windows based laptops that are over 5 years old? I think not!

i think these autists use decade old thinkmemes; you cant compete.

lol, this.

/thread

Actually my thinkmeme is only 9 years old.

That's a load of shit.

I have one of those with an i5 and 4gb of ram and it fucking chugs.

Open ten chrome tabs and be forced to force-reboot.

Just thread cancer imo

Might even be beating you at your own game on your own OS.
Sounds like bad RAM. I had that issue when i have 8gb but it stopped after removing a DIMM.

>No right click

2 finger tap

>Sounds like bad RAM

Non retina models are somewhat user serviceable.

I bought a 13" 2016 MacBook Pro with the touchbar yesterday and realized I had made a huge fucking mistake. I also bought an iPhone 7 Plus and realized the same fucking thing. I was trying something new because I wanted to see how the "normal people tech" compared to my Autistic nerd hardware. My point being Apple products are shit for people who actually like and understand technology. Mac OS feels like absolute dog shit compared to Linux or Windows and the shit tier hardware you get for the money on the MacBook is just plain sad. Also, the stupid piece of shit lags like crazy when doing all those pretty little touchpad gymnastics and you're fucked if anything breaks on it. I cringe when I think that I almost abandoned my high end home built desktop, nice new Thinkpad T460 and my Google Pixel for these shitty products which are made for tech illiterate retards. Just my 2 cents. luckily I realized my mistake and I'm able to return this shit tomorrow. Oh and fuck Applel shit and the people who shill it on here, you retards are the worst

>tfw I own a fully loaded T460p

Mmmmmmyessssssss

My X60 still runs great after a decade, get fucked macboi.

>itt: things that never happened

>"oh noes the ssd died"
>return it to the applel store the next day and get another macbook for free

Oh.....you want proof faggot? Okay okay here's your proof.

Anyone who knows anything about how technology is supposed to be used and built knows Applel shit is a fucking joke. Sadly, this is the third time in my life that I've tried to drink the Applel cult Koolaid but luckily I'm barfing it back up and I'm never giving the Applel cult another chance....fuck them

Now fuck off Nigger faggot

Macbabbies think this actually happens. Lol fuck off.

Oh and have fun only getting maybe 4 years out of your machine before Applel cuts support even though your machine is perfectly capable of running the latest OS.......faggot

i know this is a bait thread, but my t420 is from 2012 and is my daily driver for work and mild vidya (world of tanks/kerbal)

just shut up man

MACTODDLERS

ETERNALY

BLOWN

THE

FUCK

OUT

>"maybe 4 years out of your machine"
>6yo 2011 MBP
>still runs great
>apple still supports it

>Can you say that about ANY Windows based laptops that are over 5 years old?

Yes.

My mothers Dell Studio 1535.

1) It still let's her browse the news and check the weather and read her e-mail.
2) It looks brand new. As in.. like out of the box new. She does wash her hands before using it, she doesn't let anyone touch it without washing their hands, she doesn't move it from the desk where it's been sitting since she got it and she doesn't eat or drink or anything around it.

I don't think Dell Studio 1535 is amazingly solid or anything like that though it does seem to have nice build quality. I think a lot of windows machines would have lasted her this long.

>6 years old machine

>Applel still supports it

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You know we can look this shit up don't you?

Seriously faggot You're not fooling anyone KEK

Quite.

The sad thing is I spent a little over 1700 dollary doos on this piece of shit. AND THAT WAS WITH A FUCKING 200 DOLLARY DOO DISCOUNT THROUGH BEST BUY.

Just let that sink in for a bit. A fucking machine with a light up fisher price childrens play thing toy touch bar and an i5, 8 gigs of RAM and a 256 GB SSD

1700 Fucking dollars for THAT!?

Literally fuck off Applel

They'll still service it.

I have a 2008 Mac Pro, 2x quad core Nehalems and 18gb of RAM. Not supported, but Sierria is doing great on it.

That said Apple products are still fucking trash, and this hardware is going to be a KVM host in a few weeks.

>>return it to the applel store the next day and get another macbook for free
>Macbabbies think this actually happens. Lol fuck off.

Apple provides what they call a "limited" 1 year warranty. And they try to stick to this in countries where they can't.

As an example, Norway has very strong consumer protection laws. You're entitled to a free repair or your money back a whole 5 years in the case of laptops if it's caused by manufacturing faults (which is common to Apple products). If you try to get a Apple product fixed then you have to cite the law and ask for their name and the name of the store manager to get them to fix things like they are by law required to do.

Most decent windows laptops from 5 years ago are fine, and will still be fine for years. My $1000 Asus laptop from 2010 is still doing just fine, probably won't replace it for at least a couple more years (and that's only because I play games sometimes, not because it won't be able to do normal computing tasks). Macfags need to stop comparing their $2000 laptop to the $300 windows one they used to have.

Yeah by helping themselves to your wallet and throwing the original machine out to the dump and making you buy a new one. But seriously, even if their customer suport was the best in the biz (which it fucking isn't btw) the huge number of compromises you have (compatibility, shitty overpriced hardware, etc.) to make isn't worth it.

No wonder there are 4x as many machines running Windows 10 alone than the entire fucking Mac market share right now (400 million vs 100 million FYI) you have to be literally retarded to buy into Applel shit

My bootcamp partition literally plays videos smoother than my macOS partition.

At least theres Louis Rossman I guess.

>There exists people on Sup Forums who are THIS FUCKING RETARDED

I have a mid '10 MBP that was fucked from some MB design problem. Causes Mac OS to hard crash and restart every couple minutes. It's a complete piece of shit and I had to put Linux on it to actually use it.

Also the battery ballooned and needed to re replaced and the DVD drive stopped functioning. Waste of money.

Not on a thinkmeme, but i still use a then 400€ Acer. I did however upgrade my ram and swapped in a SSD.

It's from 2009, forgott to mention that.

>Yeah by helping themselves to your wallet and throwing the original machine out to the dump and making you buy a new one.
No, they'll actually service it.

How am I retarded? I bought this piece of shit and almost immediately realized my mistake. I can't fucking wait to to got return this turd after class tomorrow and get my hard earned shekels back in my pocket.

A fool and his money are soon parted. How are you not retarded?

>tfw bought 14 inch MSI gaymer laptop with i7-7700HQ, GTX 1060, 16GB RAM, 256gb ssd+1tb HDD for 1500

No, they fucking won't. Stop spreading this shitty meme that they just fucking hand out a brand new machine just because "Le Applel tee hee" I had an iPad fail on me and the only reason they did anything is because I was under warranty. Oh, and the replacement they gave me crapped out only about a month after I got it.....I also had to wait for 2 fucking weeks for them to give me a replacement iPad. So after that one failed on me, I took the piece of shit out in the woods and shot it with my AR.

APPLEL A SHIT

End of story

>this will still overheat less than a macbook

Oh okay I thought you were saying I was a retard because I was returning it....my bad user.

But yeah you're absolutely right. I let the "Apple lifestyle" and their marketing bullshit get to me. I'm just happy I woke up before it was too late.

I just got my 2011 macbook serviced and they didn't replace it, just the broken part.

Mmmm that sounds like a sexy machine user.

>want to develop iOS apps with react native
>buy a second hand 2012 MBP from some chinese guy on gumtree for $500
>8 GB ram and 2.9 i7
>expect trash
>it runs xcode, iOS simulation, android studio, lollipop 6.0.0 sim, chrome and slack on sierra without skipping a beat

Its true, macs truly do age the best.

>14 inch
>1060
>1500

Waiting on black friday to try and get one of these for under a grand. Even a 1050 would be amazing.

holy SHIT this is good. Macbabies kys

I'm using 6yo Tp that manufactured at 2011 with wincuck

post a real picture of your shit so we can see those scratches and dents
protip: you wont.

fpbp

I have a ThinkPad T400 from 2008 that has been running Debian for years. I haven't replaced any parts except for the keyboard and trackpad because they got shiny and the mouse buttons got pushed in. The parts cost $30 and took about 5 minutes to install and I only had to take out 5 screws. The machine is perfectly usable for light web browsing, spreadsheets, and documents. It's even powerful enough to run games like the first two Star Wars Battlefronts. I even hackintoshed it for fun once and got OS X 10.6 running.

Meanwhile my MacBook Pro from 2011 turned into a slow as fuck piece of garbage after the Yosemite update. It only went downhill until I upgraded the RAM from 4 to 10GB. It was still too slow so I bought an SSD. Then I had to replace the keyboard on that too. All of those parts cost nearly $200 and I spent almost an hour getting the main board out of it, which is extremely difficult to do because there are cables on the part under the keyboard that you have to get with long tweezers. Now the metal casing is bending from normal use. I hate this laptop. I would sell it but I wouldn't get a fraction of what I paid for it and I don't want to migrate my 350GBs of data. It also runs twice as hot as the ThinkPad and sounds like a helicopter taking off when I watch a movie. The only good parts are the glass trackpad and the battery life which is nearly 7 hours. I would've switched to Debian on it but it uses a custom EFI that forces a down's syndrome tier hybrid MBR on all non-OS X partitions that makes them unstable to the point of unusability. It also refuses to boot from Windows 7, 8, or 10 flash drives. Doesn't matter if they use MBR or GUID, FAT32 or NTFS, or whether I make them in Bootcamp or Rufus or using dd. The EFI recognizes it as bootable media but won't fucking boot it.

God I hate Macs. 0/10, would not recommend or purchase again.

>shot it with my AR
KEEEEEEEK

This man right here knows his shit

That's actually impressive. Every laptop or monitor that anyone in my family uses is completely covered in solidified droplets of... water? Saliva? I don't know what is it, but it's crusted on and it's gross.

Yes I can. My t420 and x1 hybrid are still going strong.

>posting on a dell from 2003
suck my nuts OP, windows XP will never die.

>Four year old device
>Still silky smooth

Wow, impressive

Got you all beat. Come at me bros.

It is a bit slow but it works. It was my primary computer until very recently

Same here, rocking an x61s

>macshit

My w510 is over 7 years old and still works great

still using a 2009 MBP on 10.6 here

my old sub $500 asus u36sd from 2011 is still silky smooth

You probably did something illegal with it. I got an iPhone for Christmas, tried to jailbake and Apple logo didn't show anymore. Got it back, told what I did and they luckily sold me an different one.

I've an Asus K95VM behemoth from 2012 that's as good as new; the only thing replaced thus far has been the fan (€23)
I've yet to come across a task it can't handle, specs: i7-3610QM, 14GB RAM, geforce 620M+integrated graphics, 18,4" FHD display and 1,75TB storage (1TB 3,5" and 750GB 2,5" HDDs)
cost me € 700 when I bought it used in 2013

>X220
>120GB mSATA for OS + 150GB HDD for files
>8GB RAM
>i5 @ 2,5GHz
>Windows 10 Pro
>fast as hell
>if Windows will start to fail to be fast, i still can use Linux distros for the next 15 years

I'm fine with either Memebooks or Memepads, other laptops simply don't matter.

>tfw still using my 15" MBP from Mid 2010 and it's running perfectly fine.
Just put in an SSD, ordered a new battery and a Hard-drive slot to replace the optical drive with the old HDD for additional storage.

this is the best laptop around

www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Latitude-13-7350-Convertible-Review.134079.0.html

13" 1080p ips
Detachable tablet
Pen active digitizer
Backlit keyboard
8 hour battery life
1300 passmark score on a 4.5w tdp fanless cooled cpu

And it's only $250 for one off eBay.

Confirmed, OP has babby device.