Be honest: did Sup Forums ever trick you?

>literally tricked me into using Arch for two months in 2016
>realized that there was no organization or any software engineering involved in Arch, they just put random packages in the repository
>realized that I wasn't even getting bleeding edge software, because bleeding edge software goes to Fedora Rawhide / GitHub first
>realized that pacman wasn't even a good package manager, zypper, DNF, and portage were all better
>realized that I was essentially tricked into using Gentoo for retards
>realized that real devs use RedHat Enterprise, Suse Enterprise, Ubuntu, or MacOS because these are professional operating systems designed by actual engineers who do proper regression testing and commit to formal releases

still kind of mad desu. never again

>He fell for the Linux meme

you didn't get tricked, Arch is for script kiddies, and it sounds like you aren't a script kiddie anymore

I believed friendly Linux threads would be friendly, and would be a great place to learn about Linux.

Only in ways I've yet to realize, possibly.

About a decade ago this place helped me build a PC which I only replaced because it grew outdated, despite still functioning perfectly well. Sup Forums getting me into Linux also helped me raise two weak netbooks into capable laptops, as well as salvaging cheap garbage computers for dirt poor college students to become independent from computer labs/libraries. As for phones, I even got a Moto Sup Forums and it's been awesome value for money.

Maybe the closest it's ever come has been outdated info in the wiki. That's about it.

>Be honest: did Sup Forums ever trick you?
not really, no
been using ubuntu for a decade, some retarded kid from Sup Forums won't convince me to leave my comfy distro for their meme distro

Not really a trick but Sup Forums found out where I lived years ago when I posted a picture proving my cock was too thick to fit through the cardboard roll inside toilet paper but didn't realise my new phone by default saved gps coordinates in the exif data

not me but...

>when I posted a picture proving my cock was too thick to fit through the cardboard roll inside toilet paper but didn't realise my new phone by default saved gps coordinates in the exif data

IIRC Sup Forums now scrubs EXIF metadata by default.

Which is a absolute killjoy desu.

BTW how do you even have sex if your dick is so thick? I'd imagine any penetration would require loads of tedious prep.

lube, condoms, or lubed condoms. Not difficult or time consuming.

I just blow with my own mouth.

>it's like overclocking

>listening to anyone on Sup Forums ever

Didn't you post this autistic shit in another thread like an hour or two ago?

meat and fuck?

i've been using arch for 8 years and almost haven't learnt anything, but it has worked without any issue

all distros are the same shit. if i were indian, i would say they are different shit from the same street.

just fucking use whatever the hell you want. because arch is dropping x86 support, i will have to switch to something else. because it is somewhat similar to arch i was considering void, but my hatred for spics is making me hesitate. will probably will start distro hopping for a while. maybe debian testing.

fuck it. fuck you.

Static can't even travel through the air wtf. Also I'm 80% sure that the charge in the rubber is of the same sign of the charge in the fiber.

My previous bf (who was bi) had a slightly above normal girth and even his previous gf had problems with it.

I can't imagine a toilet roll girth would be enjoyable unless you spend time on dilation prep or the woman is clinically loose.

Should I take your advice and not listen to anyone on Sup Forums?

Sup Forums told me to get a 212 evo, it just werks. Remorse st in as soon as I took it out of the box.

Other thick dick here. Lots of foreplay and letting her control everything, at least from the start. Even then there's only a certain amount of time she can handle it before the pain exceeds the pleasure. Doesn't help that I can rarely climax that quickly.

One of my exes was convinced she must have vaginismus. Consulted with her gyno and everything. Nope, it was just too much to ask of her cooch to accommodate me. Sometimes she'd grin and bear it until all the muscles and tissues down there could conform around me but it was a lot to ask. All the other women have been eager but far less persevering.

>My previous bf
>my cock

Get out of this site heathen.

My ex wifes son had pretty normal girth, but his penis skin was abnormally prone to friction. So girth isnt exactly the only factor at play...

Sup Forums tricked me into trying out linux

i like it and have been using it for a year

thanks Sup Forums

>My ex wifes son had pretty normal girth, but his penis skin was abnormally prone to friction. So girth isnt exactly the only factor at play...
Now how exactly do you have such in depth knowledge of your ex-wive's son's penis in a developed and sexually active state?

My cuck shed is pretty minimal and there's only so many places to go when the bull is out

I've still had nothing but problems even with all the lubrication in the world, I can only fuck in certain positions and even then my gf gets problems where I hit her cervix or make her need to piss etc.

Only women that I've been able to properly have a good time with were both in their thirties, anyone around my own age always has problems

i remember being a teenager

i only get good advice from Sup Forums

i-i'm 30

What does that Indian red dot thing mean?

I keep seeing it. Is it some sort of Hindu religious thing or is it cultural?

Hinduism, 3rd eye.

Oldie but goodie

The only advice I've taken was on a pair of headphones, and I've been pleased thus far.

I have a confession to make. My penis is normal sized and I would probably enjoy sex in the missionary position. I also borrowed the kama sutra from my local library when though I don't have a partner. Anyway I use ubuntu seems to do the job although the ethnic sounding name is a bit much and should be changed to something which involves less cultural appropriation.

No

That's normal though wtf?

Yes.
>I fell for the K&R book meme
>I fell for the C meme
>I fell for the SICP book meme
>I fell for the Gahnoo meme
>I fell for the "Visual Studio is shit" meme
>I fell for the "Java is shit" meme
>I fell for the Arch Linux meme
>I fell for the desktop ricing meme
I fell for all of them above and regretted it.

>missionary position

I always cum within 2 minutes of thrusting in that position. It's far too stimulating for me. :/

SICP is a meme?

Fuck, I just started it...

>MacOS
Nobody going to take this fresh bait?

just about everything gets programmed on a Macbook, just fyi.

There are better books.
Sup Forums only praises it because it uses Lisp, another meme programming language.

Java is still trash compared to C#, the walled garden is worth all the syntactic sugar and usability it affords you.
=^)

>I fell for the K&R book meme
>I fell for the SICP book meme
these two for me as well.

What's so bad about SICP and learning C?

I bought a refurbished thinkpad. Actually it's been really fucking good.

isn't the point of reading sicp to learn about functionnal programming through lisp ?
i just started it as well, how fucked am i

>I interned at Google for a day where the numale betas all use MacBooks therefor every programmer uses a MacBook

>listening to Sup Forums
>in the year 2017

This board is full of underage trolls.

It makes most people feel stupid when they can't do it. SICP filters out those with weak minds, and they blame the book rather than themselves.

C does something very similar; giving people all the rope they want; and then doesn't stop them from forming a noose, and hanging themselves.

Yeah what kind of FAGGOT would work for GOOGLE and use a MACBOOK, haha what a cuck

I like C# alot though, that's why I got mad when I tried VS and Sup Forums always said it was bad. I was expecting Android Studio levels of bad.

SICP is an older book and could be well explained nowadays with modern books and modern languages. And I hate Lisp.

There's nothing wrong with C, specially if you aim to work with microcontrollers and embedded programming.

But for general purpose programming, specially nowadays, you could do better with modern programming languages such as Java, C# and Python. Even C++ is a better alternative.

However, learning C helped me a lot to know more what happens behind all that levels of abstraction, but for a day-to-day programming, it's useless for me.

>Java is still trash compared to C#
Java 3d party ecosystem is vastly superior and unless you want to work on some Sharepoint intranet installation, the projects are vastly superior too

i put lightweight linux on old pcs to use as web machines. my tv is hooked up to a shitty office 2002 machine with 512mb ram. works fine for youtube and imageboards unless its a get thread with 20,000 replies like the one stickied on s4s right now

Being tricked into...
Are you a child?
Just try distribution in vm if not sure...

Sup Forums hates on anything proprietary (not a bad thing). Of all the heavy-duty IDEs Visual Studio is probably the best one out there for any supported language. It just has better Intellisense.

Same, gf can barely ride me before I start hitting her cervix and generally making her uncomfortable

No, because I'm not a sheep. I only come here to troll and because I have nothing better to do with my time.

I fell for the Gentoo is a meme meme and it kept me away from my master race destiny far longer than it should have.
Thank you based USE flags you are my god.

real programmers use plan 9

How much did I get tricked? These are in the mail rn.

>ex wife's son
you are a living meme

You could've used Antergos like any sane and rational person would.

Yes. I take HRT and live as a woman now because Sup Forums said I would be a better programmer.

You scratch it off on your indian wife, and maybe you get free curry for the rest of your life.

When I read your post I thought "hang on, Sup Forums hasn't been around for a decade".
And then I realized I've been coming here literally for a decade.

You did well \o/

Hopefully you have some Schiit Magni 2 to drive them.

I'm thinking about falling for the gentoo meme.

Linux

I went back, but still

Linux man, it is the Sup Forums meme of memes

They tricked me into getting an X220.

It's alright but it has several flaws. I cannot understand how a bunch of autistic children can say the keyboard is superior when it flexes all over the place. Worst thing is, I fucked myself because the keyboard layout is different so if I want to resell this thing I will have to buy a replacement.

>windows 10 is good meme
>linux is good meme
fell for both of these once

>literally tricked me into using Arch in february 2016
>realized, after trying Fedora Opensuse and Debian, that is the only distro that just works on my PC
>still using Arch in April 2017

I admit I fell for the Eiaoshit shills in /csg/...

Memes I also fell for but I don't mind:

Thinkpad T420
Windows 7 (rejecting (((W10))))
LaTeX
Rock Zircon
VE Monk
Intellimouse
Learning Python

Memes I also fell for but I have yet to realize (I'm currently looking to buy these for cheap):

Model M / Cherry Blue
Seiko 5

I would probably lose any Sup Forums bingo...

tfw fell for mechanical keyboard meme

>fall for the arch meme
>search for a live medium distro
>find antergos
>install
>everything good for 2 hours
>updates pops up
>update
>reboot the pc
>update fucked my graphical interface
>fix the problem
>reboot
>try to login
>autentication is invalid
>fix the problem
>reboot
>my interface is fucked up again
>fix the problem again
>login and everything goes well for 2 hours
>try to install a game in wine
>pc reboot out of the blue
>now it's on text based interface and I didn't do literally nothing

Thanks, Sup Forums.

>having sex
NORMALFAGS GET OUT

>portage
>better
!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

You have to be a literal retard for not using CentOS on all critical hw..

>set up email with my own domain for privacy
>own domain
>your name is now literally on the internet and tied to everything you email
>privacy

>zypper
>better

I installed Arch yesterday. It's retarded. I just copied the commands from some Youtube video. Where is the advantage of editing some file to choose your language? What is the point of editing some other file to add your user? What the fuck? It's stupid, stupid, stupid

I can understand wanting to set up your own partitions, but having an installer that does things like choose your language, keyboard layout, user name etc is not "bloat" it's just complete

Fuck arch.

Feel free to think I'm "stupid" for not thinking Arch is good. fwiw I installed it on my first try literally copying commands from a youtube video, just like all of you guys.

I'll stick with Ubuntu, a real distro for people who like nice things.

Hmm, got memed into trying Intel for a short while. The iGPU experience on GNU/Linux was as good as I was told. I did realise Intel isn't all it's cracked up to be though, my next CPU is going to be an AMD simply on principle.

They also got me to give Nvidia go, being a life long ATI/AMD user, once again: better GNU/Linux support but nothing special.

They made me try Arch, I'll agree, it's the best GNU/Linux has to offer but I'm too lazy to maintain it, Ubuntu is for me.

No, because I do my own research and don't fall for viral marketers and fanbois.

but java really is shit

I switched out of CS for math because Sup Forums (and /sci/) told me to. Now I can't get a job.

kek
cs isnt a meme

The daily qBittorrent shill threads got me to try it. Used it for a week before figuring out it couldn't connect for shit.

But the "try Chome, it's fast," worked out quite nicely.

Jesus Christ man, I have no idea why the fuck you'd do that. You're intelligent enough to study math but can't even realise when you're getting baited into studying a useless degree? You're an oddity.

nope, I just programmed this mailer for sending fake emails, and only took me 10 minutes.

>hurr I can't install arch linucks so it's a shit distro
>hurr ubuntu is easy cuz muh apt-get

Whats impressive about that?

no one can seriously consider themselves a computer scientist without knowing C desu. You might as well just go to a programming bootcamp if you're not going to learn it,

Fell for the Mac meme but I installed Debian on it so everything worked out ok in the end.

Arch helps people mature. You did good, OP. You've grown

I'd like to see you program an email spoofer in 10 minutes, skiddy noob

What's wrong with the 212 evo?

>desktop ricing
It is a fucking time waste but it looks so nice desu