/spg/ Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Moto G5 Plus - The BEST Phone Under $200
[YouTube] Moto G5 Plus - The BEST Phone Under $200 (embed)

Samsung Galaxy S8 vs Google Pixel XL - Speed Test!
[YouTube] Samsung Galaxy S8 vs Google Pixel XL - Speed Test! (4K) (embed)

LG G6 review: participation award
theverge.com/2017/4/5/15188830/lg-g6-2017-review-phone-specs

Moto G5 Plus Is Only 7% Slower Than Google Pixel XL In Speed Test Comparison
[YouTube] Google Pixel vs Moto G5 Plus Speed test and Multitasking Comparison (embed)

Huawei P10 review: two steps back
theverge.com/2017/4/3/15159078/huawei-p10-review-price-specs

Nokia 6 review: Back in black
gsmarena.com/nokia_6-review-1597.php

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Prime-Exclusive-Phones/b?ie=UTF8&node=14613304011
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

LG V20 Master Race reporting in

ASUS Zenfone 3 is great

A dumb made a thread asking for a tablet to watch/read manga/comics. Is there any at the price range of 150~250 that would be good/ok to draw on too? I tried that weird samsung pen and it's ok for what it does. I'd use it as an aditional monitor sometimes and then draw on it or maybe with any good app.

is a used lg g5 for $190 a good deal?
Still using a lg g2 but looking to upgrade

Hey guys, I just lost my job, which means I had to give back my real phone (iPhone 7) and am about to join you morlocks and poors and NEETs.

Having a good camera is unimportant to me because as an Android user I assume I won't have as many friends and won't get invited to social functions.

The only thing that matters to me is battery life (because I may have to stop paying my utility bill soon, or only be able to charge it at McDonald's, and so forth) -- also the ability to root it is important, because I'll have a lot of free time to waste on customizing my app drawer while I avoid the reality of my situation.

So, what cheap Android phone should I get?

I'm a pleb and don't feel like doing research, who has the best deal on the s8? samsclub?

can you guys help me?
I need a futureproof (no lag in 2-4 yrs) phone that is somewhat compact. I wanted to get a memephone SE first, but I hate branding, especially that ugly apple logo and I am unsure whether it is botnet or not and if jailbreaking it would be a good idea.

I don't really need a compact phone, my s4 is alright, but all new phones seem to be tablet size. I just want "normal" sized phone with timeless design that doesn't spy on me. I also don't care about games or anything like that, just lag free shit posting.
Will probably still get a SE but want to know what options I got.

Had the Zenfone 5 and using the 2a atm.
The 2 has a screen issue where the lower half of the screen doesn't show anything properly, and the screen also flickers. I'll be jumping of the Asus phone train now.

I'll probably be getting the V20 next.
Have any proper roots come out yet?

Just a reminder that the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge is still masterrace. There is absolutely no need to upgrade to the S8 unless you really need that miniscule speed boost.

>I'm poor and can't afford an s8 so it's bad

Iphone 6, Iphone SE, Galaxy 6/7, HTC m8, Nexus 6/6p

which one

Any cheap dumbphone for less than 50 usd (can be used) that can be rooted, 720p display and maybe micro sd slot?

Dirty Santa method is out for all variants. I'm on Verizon variant right now and it's most dope senpai.

jesus christ did you live paycheck to paycheck?

Get a flip phone, pre-paid, until you get a job. Try saving money, so that when this happens in the future, you're not fucked over.

No
Yes
No/Yes
No
No

recommendations in the US on Verizon looking to spend no more then $250. Id like LTE, at least 720p, the ability to be rooted easly as well as install custom roms n kernels

Trying to decide between the Galaxy 551/i5510 and Nokia E75, although i'm leaning more towards the E75 simply because of symbian and the keypad.

looking at the Xperia XA

Is this some kind of low-key bait? gtfo

Tablets are dick, but at the end of the day, they're all pretty much the same.

it's okay not great. 190 can get you the moto g5 if you have amazon prime

sony xperia x compact isn't too bad, but the se is fine if you just put a case on it, or a skin

Galaxy 7 > iPhone SE > other ones
pretty much what said

dumbphones are usually meant to mean feature phones. As far as cheap smartphones, consider the BLU r1 HD

moto g5 plus
>inb4 moto g5 shill
what can I say, the specs are fucking awesome and Flossy is the best tech reviewer

2g bands are dying, is it worth?

Moto G4 plus or wait for development to start on the new G5 plus, probably won't be long.

Should I get the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 with S-pen for notes, pdf textbook and comic reading?

Redmi Nore 4X getting 4GB and SD653? worth the wait?

not bad, not too expensive, and if that fits your needs then do it

MetroPCS (my provider) has no plans of killing off 2G
plus both are 3G

Hi,

I m currently in china and i want to buy a smartphone for 200$ max
Do you know what should i take ?

What ROM do I put on my OnePlus One now that Cyanogen OS is kill?

I've been using the stock Cyanogen ROM since I purchased it.

Looking for good camera good, battery life, less than 5.2'', B4(1700/2100)AWS band and 150-250 USD. Does someone knows of a cellphone that match?

Today ordered an LG G6 for $350 that comes with a free Google Home.

Good deal?

Fuck yes that's a good deal

I fully believe The Verge is the worst place to get a review from. They seem heavily biased at times and review things like children. When 9/10 reviews say something is great you then have The Verge saying it is just okay. I never trust their reviews on anything.

Thank you. I thought so. Just making sure. I know the S8 is about to get in peoples hands but I have had a Note 4 for around 3 years. It runs like shit now. The Samsungs I had before that didn't last me very long either. I have lost all faith in Samsung. I wanted to try something different and almost ordered the Honor 8 when I stumbled upon this deal. I trust LG still.

I want an unlocked device which supports all carriers. CDMA + GSM. Not getting a phone which supports just one half of them.

Not sure what phone to get.
Budget is like $200, $350 max.

Been looking at the Moto G4, thought it looked good, then I found out the G5 is out.

Is the G4 still worth getting?
What about the G4+ with 64GB and 4GB RAM for $300?

>BB Passport SE in nearly perfect condition for $210
>'price is so low because I don't care about money'
Duh, I feel confused.

>Zenfone 3 max STILL DOES NOT HAVE ANDROID 7

FUCKING REEEE

How much should I pay for a used htc 10?

I own a G4 and have no temptation to "upgrade." Especially with Nougat.

OnePlus 3T, Galaxy S7, iPhone 6s, LG V20, LG G5.

Which of these is a good switch from the AYSOOS Zenfone 2 Laser 1080p, which I'm currently using right now. It gets the job done but is starting to slow down and I have it on Lineage 14.1 (7.1.1).

About to order a redmi note 4. Hope I won't regret it.

Also, Snow Mexico fag here with the shitty dollar.

If you don't mind buying used you can get a Galaxy S7 or Moto Z for 250ish.

redmi note 3 pro maybe ?

And how did your swing that? Did you trade in your phone and give the guy a blowjob?

Just bought into the G5+ meme. Here we goooooooo.

I think its cool yes
Someone has other rec ?

Motherfucker you misspelled Note 4. The TRUE masterrace

>verizon
>US
>budget of $500 or less

only things I want
>sd card slot
>removable battery
>not xboxhuge

is the G5+ the go to option?

Stupid question but. Does anyone use their phone without a screen protector?

I don't use a screen protector on my A7 2017 and I can see a few hairline scratches. Could this be the oleophobic layer?

are you memeing
Lineage OS is the follow-up to Cyanogen

those needs are too specific to have anyone bother looking around, why dont you look at popular brands and ask when you've found a few potential choices

if you go for the g4, get the plus for more ram, or get the g5 plus.

jesus, I bought the normal, new, for less than 250. don't buy that, waste of money, and BBOS is dying. Blackberry isn't even invested in it anymore.

only thing worth for nougat is split screen

i would feel comfortable with any but the lg g5, since there are more reports of it bootlooping than the v20.

the g5+ doesn't have a removable battery, but the moto g5 does.

The official CyanogenOS ROM has proprietary camera enhancements.

Open-source CynogenMod and Lineage OS don't.

Am I wrong to be so hung up on the Oneplus 3T or Mi 5 not having expandable memory?

xperia x vs moto g5 plus
most use messaging, clover, web browsing and nav. looking for least botnet

So, you know how like in Windows 7 you view an image in the picture viewer, and you zoom in, and you get to see the pixels?

Are there any image viewers like that for android? One that would for example

Turn my 540x960 image into 1080x1920 at 2x zoom without blurring it, just increasing pixel size?

>the g5+ doesn't have a removable battery, but the moto g5 does.
should I just get the g5 then? how does it compare to the plus? or is there a better phone under $500?

I guess they didn't push 7 onto the low end devices yet, I got 7 on my zenfone 3

get the plus version if you buy the moto g5

xperia will receive updates for quite a while
moto g5 plus will not, but it should end up having some decent roms

No phone on this earth can expand it's RAM, so no, don't worry about it :^)

How stupid would I be if I bought an S8 for retail price on release day? I barely even leave the home (Im a NEET) but its so fucking beautiful I dont even

Just bought a Doogee Shoot 1. Can't wait to compare it with my iNew V8.

don't waste a month of bux on that shit

LeEco Pro 3 user here. AMA

Worst part is Im not even on the bux. I have some money saved up from when I was a wageslave.

How is the lcd screen?
Do you miss the headphone jack?

What is the best survivalist dumbphone?

The only time I miss the headphone jack is when I'm charging my phone in the car. I don't have a Bluetooth compatible radio.

The screen is nice. Good resolution and durable.

Why not buy a better phone?

Nokia 3310

that user is joking because memory is ram and you meant storage.
and different people have different uses for phones, so if you need it, then you need it

was it worth

I got the Huawei Nova just a few days ago. Its great. I don't really need that much power in a smartphone the Snapdragon 625 SoC is more than enough for a 1080p display.

>ships with stock AOSP android
>will get speedy updates for 2ish years

Those are the only things I ask. Best phone? Budget, camera, screen size etc. is not an issue.

there is quite literally no phone like this except for the the Pixel

V20 is over priced because they are tying to cash in on the Galaxy Note C4's failure.

Galaxy S5 best phone ever.

>Pixel

It's completely stock android?

By that, I mean: No special UI's installed or anything like that. Like I don't want some bullshit touchwiz or htc sense. I don't even want a lightweight overlay, I just want pure android (and updates).

>S5
elaborate. i can buy one for 140

should i?

Pretty much good for all I do, and I have the cancer ridden G900A model. Avoid it if you want root,

Everything is good with the phone, last phone before samsung went cancer with the edge and non removable anything and other garbage.

no but its still good

stock android is a meme anyway

Very cool. I'll give it another look after bills are paid. My Noka 635 has put up one hell of a fight (and remains an amazing device) I just need something better with more support.

nobody loves me
everybody hates me

guess ill go eat warms

When could we expect a good price drop for the S7?

Went ahead and bought the E75, will update when it arrives
I must now fap to traps

Arent those phones old as fuck? Wow man. Where do you live? I wouldn't get them to use as a daily driver even if they were both free.

>190 can get you the moto g5 if you have amazon prime
no, it fucking cant

Sure it can
amazon.com/Prime-Exclusive-Phones/b?ie=UTF8&node=14613304011

who moto Sup Forums here?

extremely stupid, for you

what's wrong, user?

Does anyone have any advice regarding Dayquan's robbing phones? I've been thinking on soldering the usb-c port and using wireless charging and file drops so dirty niggers wont factory reset my shit. That or carrying dummy phones

>jesus, I bought the normal, new, for less than 250. don't buy that, waste of money, and BBOS is dying. Blackberry isn't even invested in it anymore.
I actually have Q10 and I like it and that's why I'm considering buying Passport.

>tfw there will never be E75-style Android smartphone

>tfw only using an LG K8 cause my s6 got stolen by a non-white

I get a free upgrade on june and only care about the camera.

Would that mean the sony experia XZ/ZX/whatever would be the best choice?

The galaxy s8 doesnt even improve the fucking camera and I'm not a permavirgin redditor who cares about "muh antutu score".

Since I just care about pics does that mean the I should get the experia instead of the S7 edge/pixel??

>Mi 6 will come out without a headphone jack
Fucking dropped

with blackberry classic heading full speed to obsolation, will blackberry release a new android version of it?

Should I buy the S8 or iPhone 7? Which phone has better security and privacy?

S8 since eventually you can just shove a custom rom with no telemetry, if that's such a big deal to you.

It seems there are no alternatives to the OP3T in the price region of less than 500€.

It is ridiculous when you think about it. The new flagships costs more than a decent PC.

MetroPCS is just an arm of T-Mobile running on TMO's network. Considering they're going around converting their 2g/edge sites to LTE and they never deployed 3g I don't think those phones will work for very long or in many places.

It will become more and more difficult to root your phone.

And with Samsung phones since the S5, you will trip its Knox counter.

Will WE see a new SE with force touch this year?