Did Microsoft just make the desktop computer obsolete?

Did Microsoft just make the desktop computer obsolete?

no

In the future the will only be Surfaces and Scorpios

microsoft has been obsolete for a while

what did they do this time? bash on xbox?

only windows desktops.
other systems are still usable.

Apple made them obsolete a number of years ago already, they literally binned the idea.

no

▲▲

implying

NO GAEMS

>PCs are only used for gayming

Well, the specs are ultimately equal to a mid-range rig. So no. This is what the consoles should have had in the first place, back in 2013. But at least they're making progress again.

WHO NEEDS A WORKSTATION WITH PRIVACY, ADJUSTABLE GAMING, FREE ONLINE PLAY, FREE ENTERTAINMENT, CUSTOMIZABLE INTERFACE AND OS, Sup Forums, INTERNET BROWSERS, and PLEBBIT ANYWAYS?
GAYIMS IS ALL YOU NEED BRO.

>not recognizing this reality

businesses are moving to laptops and cloud
schools are moving to cloud
big data computation is moving to cloud based linux clusters

there is zero reason for a hard drive, gpu or even ram... unless you need to render in real time

>who wants a workstation with a spyware OS, driver stupidity, malware worries, and unnecessary complexity when all you want is a game machine?

can you go more peasent than this?

Top kek, can't wait to write code with a controller

I am sorry but Microsoft does not make CPU,or GPU

No I play games with mouse and keyboard

my dick is moving inside ur mum

>tfw I will never be as dumb as the simple-minded normie
Feels good man.
Also here's a (you)

>2.3ghz Jaguar cpu

apparently it's a custom job with lots of dx12 shit cooked into silicon
think of it as HW video decoders

Yes

AMD, Intel, and Nvidia all BTFO

Only tech worth owning soon is Samsung phone, Apple laptop, and Scorpio tbqh

Maybe an Apple Watch as well

this tbhfam

No.

They did make desktop gaming a nonsequitur though.

If all you want is gaming, buy an Xbox. Give it mouse and keyboard support and there's very little reason to build a dedicated gaming computer/htpc.

>yet

Is there something wrong with jaguar cores?

Kb+m update is coming in the summer. I hope this means it'll get some more pc games.

Too bad nobody wants to develop for xbox. Sony has always had the developers and the better game library.

how is a laptop not a personal computer

This is objectively false unless you're some nip loving weeb faggot.

is that way.

why would you even own a console if not for jap games

Why would you own a console if it's not to play casual games with your casual friends? The whole concept of the console was designed literally for casuals who can't/won't play on pc. If you want your niche games play them on the pc like every other person.

Pretty sure that's not a Jaguar but a Cheetah.

/bread

Is there anything new on the Xbox today? Scorpio is old news they announced that a while ago

But Scorpio is powered by an AMD chip.

>there is zero reason for a hard drive
muh torrents

I really don't see desktops ever going away, there's always going to be a need for them. Mobile devices aren't the end all be all and neither are desktops they both have their uses.

>a video game console
>making the desktop computer obsolete

Wrong board?

im posting from an Xbox One

They're phone tier CPU cores. Any high power desktop core from the last 8 years obliterates them.

Yes and? Desktop CPUs would drive the cost substantially up. When you design games for the hardware, then optimize the hardware for the games, you get a CPU that is good enough for the job but doesn't add another $200 to the cost of the system. Not to mention doesn't set your house on fire.

Look at all these excuses for being poor you have.

No, Microsoft made their own, just like they did with the original Xbox and the Xbox 360. That's why you can't play the Halo games on anything but the Xboxes, they made their own API for them.

It also lets them use more of the consoles power than a PC, so the line between raw TFLOPS and performance becomes much more blurred.