>literally no teams use this shit meme language

Other urls found in this thread:

1aim.com/#careers
angel.co/onesignal/jobs/183545-senior-rust-developer
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=13548422
resin.workable.com/j/ACF748D4A2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hahahaha get meme'd on

Yeah but 10 years from now there will be some job opportunities. Just keep it on your resume for the next decade until Rust really takes off, user

You just got memed kiddo

ignore what Sup Forums says and just search Quora, upwork, indeed, and craigslist to gauge interest for technologies. It worked for me, im sure it could work for you.

Everyone's going to tell you I'm wrong but I suggest you just do a bit of research based on what I said and judge for yourself.

Do people actually look for jobs in a specific language? I thought one just applied to general software engineering roles and learned whatever language their team needs

yes, user. You ever see those job postings that require a senior C developer with ten years of experience? How do you think people get those jobs?

>phd in rust
>any job I want
>$0 starting

Knowing how to program html and javascript.

Lol

Entry-level job postings at most places are hyper-specific. Positions labelled "new grad" will REQUIRE demonstrable experience with React, Bootstrap etc.

Fair enough I was thinking of new grad positions

Knowing modern web dev tools is reasonable for a web dev position but why would I want to be a web dev

Right in the feels

Rust is the next big thing, just not a thing right now. It first requires people currently at companies to learn rust and push it for new projects.

>but why would I want to be a web dev
Because basically 80+% of software development jobs are web dev shit.

It seems like even though Rust itself is a nice language, it doesn't have any way to leverage the typical tools people use with other languages to crunch through large sets of data.

>can only program in one language

die

I need a job now, not in 10 years.

There are jobs for Rust developers in San Francisco's Castro District. It involves lots of mixing of hardware and software. If you love Rust, you'll fit in.

Snowplow Analytics, Adgear, 1aim.com/#careers too hires all for 'Rust engineers'.

There's a bunch on angelist too looking for functional programmers or people who can rewrite shit into Rust. It's getting more popular esp with the actual Rust book coming out in October they took forever to do

Where do you live? That makes a huge difference in which programming languages are in demand. What's in demand in silicon valley is different from what's wanted in the midwest, what people like in the midwest is different than what's hired in Germany or France, etc.

Generally speaking if you want a job in a newer language you'll need to move to a large metropolitan tech center. If you're living somewhere where tech isn't the main industry you'll only find jobs writing the old mainstays.

This is true, but companies in that area tend to be tough. My boss is always "riding my ass" to work more "overtime", if you know what I mean! ;)

Well, you have a job in 10 years. Hopefully you're not rusty by then.

can't tell if serious or yet another castro gay joke

Go there on a Friday night and find out for yourself. A lot of the tech workers in that area are out partying around then, just strike up a conversation and see where the night takes you.

>can't find a job goys
>barely tried and I found these 3 immediately

angel.co/onesignal/jobs/183545-senior-rust-developer

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=13548422 (will train interns who know typed langs like Rust)

resin.workable.com/j/ACF748D4A2
(Remote rust dev)

So you want a starting/junior programming job?

You MUST master the basics of programming, and be able to implement your programming knowledge using any language. That means solving problems without relying on any particular syntax. If you cannot separate programming syntax from programming concepts/algorithms, then you will need to go back and focus on the basics.

After mastering the basics, you want a starting job. Let us look at languages that will help you launch your programming career. And no, you will not be earning $300k/year when you are just starting, but you may do so if you persevere.

1- Java. Enormously popular, Java is everywhere, and everyone wants a Java developer. A must for Android applications.

2- Javascript. It runs most of the internet! A must for website developers, (with CSS and HTML.)

3- Objective C/Swift. The languages that power Apple gadgets. A must for iOS applications.

There are more languages in high demand, but they require more experience. Master the following to expand your horizons:

-SQL. Because data must get stored.
-C. Real programmers point to this language.
-C++. For classy, objective programmers.
-Python. For high-paying sssoftware engineering jobs.

>WHAT OTHER LANGUAGES ARE IN HIGH DEMAND?
Other than what was mentioned above: C#, Ruby, and PHP.

>I WANT TO WORK WITH HARDWARE DIRECTLY. WHAT LANGUAGE IS CLOSEST TO THE METAL?
Machine code. Good luck, friend.

>WHAT HUMANLY-READABLE LANGUAGE IS CLOSEST TO THE METAL?
Assembly. When it comes to programming, Assembly is the apex predator.

>I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE LATEST NEW MODERN not-a-fad LANGUAGES!
Take a look at Rust, Go, Hack, Scala, Julia, Dart, and Erlang.

>THOSE LATEST not-a-fad LANGUAGES WILL GUARANTEE A JOB, RIGHT?
No.

>I STARTED LEARNING [language x] BUT YESTERDAY MY [friend/lecturer/uncle] SAID TO SWITCH TO [language y]. WHAT DO?
You have already started, so stick. That other language will still be there when you are done with your current task.

>>>/wdg/

- Java. Enormously popular, Java is everywhere, and everyone wants a Java developer. A must for Android applications.
If you're looking to get into Android in particular, I'd suggest learning Kotlin too. It's a JVM language that's much more sane for app development than Java is for several reasons and it's picking up steam quickly. It's somewhat similar to Swift in terms of syntax.

>Senior Rust Developer
What the fuck

One does not simply learn JS. You have to learn the horde of frameworks to be able to get a job in it.

there's a bunch on the rustlang mailing lists it's been around 7 years

C and assembly are literally all you need and anyone who believes otherwise should kill themselves for being meme faggots that do nothing but write bloat, spyware, and meme apps.

what they say:
>Senior Rust Developer

what they mean:
>Are you the guy who invented Rust or one of his close friends?

If you really learned how to program (programming concepts, not language syntax) you could learn an in demand language in a couple months.

> wanting to be a wagecuck
Just because it's a bit rare doesn't mean it's a bad language, by those standards Java is the god language. Learn it for your own benefit, like every language is meant for