Come home to KDE, Unity user. True love awaits

Come home to KDE, Unity user. True love awaits.

store.kde.org/content/show.php/Unity Ambiance?content=159937

Other urls found in this thread:

webupd8.org/2013/02/how-to-enable-new-kde-410-appmenu-title.html
store.kde.org/content/show.php/ActiveWindow Control?content=91258
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've seen probably 10,000 KDE desktops, but I've only seen one KDE desktop I actually liked out of all of them.

KDE may be versatile, but the only way to make it look as good as GNOME is to spend half your life configuring every aspect of it all the way down the the most minute details.

It's not worth it.

KDE died with version 4
Install trinity desktop instead

get out krautfag

gnome has and will always be the default. I'm glad Ubuntu is finally moving back to it for default. It was kind of a workaround for certain packages.

KDE will always be the third tier. WM's are second tier.

am i doing it right?

>not using KDE: OSX Edition
Plebs can't even get on my level

Why would you take KDE and make it ugly?

This.

ITT: gnome shills defending their dog shit de and saying shit about kde

Wtf is this shit? Where is the global menu, locally integrated menu and the integration of maximized windows titlebar to panel?
>home
No, it's fucking trash.

I like KDE. It just works

Why are you shitposting about GNOME in a KDE thread?

Looks Like Shit

I will switch to KDE but I'll use the default theme

Are you literally retarded? I was talking about kdeshit. Gnome at least has a titlebar to panel integration.

Everyone using KDE is mentally impaired I'm really sorry

Then why did you post an image that was specifically comparing GNOME to Unity? Are you mentally challenged? Also, there is a widget you can add to the panel in KDE which does that. Just nobody uses it because it's a useless feature.

What widget? There is no such widget, stop lying or post proofs.

>I don't know how to use a search engine
Fuck off newfag
webupd8.org/2013/02/how-to-enable-new-kde-410-appmenu-title.html

lol who uses a desktop icon for vim

>titlebar integration to top panel
>posts a global menu widget
Oh yeah, you ARE a retarded one, that sums everything up. You can just stop posting now.

>add widget to panel
>move panel to top of screen
wow that was difficult

That looks like hot fucking garbage, OP

>still doesn't know how to google
store.kde.org/content/show.php/ActiveWindow Control?content=91258

And how the fuck would it INTEGRATE the windows TITLEBAR into that PANEL?
Explaining for stupids(you):
>maximize window
>window loses titlebar, all of it's controls AND functionality(drag) goes to the top panel.
>drag panel - window unmaximizes, you continue to drag unmaximized window as if you dragged the maximized windows titlebar until you release the mouse button.
You are so stupid, your stupidity drives even me mad.

mac users

see Also, what kind of a faggot needs buttons to minimize/maximize/close applications? I literally disabled the titlebar alltogether and never looked back.

>Actions currently available : Close, Minimize, Maximize, Shade/Unshade, KeepAbove, KeepBelow
>no drag to unmaximize
trash

>plasma 4
>only buttons
just lmao

>I like to use a mouse instead of keyboard shortcuts because I'm a faggot
>right click->toggle maximize is too hard for my puny brain to handle

It works on plasma5 also retard

>right click->toggle maximize is too hard for my puny brain to handle
I've used it before. You can also just double click to achieve the same thing

And it's fully customizable too

but hey, shitposters gotta shitpost

>Come home to KDE, Unity user
>Unity user
>suggests using faggot keyboard shortcuts
Maybe you stop being a faggot and stick your unusable kdeshit up your ass and stop suggesting it to people that actually use computers for work.

>can I have this feature? it would be convenient
>No! We're too stupid to implement it like unity devs did it, so use inconvenient method instead.
Kde kids, lmao.

>it's literally too hard to doubleclick
>everything has to be literally exactly the same or unity or else it's shit by default
How can you truly be this much of a faggot?

Call me a retard, but where the fuck do you find this menu on a recent kde install?

>grab a window and drag it where you wish
1 click and literally one finger movement, 1 action. 10/10
>Double click/use a keyboard shortcut
>Find where did the window unmaximized
>move a cursor towards its titlebar
>click and drag
Unnecsary bloat, inefficient workflow. 0/10

>he prefers to click and drag rather than double click or use the scroll wheel
laughinggirls.jpg

pacman -S plasma5-applets-active-window-control

meant to reply to this faggot

>that redundant clock
Looks good aside from that.

I think KDE is by far the best looking DE out of the box, the only thing I do after an installation is to change to a dark theme.

>Hold down alt left-click anywhere on the window
>can move it wherever I want
>Hold down alt right-click anywhere on the window
>can resize it horizontally or vertically
>hit a keyboard shortcut to tile window to corner/half of screen
This is how real men manipulate windows. Now take your shitty workflow and leave

In unity you can do this without holding the alt button. Without memorizing shortcuts. Without even removing your hand from the mouse.

You shouldn't even have to remove your hand from the keyboard to touch the mouse you pleb

>leet haxor meme
And there are the usual computer users, you know, that do actual work on the computer.

>that do actual work on the computer
It's funny that you should bring that up, because I use my computer for actual work all the time. If you cared about workflow efficiency you would only ever have windows tiled to a corner/half of the screen or maximized. You would never have anything minimized, and you would have dedicated desktops for each set of applications, each with a unique keyboard shortcut bound to it. If you are wasting time manually moving around windows you are not being productive. Seriously, what the fuck would you even do with it other than drag it into a corner/half of the screen? That could be accomplished way faster with a keyboard shortcut.

Kmail and Korganiser are both terrible

Luckily you do not need either of those applications to use KDE.

>Without even removing your hand from the mouse.
Confirmed for having only a single hand.

Does evolution integrate into the KDE desktop well? e.g: calendar widget

waiting for LXQt to get good

I'm not sure. Sorry. I don't use any of that type of software. I only use a web browser, file manager, music player, terminal emulator, IDE, and text editor.

No worries, I could always give a shot at integrating it myself

It's as useless as Gnome 3

Show me a maximized window.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

>Using two hands for tasks you could do with a single hand in unity.

Not mine, but you can customize KDE 5 quite fast and it looks great. I will post more screenshots. Oh, and just a reminder, KDE has a proper file picker.

Again I will ask you: What would you even be trying to accomplish by manually moving the window? Where are you planning to move it and why wouldn't you just use a keyboard shortcut when it is objectively faster and also does not require you to take your hands off the keyboard in the first place?

It's not faster. Stop embarassing yourself.

friend can you show more of your setup please? can you explain as thoroughly as possible how you got your kde to look the way it looks, and post a screenfetch? love some of the plasma desktops around here, and want to switch to KDE asap.

I'm moving to i3wm now, it's a meme wm but it's still better than the kuck desktop environment or GNOME.

>hurr it's faster to take your hand off the keyboard, move it to the top of the screen, and click and drag to the desired location than it is to hit two keys at the same time.

>that DPI scaling

>hurr
Yes, we get that you're a retard. You can just stop posting now, it's pathetic.

in either case, it only takes 1 hand. You are literally a fag

Do you move your mose with a keyboard? Pretty retarded.

If you really think that clicking and dragging a window is faster than hitting meta + arrow-key, you are mentally challenged.

What the fuck are you even trying to ask? I don't understand autismo. You'll have to rephrase.

Don't you understand simple english? Poor pajeet, you shold get some classes then.

The mouse is not on a good surface. My mousepad is the comforter on my bed.

Nobody understands anythin gyou say because you are a retard who can't even form an unambiguous sentence free of major spelling errors.

My PC isn't working right now, but I can tell you what my setup is. I'm using icon only taskbar widget, Redshift control widget, Weather widget, Netspeed widget, Papirus icon theme, KArc desktop theme, color scheme, window decoration theme.

A challenger appears!

Just stop explaining yourself, boy. You got btfoed, this is just pathetic.

Try something from this century.

This is how LibreOffice looks.

>but kde doesn't have any way to integrate title bars into the panel
Yes it does
>oh but... you need two hands to move a maximized window
no you dont
>oh, you must be using a keyboard to control your mouse
wtf?

Seriously, this is the worst troling I've seen in awhile. Stop moving goalposts and just admit you are a dumbass who doesn't know how to operate a computer.

That looks like shit

>dat font rendering
my eyes!

Not him, but it should be pretty obvious to anyone who isn't a retard that the font rendering has been fucked over by image compression.

someone with a working brain could've opened the image in the new tab, zoomed and still noticed the rendering is terrible

>opening a jpg in a new tab reverses lossy compression
Are you really this dumb or are you trolling?

No other DE has HUD searching. They need it so badly.

Or I could've just misunderstood what you said, anyway since you put so much effort in seeming intelligent online I hope you manage to work on your inferiority complex buddy

>understanding what lossy compression is equates to putting effort into seeming intelligent
costanza.jpg

thanks famfam! copy and pasted into gnote for reference later. done with gtk, gnome, and gnome-based DEs.

Well I'm glad I'm smart enough to tell the difference between lack of knowledge in a specific subject and lack of general IQ.

But apparently not smart enough to spot the obvious visual differences between poor font rendering and glaring artifacts caused by image manipulation.

Smart enough to realize that one could only figure out there's image manipulation issues if they knew about image compression in general. Wish you better luck next time user

>done with gtk, gnome, and gnome-based DEs.
Good riddance! Enjoy your modern desktop environment and a proper file picker.

>one could only figure out there's image manipulation issues if they knew about image compression in general
You don't need to know what the artifacts are caused by to be able to deduce that it has nothing to do with font rendering. Please stop making excuses. You are only making yourself look worse

Hey Sup Forumsuys, how's my font rendering. Pretty good, right?

>Not being able to figure out that I could've assumed all screenshots will be high quality because I only used high quality screenshot applications
kek
>caring about how you look online
I feel so sorry for you..

>Not knowing that JPEGs are famous for having Artifacts

Thanks for the laugh! If I zoom in enough, it gets better?

>thinks making assumptions about other's behavior based on his own behavior is a good idea
In psychology, that is called "projecting".

>checking the extension for every file he sees
poor little dude...
whatever helps you feel better about losing senpai