The Linux desktop in 2017

The Linux desktop in 2017

Rrrrrrrrice it!

nsa desktop in 2017

macOS desktop in 2017

> owo

(。>﹏

It's extremely functional, more than I can say for the modern Windows or OS X desktop.

goazaaiams

Windows desktop in 2017

Another macOS desktop in 2017

gay desktops

Are you working on this for the competition on April 20?

What competition?

Faggot

no bullying aloud

Fok I'm out. Gud luck tracing me through my 88 encrypted proxys newb

>177 mib ram used with firefox open
so... this is the power... of gentoo...

On April 20 there will be a desktop competition in Sup Forums and the winner gets a Sup Forums pass

that Sup Forums pass ia lready mine

i'll trade some privacy for a serious OS fampai

its a bit far fetched to claim gnome is nsa anyway

ye i know it isn't,but i'm saying it just to piss off the idiots who believe it

I mean ubuntu was literally a botnet even before windows 10 came out

Speaking of them,they're probably gonna modify gnome with the same telemetry BS ...but who the fuck uses ubuntu anyways

please rate my GNUmale/LincuckOS desktop

hnnng I love that old look. what DE/WM do you use?

im really glad somepeople like it, its openbox with some fonts

Shouldn't you be using Solus, Kevin?

Eh, I'm wanting to use something different and so far I'm liking it. Solus is still really good though.

Pedophile

0/10, no anime

>packages: 1337
Nice aim

Thanks

>anime (20tb)
>anime memes (200tb)

lame

disgusting

that looks comfy as fuck to be quite honest with you family member

> 4:3
Looks comfy af desu

Linux is a kernel, there's no such thing as Linux Desktop

linux users always have shit specs / are poor

thats a fact

mac users always have an uncontrollable taste for cock

thats a fact

Nothing wrong with these specs:

I don't see the issue, Window Maker is tits

That's not 4:3

GNU/Linux*

"Linux" is a colloquialism for operating systems that use the Linux kernel.

*Linux

wrong

Not even remotely.

*GNU's Not Unix operating system + Linux kernel

Must be because we don't need a new PC every time we upgrade our OS.

And? There are also Linux operating systems without the GNU coreutils. "Linux" is a word that works for both.

Linux is a kernel. There is nothing else that is called "Linux". It's also not a complete operating system. You can't run Linux on it's own. Linux is a kernel; most commonly used with operating systems such as GNU and Android.

Why do uneducated plebians persist in incorrectly referring to the Linux operating system as "GNU"?

No, Richard, it's 'Linux', not 'GNU/Linux'. The most important contributions that the FSF made to Linux were the creation of the GPL and the GCC compiler. Those are fine and inspired products. GCC is a monumental achievement and has earned you, RMS, and the Free Software Foundation countless kudos and much appreciation.

Following are some reasons for you to mull over, including some already answered in your FAQ.

One guy, Linus Torvalds, used GCC to make his operating system (yes, Linux is an OS -- more on this later). He named it 'Linux' with a little help from his friends. Why doesn't he call it GNU/Linux? Because he wrote it, with more help from his friends, not you. You named your stuff, I named my stuff -- including the software I wrote using GCC -- and Linus named his stuff. The proper name is Linux because Linus Torvalds says so. Linus has spoken. Accept his authority. To do otherwise is to become a nag. You don't want to be known as a nag, do you?

(An operating system) != (a distribution). Linux is an operating system. By my definition, an operating system is that software which provides and limits access to hardware resources on a computer. That definition applies whereever you see Linux in use. However, Linux is usually distributed with a collection of utilities and applications to make it easily configurable as a desktop system, a server, a development box, or a graphics workstation, or whatever the user needs. In such a configuration, we have a Linux (based) distribution. Therein lies your strongest argument for the unwieldy title 'GNU/Linux' (when said bundled software is largely from the FSF). Go bug the distribution makers on that one. Take your beef to Red Hat, Mandrake, and Slackware. At least there you have an argument. Linux alone is an operating system that can be used in various applications without any GNU software whatsoever. Embedded applications come to mind as an obvious example.

It's you who is uneducated.
It's you who fell for media brainwashing.
Why don't you call Android just Linux? Because you don't know how shit works and babble what you read on tech illiterate Linux blogs.

>Why don't you call Android just Linux?
Because it has a name: Android. Same reason I call Debian Debian. If I were to refer to a collection of operating systems that use the Linux kernel, I'd most definitely refer to them as "Linux"

See, GNU has also it's name. It had it 10 years before Linux was even written. When Linux was added to GNU, it became GNU/Linux, since both, GNU and Linux are incomplete operating systems.

Nah. Look, I'm not going to waste all day arguing with a freetard zealot. When you're ready to take RMS's cock out of your mouth and admit you were wrong, let me know.

both poorfag rigs

i like you

proper distributions already call it GNU/Linux

>$1800 Laptop
>poorfag rig

>window maker
>without bitmapped helvetica

My 1800 dollar laptop has a 970M, 32 GiB RAM, an i7 6700HQ, a 950 Pro nvme drive - and it was actually only $1549 and that was over a year ago

So basically you got a shit rig LOL

also a 4k screen instead of 1080p

It's not my rig, but saying such an expensive laptop is for poorfags is brain-dead. It's also brain-dead to buy such weak specs at that price, but that's not any of my business.

leave the overclocking to gamers XD

nice.
But enjoy your plastics and shitty depot warranty terms.
>not buying laptops with on-site warranty

haha it was a premium Alienware laptop.
But keep overpaying for your absolutely shit laptop

hitlers birthday?

He was born on April 20, but well over a century ago so it's not really his birth day.

I unironically overclocked my CPU for better encode speeds.

>Alienware

Why did you quote my post, what did you mean?

if you have a riced linux desktop and/or anime shit and/or a tiled wm please hang yourself with a GNU/Rope you fags are the reason linux gets a bad rep on here

Is that Unity?

Yeah

What's bad about tiled wms?
I'm waiting.

gay shit like this

Why would you buy a gaming laptop? No bait, this is a legitimate question.

That's not a tiled WM, and what the fuck is gay about it?

how do I make my xfce look more kitsch?

babby just mad he can't use his mouse in tiling WMs, ignore him.

too flat

It just werks.

Business computers might not have the right hardware to support gaming.
With gaming laptops you pay for a graphics card and brand name pretty much. I have a standard laptop and games run fine on standard res. I'd have to get a 'gaming' laptop or a really expensive one to run high quality graphics and not lag

So I can play games and shitpost on Sup Forums

Some people have money to burn and don't see better option and/or travel frequently

nice wallpaper

>gay
>anime
>gay anime
>macbook
>apple
>gay anime apple
Holy shit

very good

die

>trading privacy for that uncomfy, poorly designed dogshit