GNOME is clutt-

GNOME is clutt-

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2017/3/9/14872464/windows-10-onedrive-ads-inside-file-explorer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

-ered.

install TWM

shelltile

looks way better than anything a KDE/xfce/windows/macOS user has ever posted.

Open a few windows and take a screenshot again.

When will you gahnoo/leenucks fags ever learn? You're OS remains at 1% desktop marketshare because it's shit. GNOME doubly so.

Gnome shell has a built in screenrecorder, you dolt.

Enjoy your adware OS cuck

:^)

If your DE weren't dogshit. There wouldn't be the need for all these GNOME shills creating threads every 5 minutes

I'm aware.

Although you are a faggot, you are not OP.

This isn't real is it?

>bar on top
Where do your tabs go?

>implying Winshit 10

GNOME is the most popular Linux DE, and Sup Forums is a Linux board.

The real shills are the "KDE users" (who are actually hired by microsoft to attempt to fragment the FOSS community).

Daily reminder gnome is literally javascript and css, basically a slug.

looks like a tablet Enironment, which it de facto is

I have win 10 creators update and no ads here.

oh, it is.

OS X is fine as long as you aren't programming. OS X has no proper package management, and everything important for programming is packaged by third parties instead of the OS maintainers, which makes things integrate poorly compared to linux.

Windows is the most popular OS, and Sup Forums is an autism board.

The real shills are the "Linux users" (who are actually hired by Torvalds to attempt to fragment the proprietary software community).

Then why the phone recording?

>GNOME is the most popular Linux DE

stop shilling. Gnome fell from over 40% during Gnome2 times to below 20% after Gnome3 switch. It's mainly a developer DE these days, not so much an user DE anymore.

Just wanted to try something different.

Unity is the most Popular DE you lying faggot.

I Know is going to die, but it is currently the most popular, you're not fooling anyone shill

Your post doesn't make logical sense, whereas mine does:

>it is naive to believe that shills aren't posting on this board

>there is financial incentive and very little repercussion for using shills

>there are marketing firms that post pro-Microsoft propaganda all the time even though they constantly fuck users in the ass with adware and spyware and unwanted updates

You're naive if you think shilling isn't real.

I really like your vim setup what settings/ plugins do you have?

Both GNOME and Unity make up about 75% of desktop linux, both are modern and much different from KDE.

Unity is dead now, there is no incentive for shilling, but then where do the KDE people come from?

GNOME users are organic, KDE/xfce/etc are shills.

post the webm on reddit.com/r/vim and ask them

mostly mucomplete, NERDtreetabs, tagbar, airline

>niggers pulling shit out of their ass
There's no real way to measure de usage and you idiots know this.

I'd use homebrew if I wanted to manage packages. And most language's environments are EZPZ to set up on macOS. Go is the exception, but that's a pain in the ass to set up on every OS.

>I am so autistic that I must reply to obvious b8.
8/8 m8.

kys.

Stock Ubuntu is the most installed Linux by far you fucking imbecile.

Again, if GNOME is so great why do you have to lie so much?

Notice how this shills mixes Ubuntu and GNOME numbers to make it seems like they are similar when in reality GNOME is like 5% and Unity is the 95%

Really fucking pathetic.

- massive pointless icon list on the left
- pointless window list on right
- ridiculous 128x128 icons
- redundant top left menu

the only things worse than this are unity and windows 10, and only because windows 10 is 5 different UI's and 20 years of spaghetti code clusterfucked together.

GNOME is under 20% and such is bug ridden, clunky failure called KDE. Unity is the leader and even xfce is used more than either Gnome or KDE.

It's a historical picture. OneDrive ads USED to show up in Explorer.

yes it is

theverge.com/2017/3/9/14872464/windows-10-onedrive-ads-inside-file-explorer

I want to become a go programmer

Come on, open a window for us and show us the beautiful 200px title bars because you know, gotta make it big for all the people using it on tablets and smartphones (no one does)

>watching zombie simpsons

you might be the biggest fag in the thread

>Defends windows, a proprietary software run by a megacorporation
>Thinks little Linus Torvalds has the resources and pure hatred within him to hire a massive shill force on a technology board that no normies (and thus potential Linux users) read in the first place
>Says this specifically to push the idea that Innocent Lil Microsoft is being attacked by a community infinitely less powerful than them

Who's the the shill now, would you say?

It is all a lie, goy
Do not trust em

I don't have a problem with 128x128 icons.
If you think about it, there really is no reason to have everything be teeny tiny if you have the room to put bigger things on screen.

No one needs 70 icons on their screen at once with 12 point text that they need to strain to see. Use your screen real estate you paid for to strain your eyes less and clutter your mind less.

I have zero problems navigating apps on an iPhone, even though only 24 icons will fit on the screen at once, I can just make additional screens. You know, virtual desktops in a sense. 128x128 icons + virtual desktops is the way to go.

to get (you)'s

It really makes you think how after the news of Mark killing Unity, we suddenly have all these threads shilling the GNOME desktop. It's like they want to condition us to the idea of their shitty desktop. But the reality is most people will rather Install Windows 10 or buy a Mac than having to use GNOME on their computers.

Also notice how the ones that have been celebrating the linux failure of Unity dying are precisely these GNOME fanboys that are happy that the competition is now dead.

Notice how hypocrite they are. When it suits them Linux is about choice and bla bla bla, But, when Canonical created Unity a desktop that created competition to GNOME and Red Hat, all these shills were screaming how mean Canonical has the NIH syndrome and spreading FUD about them.

When Ubuntu integrated Amazon suggestions in their DE, that commie Stallman was the one to spread FUD and call them spyware. But when GNOME exposes your private files in Google Drive without any encryption no one says anything.

Stock Linux Mint is the most installed Linux by far you fucking imbecile.
Again, if Unity is so great why do you have to lie so much?

I'm not shilling gnome or anything, I am pointing out you or anyone else using any "statistics" on de usage is completely made up. Anyone can change their de to anything else on any linux distro and there is no accurate measure of distro usage to begin with, especially considering all the derivatives.

It's really easy!

read all this and you're done

>using a 3rd-party package manager that has to use symlinks to solve conflicts with Xcode is somehow comparable to a proper package manager
There are a lot of things macOS does well, package management is not one of them.

It is not, stop lying this is getting pathetic.

Clem (Linux mint creator) has even talked about it when mentioning wikimedia stats in his blog.

Go fuck yourself you stupid shill, keep lying all you want, no one is going to use your shitty desktop.

>the reality is most people will rather Install Windows 10 or buy a Mac than having to use GNOME on their computers.

Or, y'know, install another DE like KDE, Xfce, LXDE, Razor-qt...

>KDE uses space more efficiently

>picture has a different level of zoom than mine

If anyone had a doubt that are gnome shills/devs lying in this thread. I think it is pretty obvious now.

Again, why do they have to lie if their DE is so good?

>When it suits them Linux is about choice and bla bla bla

it still is. you can install any DE you want.

If you can zoom in and out then what is even the point of your image?

we're putting you on suicide watch.

>Gaps
>Uses space more efficiently
Not using a tiling wm in the year of our Lord, 2017

see

You don't honestly believe gnome sends PR to shill here? It's just gnome fags pissing on ubuntu users cause they can and it's funny for then. Hell, some these guys probably don't even use gnome, they just get off on baiting idiots like you.

2%

I'd reply with LMAO cat again but I'm too lazy to open photoshop.

Just accept that Canonical will never approach the stature of Red Hat in the Linux community. You just dont have top enough talent. Dont be a sore loser, Mark.

Oh no, you're an illiterate third-worlder aren't you?
Alright I'll spell it out for you:
There is no way you can say unity has more users than gnome OR gnome has more users than unity because there is no accurate way to measure either userbase.
The linux mint thing was tongue-in-cheek mockery of the idiocy of your prior post.

Good, because you're not a very good troll.

-ery piece of shit?
Yeah, it is.

Ubuntu is the driving force behind Linux' success. The early versions brought new users en masse.

>removing toolbars from the program itself

Ofc

All Canonical ever contributed was repackaging Debian, and you've been bested there by Mint for ages anyway. The things you tried to contribute upstream (upstart, mir, unity) were all bested by far higher quality Red Hat stuff (systemd, wayland, gnome). You're pretty much a joke in the free software community at this point.

There's a GNOME plugin to fix that problem and make the windows more like unity.

KDE is an unforgivably disgusting DE

Budgie QT will finally get KDE autists to shut the fuck up once a decent DE is made with QT

>using ancient screenshots
Did you just switch from shilling Windows to shilling Gnome?

It's muttered xdddd

It looks like shit. I admit though, it still looks better than the ones you have listed and of course better than tiled squares meme. Unity is still a winner in a beauty and convenience contest.

>Mint
Sure Mint is great, I heard Mint users absolutely love this DE... all three of them.

>upstart
How dare they didn't make use of kernel features that came years later. At least they didn't use snake oil shit like "socket activation" to get users to use it. In retrospect, many people would have looked at upstart differently if they knew what was coming from Poettering.

>mir
No one has seen it, no one knows.

>unity
Most popular Linux DE.

>systemd
Shit

>wayland
Intel

>gnome
Pure shit

>implying all windows 10 versions in every region is equal

Even enterprise crap have "play and explore" in start menu and shitty store, but that's all

>No one has seen it, no one knows.
Used by touch.
>Intel
And Samsung. It can be great.

Maybe your lack of impulse control is why Red Hat has the only viable Enterprise Linux while all Canonical has is Ubuntu Phone (kek)

>applications menu
>pig disgusting app icons

Install Lumina.

Install Deepin

MS are supposedly updating their UI later this year. I like the look of it, but

>MS

I mean, they only just let the user have a blank start menu so customize it to their liking.

>I mean, they only just let the user have a blank start menu so customize it to their liking.
they did? holy fuck finally

looks like a gnome rip off but with even more wasted space.

INSTALL SOLUS

>has an already tiny screen
>leaves a huge empty space because it "looks good" gimping his own experience
>pretending to work like that to appear smart

What a loser.

Yeah the Creators Update tweaked it very slightly, no more all apps being visible.

The massive space at the top is a little weird. I don't know how actual programs will look other than a slight change to the title bar.

how about showing the situation on an actual computer screen?

The problems are as follows:
Libreoffice's interface is a complete disaster. It's beyond saving, it needs to be rethought and redone from scratch. Toolbars, sidebars, file menus, settings - it's all literally unusable.
Actually, that goes for all open-source office programs, see Gnumeric and it's toolbars.
Libreoffice doesn't make use of Gnome's AppMenu.
Gnome 3 doesn't offer you to shove application's File menu into AppMenu. Or to put File menu into the window's title bar and make it appear on hover, since it's not going to be populated with useful things anyway (because libreoffice devs don't give a shit about gtkheaderbar, or design and usability in general). Or to make File menu appear on hover right next to the running app name on top bar. No extensions, no hacks, nothing.

I expected nothing less from a GNOME supporter

>software needs to adhere to Gnome's standard and not vice versa
Gnome in a nutshell

GNU is the standard operating system, user.

Done :^)

>accurate way to measure either userbase.

First, I never claimed that there was a 100% accurate way of measuring anything, but you have to be either a retard or a shill to ignore that there are indications that tell us which DE's are the most popular and which aren't.

>Anyone can change their de to anything else on any linux distro

Yeah, because statistically we know most people do that right, faggot?

I am pretty sure the average joe intermediately installs the GNOME desktop, after an Ubuntu install like this delusional faggot is implying.

God I want to curb stomp every single Gnome fanboy.

Gnome literally ripped off everyone and every new iOS / Windows whatever release you dumb mongs come out of the woodwork and claim people stealing from Gnome. How fucking dense can people be?

dat titlebar padding tho holy shit

you're right the applications menu is a meme

Paper Icons are GOAT, kys

>installs GNOME variant
>complains about GNOME

>complains about GNOME
I'm the OP

>using the smiley with a carat nose