Work in IT

>work in IT
>only make 48k per annum
hold me Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

ifitweremyhome.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you should have gone to school for CS or engineering if you wanted to make good money faggot

you can only learn so much shit off of google and have people take you seriously

but I did go to school and study cs user

Quit. Find a new job.

then why in the ever living fuck are you working in IT?

you are the one who MAKES i.t. jobs

I didn't go the programming route user I went into sys admin based on the employment opportunities available after I graduated

yikes well that's why

anything with sys, system, admin, IT, tech, or data in the name is a meme job for someone with a CS degree

damn

>work as software dev
>only make 55k
>work 6-7 hours a day and rarely get bothered by anyone
Money ain't everything

>got old routers
>~10 bintec r232bw
What to do with them user?

Why aren't you infosec yet?

I went from where you are to $140k in 7 years. If you have a CS degree why the fuck aren't you doing Devops stuff? Are you doing meme ass windows bullshit? There are so many career paths you could be taking to make real money. Start today.

Also, if you want more money you will have to quit and work somewhere else, which you should do anyway and learn some more indemand high paying skills.

>NEET
>live off the $40 or so a month I make in odd jobs.

You're a freeter not a NEET

>only 48k per annum
>it's 2700000 in commieland
i'd kill for this

That's a fatal mistake right there.
I've graduated four years ago and I make roughly $160k as a software engineer

Correction: you live off your parents.

Under rated post

I make 225k in infosec and i don't even have a degree. So many CS grads think their hot shit, but in reality H1B's are your daddy.

I only make 40K a year. Fuck off OP

can i have a job pls
im good at hax

48k is decent living. You can still live comfortable in a crime free area

I make $45k, but I live at home. Though I live in MI, which means I can afford to live pretty decently if I went off on my own.

Was neet for years with $300/month.
Now I am webdev with 40k.
Dunno what do with all this money?
What do normies buy?

>tfw only 45k as Junior software dev

Hold me, how much am I worth after 6 months experience.

(Canada btw)

tes juste une vieille criss de merde qui peut meme pas coder du python

fif

REEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm a software engineer and I earn $55,000 NZD which is like 38k USD.

Fuck you guys

>he fell for the STEM meme
lel
good luck competing with literally billions of chinks and pajeets!

t. accounting major and CPA

House, brand new car that devalues as soon as they drive it off the lot, kids, spouses. Food many times more expensive than it needs to be, and more food than they need also, so they have to throw out a lot of it. Vacations to foreign countries and expensive hotels.

i love how different scales are in the usa. Here in belgium as a programmer/consultant from a specialized company, i get 2300 gross (1700 net) euro/month and im considered pretty well-off. got the job before even graduating college

oh yeah, and a volvo car for my private use and free fuel on the side, legal requirement of the job

this basically.

$48k per year sounds like a shitload of money to me. what the fuck are you guys even doing in the states that constitutes this amount as "not enough to live large"?

>math major
>any job I want
>300k starting

my thoughs exactly. muricans whining they only get 100k, meanwhile we celebrate getting 30k + car + insurance etc

why do you have to lie on the internet

The United States is a shithole.

hand me the link to that site, I want to compare my country.

ifitweremyhome.com/

>averages

I know my country is pleb tier, but I'm laughing my ass off.

>Americans have jobs and earn more money but are still worse off than Greeks
America, not even once!

I wish I made 48k

I'm still working part time making $11/hr ;_;

The way I see it, having more opportunities of employment in McDonalds and other shitty fast food joints isn't really a good thing.

Not to mention
>2.2 times more money
Yes, and more than half of it taxed and returned to the government, returning me to a place worse off than where I was initially.

The states are a joke.

If The United States were your home instead of Sweden you would...

>be 12.2 times more likely to be in prison
N/A, not a criminal
>be 4.2 times more likely to be murdered
Im not a gangster in a no go zone, can't be more than 2x in reality
>experience 95.65% more of a class divide
That would be to my advantage.
>make 29.1% more money
That's a lot.
>be 2.4 times more likely to die in infancy
Im not baby am I
>consume 81.85% more oil
Sounds good since its so cheap there
>be 6 times more likely to have HIV/AIDS
N/A
>have 10.12% less free time
Kinda sucks
>spend 67.22% more money on health care
In reality way less than here since im not sick and I wouldnt have to pay for everyone else
>die 2.33 years sooner
I'm as fat as a american
>use 12.88% less electricity
I wouldnt. All my electricity goes to is computers

Few of these averages actually apply to you.

>mfw I remember I'm a lucky subset of American citizen that lives above -- albeit at the very edge of -- the compost of suffering and shit of his country
>mfw I am a Russian expat and I remember my two homelands are barely different from one another

At least we're not indians or chinese, r-right guys?

>Sounds good since its so cheap there
It's easy for petrol to be cheap when you buy cheap oil smuggled by ISIS.

Net or gross? I know people who make 24K net and are OK with that, because rent costs $500/mo.

It's easy when you dont pay more gas tax than you acctually pay for the gas

>more likely to be thrown in prison than in Russia
>but less likely to be murdered than in Russia

Really overclocks my processor.

Which is why the USA is bombing the shit out of the good guys in Syria now. Gotta keep that ISIS oil coming!

You will end up spending that money in energy either way. Which is why the USA has sub-standard quality of living: Unitedstaters have a false understanding that less tax means more money for themselves.

Damn straight, Boris

>Work at Target
>Make 12k annually
Krill me

>You will end up spending that money in energy either way.
No.
>Unitedstaters have a false understanding that less tax means more money for themselves.
It's simple. If you are productive more tax means less money, if you are a leech it means more money for you.

>Economical Illiteracy: The Post

Consider yourself lucky, that's almost twice the starting salary for a software developer in the uk.

Because CEOs and factory owners are so productive, right?
>yfw the workers who actually produce everything get jack shit
>americans have subpar standards of living because of that, yet they still unironically believe in the system that is keeping them down

SUN NEVER SETS

>£26K

I agreed to an already low enough salary in "IT"(support/provisioning) pre-brexit and I'm too pussy to re-negotiate

>MFW when cockhead OP is actually humblebragging

if you have a higher income than the people around you, you get more money regardless of the tax rate. everyone pays the same rate.

why do people even give a fuck about the gross amount anyway? compare your nets and be happy that you have more.

>work in IT-helpdesk
>make 130k € per year

>everyone pays the same rate
what are taxes based on income scale

Part 2

I literally live in a bush though (comfy well size tent buried deep in foliage), so my disposable income is pretty lit. I shower and poo at the gym.

j-joke's on you OP

>work in it
>make 9k usd per year.
>still earn above average in this shithole.

When I get 1yr of experience at my current position(plenty of room to learn) I'm looking for job abroad.

oi fuck you m8 :(

well-sized*

:3

>what the fuck are you guys even doing in the states that constitutes this amount as "not enough to live large"?
BLACKED subscriptions are expensive.

I thought that was more of a Swedish thing

>never adopt the Euro
>wonder why the EU is not working out for them
>decide to leave
>wind up worse than before
kek

It's heaven compared to most of the world. I envy even your Mcdonald employees.

>get promoted
>higher salary
>higher tax rate bracket: pay more tax
>net result: still make more money than before
quit whining, your net change is still substantially positive. you have reason to bitch about it if the higher tax rate eats up the entire pay increase, otherwise just stop measuring the gross amount like it's a dick on the table and just enjoy your increased pay, faggot

like i said, stop caring about something that doesnt matter and look at what counts instead

We're not talking about "most of the world". We're talking about the developed world. Looking good when compared to Brazil or Pakistan is easy.

So you think not being at the top of the top 10 richest countries on earth is the same as living in a shithole?

>implying I live in the uk
I might be a filthy peasant, but I'm not that daft

The UK truly is a sorry case. I hope at least Scotland manages to save itself by seceding and rejoining the EU.

good riddance, fucking stick-in-ass islanders

Marxism 101, huh?

>everyone pays the same rate.
hahaha

>why do people even give a fuck about the gross amount anyway? compare your nets and be happy that you have more.
Because my gross is based on what I do. If I work my ass off, long night shifts with overtime, I get punished for that. Not only does someone who works less get the same (or more) benefits from the taxes money as me (I only really use roads, and passive protection from police and fire dept.), they effectively earn more per hour cause tax.

What's worse is niggers get 24k€/year tax free for shitting out babies and trying to learn swedish while they use up massive public resources.

Well, I'd take my chances there.

>n-word
You need to be 18 to browse this blog, kid.

And you need some solid arguments.

Why fuck fuck are you not on tumblr or some other heavily censored site if you are triggered by words?

my brain does that too

>said the guy who's literally triggered by skin color
Shoo shoo, stormtard.

>he thinks sysadmins don't get paid well

>I get punished for that
no you dont. you still get more money. your tax is higher but your net gain afterwards is also still higher. quit whining about theoreticals and measuring phantom dicks. you get more money in the bank than someone with a lesser job, exactly as you wanted. crying that the tax rate is higher so youd have even more if the rate was the same is just being greedy. companies balance your pay with the tax brackets in mind, they're factored out.

>they effectively earn more per hour cause tax.
show me an actual case of someone with a higher gross receiving less net than someone with a lower gross, like a doctor receiving less than a burger flipper, or gtfo

if you work more/harder/whatever, you should get more cash. Ive never heard of anyone losing money by getting a fancier job because of the higher tax.

said the guy who is advocating censoring of the word to devalue it, resulting in the word's meaning rising in value

I´m making 50k €/y working as sysadmin, pretty comfy job so I´m not complaining

Ps: when talking about salaries and considering a promotion, dont just look at the gross and then cry later "waaah this isnt the amount i was promised". make your job choice based on comparing the net amounts. do you cry when you go to the register at an american store and they then add the sales tax that isnt on the price stickers? no, you dont, because you know that tax is gonna be added

Kek, have the same problem. Bought a mech keyboard and a laptop... Still got money.

Fucking weird feeling but I like it.
> was a NEET few years ago

Fucking hell lad

That never happens though. Because you only pay the higher bracket rate on the income that surpasses the lower brackets.

Normies put it into savings and investments so they can retire into neetdom later in life

>i-it's just a word, my man
>I'm okay with racial hatred, but banning a word is unacceptable
Strain a gnat but swallow a camel...

I make exactly $1000 per month and bought myself a gaming laptop, a weird but functional car, a huge TV. I paid the car in 6 months and now I don't know what to do with the monies so I just buy beer and stupid useless gadgets.

>eliminating racism means censoring a word
what is logic

A dude worked 30 days straight because of people being sick and short staffed. He hardly got any more because of the massive fucking tax on overtime.

So you DO get more when you work more hours. It's just not fucking worth how much you lose because income tax is literally, the fucking biggest pile of shit humanity ever conceptualized.

>Hmm, they're using roads. Let's tax them!
Okay fine

>Hmm, they need police force! Let's tax them to pay the police force.
Alright, I'm cool with that.

>Hmm, they need food, water, electricity. Let's tax these BASIC ESSENTIALS
Wait, wait, I don't have a choice here. What the fuck are you doing?

>Finally, let's tax them when they work! B-because...er.

WAIT, NO, FUCK YOU

>Because the poor stupid niggers who can't/don't get a job need money!
NO

>Also because people with 12 fucking children should not be whipped and have their kids removed. So we need to give them money and housing!

NO. FUCK YOU

t. living with parents

>That never happens though. Because you only pay the higher bracket rate on the income that surpasses the lower brackets.
even less to complain about then

>john, we're giving you a pay increase of 100/month
>cool
>it wouldve been an increase of 120 but, taxes, you know
>whatever, 100 extra is a nice amount