Is macOS flawless?

Is macOS flawless?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KnapaZYD2cU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

10.6 was flawless. It's all been downhill from there.

I really like macOS. It looks nice and it works well with little bullshit. However, I can't say that I'm a fan of the current hardware lineup.

I'm considering switching to the 2017 X1 Carbon as my next computer. I'll just miss miss my macbook's trackpad

Not an argument

Point out a lack of argument is not an argument.

Doesn't need to be

Not flat enough for 2017

>spinning beach ball

You're ugly and your mom's a whore, how's that for an argument?

You need to give reasons for it to be an argument

Youre ugly because your moms a whore

Fucking ew

If something, thank god it's not as flat. When you can't easily differentiate elements inside windows (like buttons or icons) from their backgrounds it just hinders usability. Subtle gradients are 20 times better.

Also no, macOS isn't flawless. But it's much more usable than the average faggot here will tell you, that's for sure.

>Also no, macOS isn't flawless

Not an argument.

>still has Samba issues
>Finder a shit

But the gradients in macOS are gaudier than the presidents toilet

Yeah, more than a single color is probably too much for you.

Thank you for the daily dose of humor.

>cant change mouse acceleration without a hack

not at fucking all

>an OS "designed for design work" cant follow basic design guidelines such as never fucking using gradients

kek

Come the fuck on. Pic related has about as much style and is as much on point as one of Spicers suits.

No, it looks pretty retarded these days and needs a lot of purging of unneccessary crap out of the box.

This pretty much. 10.5-10.6 = best OSX

You're giving me one awful example. Pray tell, is this more suited to your """"taste""""? Because I can't work with this on my phone for instance. It'll take me a bloody minute to find what I actually want to open because everything looks the goddamn same.

Also how can you diss this amazing design

Obviously not, but the problems are:

- piss ugly yellow color everywhere like literal piss
- not enough variety in the colors for the icons
- too much useless empty space between the circles and the actual icons

If you wanted to prove that flatness in itself is the problem you failed miserably.

You asked for a binary answer and you got one, you never asked for an argument.

what wm/de is this?

>If you wanted to prove that flatness in itself is the problem you failed miserably.

Probably, since there are tons of other examples. However I don't know exactly what you're trying to prove with those 2 icons you posted.

gnome

>purging of unneccessary crap out of the box.

Like what?

those tilted icons trigger my ocd

What is your hair color? Do you dye your hair?
What are your gender and your orientation?
You must be a faggot.

It's so perfect a whopping 3% of people actually bother using it.

>complex software
>being flawless
That's not how any of this works.

The amount of basic customization is too limited, although guess it's going to be a lot better with dark mode. Finder is "alright" at best. The multi window function is still bugged pretty often. Also the store is pretty slow and generally shit. Included Apple programs vary in quality a lot. Etc.

It's definitely the best OS out there but more thanks to Microsoft actively trying to make Windows even worse than it was and Loonix being a fragmented mess with freetards in charge on no software support for any text/creative work.

The search box is incredible ugly. Also the icons are pretty inconsistent.

At least this is really flat and consistent. Just ugly as fuck and horrible colours.

So I guess 50 Shades is also a masterwork of literature given how popular it is?

Yeah Rolls Royces are shit too, literally like 0.03% marketshare.

>2017
>samba

>expecting a tripfag to have any kind of logic

Those were the times
Just look at fucking Finder today. It's a disgrace.

>The amount of basic customization is too limited

This is how I know you've never used a Mac at most, outside of work even. Without 3rd party tools even, macOS is more customizable than Windows, much more. With 3rd party shit on both sides macOS still wins for customization. Windows is rigid as fuck.

>macOS is more customizable than Windows
If you're willing to mess with terminal but come on, I am a normalfag.

> With 3rd party shit
It's like you want your shit to break at next update.

>Windows is rigid as fuck.
I never said it isn't, but some visual things are still easier to customize like the damn colours. On the other hand, there are more options with the dock.

>If you're willing to mess with terminal but come on, I am a normalfag.

Well, isn't that the whole point? This is why the Mac is so fucking amazing. Its the only OS which is idiot-proof for normies with moderate customization at their hands, AND system level fine tweaking WITHOUT 3rd party pajeetware bullshit for the power users.

You don't belong here. Leave

Mostly. It wouldn't kill them to allow people bit more visual customization.

>corporate networking
>Apple

Nothing is flawless, even the very machine you run your software is filled with flaws, it's all merely trade offs, when dealing in software, it's usually trade offs like so: higher performance vs most disk space vs tougher to code [higher price, more bugs and exploits] vs higher battery usage,

granted you can make moves that will have no downside here and there.

>merge
>it clearly says replace

lmao homOS X is no rolls royce

This same image has been posted here for over 5 years. It is a troll image made by someone who has never used macOS. Nobody who's not new replies to it because it is bait.

Actually I have. I used to own a macbook 2015 and I have to say it was the worst decision of my life. Now I understand why people hate them so fucking much.

I had to bootcamp my piece of shit and insta windows 7 for it to be remotely useful.

God forbid I even attempted to do video encoding or video editing in general.

I know right! Imagine finishing it much faster, what would you even do with all the gained time?

youtube.com/watch?v=KnapaZYD2cU

Personally, I really like how gayish it looks.

Actually this statement is false, I have to use the ditto CLI command for things that Linux/Windows allows out of the box. It's not a troll image, I'll be using a mac mini at work tomorrow and can post a screenshot of this.

Sure you did, Windows babbyduck syndrome sufferer.

>final cut pro
God I hated that shit so fucking much.

>"sir plis jews appul oh ehs, mai famili nid food, sir pls, tank jew"

>tomorrow
confirmed as sour grapes made bullshit.

it can be

I use a mac mini at work and it's past 8pm where I live so I'm obviously not at work, but if your narrative of "people who dislike my toys are lying" comforts you, go ahead.
Alternatively, you could just google this and check for yourself, the merge/replace behaviour is documented. There's no prompt for a choice for each file conflict unless you pay 40$ for a third-party app that gives you something that Windows and any graphical Linux distro has for free. You're welcome to prove me wrong.

>t. mactoddler

as opposed to loonix that needs a dual PHD holder in CC and EE to configure out of the box or its wide open to 12 year old script kiddies????

The only good thing about macOS is its font rendering.

Other than that, it's a bloated piece of shit.

>t. Winjeet

What bloat?

It can't game.

That's a bonus.

>Oh vey, why the hell does it replace after I clicked the replace button

people that dumb actually exist

yep, exactly

itunes, photos,safari and probably some other stuff, I'm not familiar with the newest versions of osx

>loonix that needs a dual PHD holder in CC and EE to configure out of the box

no, it doesn't. It isn't 2002 anymore.

>using macshitOS

people that dumb actually exist

>itunes, photos,safari

Why would you remove these?

No, it's gay.

>Is macOS flawless?
no.

also, no.

>2012

Next

>macshitOS has been shit since 2012

Next

Is Windows 7 flawless?

Maybe you're just stupid?

Just get a 2015 MBP. Best combination of specs without all of the bullshit of the 2016 version. And you can get them refurbished for cheap.

>implying the kernel hasn't changed at all since 2012

>Linux has been shit since 1999

i can do it too!

Hold option and then try again.

>having to hack your fucking OS to do something painfully simple with a fucking click

If you eat shit from your hands, yes.

>he's so retarded he thinks copying/merging an item is hacking an os

For the Nth time, read the article. The problem isn't that the merge option is buried under a modifier, it's that it doesn't prompt the user for each conflict and solves it by always keeping the version in the source over the destination.

It clearly says replace.

Let me explain this clearly:
If you just click the replace button, it will replace A with B completely.
If you hold option and click merge, it will take every file from A and put it inside B. For every conflict, like A/f1 vs B/f1, it will always replace the one in B with the one in A.

In both scenarios, A always takes precedence, whereas in Windows and major distros you're given a choice of what to do for each individual file, and an option to just prefer A or B for every conflict.

youre right its a nasa space shuttle

So, the screenshot the article uses is incorrect. And he's angry that when he tries to merge files with a different location that the files he want to be merged to the different location take priority? Sounds like a lot of fuss about nothing. Let him write a simple automated script using folder actions (which is built in by the way) that prioritizes dates of latest changed items.

No, it isn't. This is clearly outlined in the article, that screenshot comes from the first half where he explains how the default behaviour is replacing instead of merging, and only then does he explain how even merge sucks. You have very strong opinions on an article you didn't read.
>just read this API and write a script
Or maybe I'll use a decent OS.

>horrible cross platform development, even with linux
>3 fucking in OS search engines
>cloud/account shit built into OS and cannot be turned off with a simple toggle
>no package manager and third party ones are laughable horse shit
>apple store is a fucking joke
>every first party applications are bare bones and goe toe to toe with fucking GNOME shit

sure the compositor is perfect but that's it

I have the x1 carbon 2017. I can confirm that it is great

Runs like shit on Retina Macs.
Windows 10 runs perfectly smooth at 60fps on a shitty Chink tablet with an Atom Z3735F and a 2048x1536 display, yet an i7 Quad Core MBP15 stutters and lags like shit on Sierra.

If the hack is opening preferences, clicking on mouse, and changing acceleration, then yes.

It actually lags obscenely on stuff it shouldn't. I had to take my lunch break earlier because my OS was taking more than 30 seconds to Cmd+Tab while duplicating a folder on an external hard drive with an i5. I couldn't even open Activity Monitor. This is supposedly a professional OS.

I was wondering why my new rMBP13 feels so much slower than my 2011 13" Air. What the fuck is apple doing?

if you disable transparency and turn on "reduce motion", the OS lag is reduced. they're both pretty GPU heavy I heard. iirc you can do it in the accessibility settings in system preferences

>Is macOS flawless?

Lolno

Macshills pls GTFO

Is Islam a religion of peace?

because Mac OS renders the UI at twice the resolution of whatever real estate resolution you pick, so anything above native means rendering at obscenely high resolutions just for daily tasks

for instance, if you want to use 1650x1080 scaling on a 13" macbook (which is necessary because 1280x800 scaling is way too cramped and 1440x900 is blurry) then you're really rendering the desktop at 3300x2160, which is essentially 4k, and all those compositing effects eat up the hardware real fast at that point