How is ryzen suddenly faster in Tomb Raider on Ryzen?

How is ryzen suddenly faster in Tomb Raider on Ryzen?

What the fuck is going on with this platform?

Test system here
techpowerup.com/reviews/ASRock/X370_Taichi/7.html

3200MHz RAM

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/reviews/?category=&manufacturer=&pp=10000&order=date
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Apparently the Taichi is too perfect, as Sup Forums has been saying since launch.

ASrock confirmed bestest

>Taichi loses in all but one benchmark
>DAH BEST
exepct no less cherrypicking from AMDumbfucks

There's varying difference between motherboard EFI/BIOS revisions, especially on AM4

Fantastic reading comprehension you monkey.

You sound anxious and aggravated, how come?

Do you have a pathological need to have someone view the world around them the same as you?

TPU are pretty huge Nvidia shills though.

>he literally doesn't understand the difference between a motherboard review and a CPU review

Intel customers, everybody.

This should end the thread.

you don't even bother to click it. do it?

This RGB LED bullshit has to stop.

The third paragraph of the conclusion mentions minimal LED nonsense

Based ASrock.

He forgot to mention the Taichi actually supports ECC memory.
As in error correction actually works.

>nowhere to be found

welp

it's so good it's selling like hotcakes

This is the 1800X review from the same site from a month ago.

Pretty hilarious.

>only one M.2 slot
>perfect.

My Assrock has 2 M.2 slots
So it is more perfect, it is perfecter.

There's two, but one is 16Gb/s

Might wanna actually read next time.

>Might wanna actually read next time.

Great advice, will do.

techpowerup.com/reviews/?category=&manufacturer=&pp=10000&order=date

There's literally 5 10.0 scores on TPU since 2004.

The last one was in 2014.

What are you trying to imply?

It means they really like it.

BRAND NEW PLATFORM RUNNING NONSTANDARD MONOLITHIC SHARED L3 ARCHITECTURE ISN'T OPTIMIZED AT LAUNCH DAY

STOP THE PRESSES THIS IS SCANDALOUS

Good luck telling that to Intelfags.

>average intelcuck:

>What the fuck is going on with this platform?
Pajeets are being used as paid beta testers, that's what.

Which is best ~100$ mobo?

Some 200 man internal validation team can't begin to compare to millions of faggots with the pure amount of data churned

Because you are trusting a website that has UNFAIR reviews, aside from their inability to proper bench stuff.

Asrock AB350 Pro4

There's a mATX version as well, same everything besides size

bugs.

This unless you can find a $100 board with a Intel NIC and 7+ chokes.
If you're not overclocking you can live with 3-4 chokes

You again?

Can you overclock on it? I mean it only have 3 phases(doubled to 6)

amd finewine already at work

It has 8 phases, what are you talking about?

That's 80% of the reason why people recommend it for the B chipset boards.

9 chokes and 8 caps, for a $95 motherboard that's fantastic power delivery.

>this performance with 80% higher DRAM latency than Intel

What will happen once the IMC drops to 50-60ns?

AMD sucks
>get ahold of daddies creddit card
>want to buy a new pc
>hear my reddit buddies talking about Ryezin SeePeeYou
>made by AMD? Ewww.
>they say it's good but the platform is new
>don't really understand so I buy an 1800-ex and a major gamer Giguh-bite board
>Micro 80x board that has no reviews yet becuase I simply can't wait. I also preorder all gaymemes
>I need my computer to be portable, how else will I show others just how underground I am with my Whyzn?
>board arrives and cpu arrives
>Gigabyte board is trash
>problems
>daddy asks to see new pc
>tell him it doesn't work
>he gets visibly upset at me for wasting his money
>tell him it wasn't my fault, AMD is BAD and tricked me
>he doesn't care, no good boy points for the rest of the week
>swear i'll never buy amd again and instead buy a used 5960k for 700 USD
>because I need something reliable and intel never has problems

A-Another massive disappointment, am I right Sup Forumsuys?

The MUH GAYMING fags would stop shitposting

Can someone fill me in on what I'm physically looking for on the actual board to know this stuff? Still new to anything beyond sticking a locked CPU in a cheap board and calling it good so it's not something I've ever had to learn.

Isn't it 9 phases? 3 phases for soc and 6(doubled from 3) for cpu?

Other manufacturers offer atleast 4 phases for cpu.

Can't tell if pasta or trolling

But Ryzen is a SoC.
If you meant 3 phases for the PCH/SB, then that's nonsense, it uses some 8 watts.

This made me laugh way more than it should have.

It's pasta I just made from witnessing some jackass.

The end result actually happened

I've been waiting for this motherboard to be in stock since the beginning of april

for future gpu in apu?

if ryzen wasn't powerful, intel wouldn't have SLASHED their prices in response to its release

intel knows a lot more about what the chip is than shitty benchmark sites

all of the amd "high end" mobos have only 8 real phases, including taichi.

>nobody did any interrupt testing on 6900k vs Ryzen

Why is this? Why did nobody load the 16 threads to 100% on both systems and see the responsiveness of the system? On my Intel 4 cores when I peg them at 100% the system is literally unusable, it can barely process interrupts from the fucking MOUSE.

A world of information at their fingertips and babies still need to be spoonfed.

Intel doesn't slash prices, period.
They didn't slash when K8 came, they will never slash now.

For fucks sakes this is the company that admitted in its earnings call that it would rather take a marketshare hit than lower their precious 60% margins.
They're trying real hard to be 'premium' like Apple

>when even my ancient Phenom 2 tricore will handle mouse movement while pegged

Only thing that fucks it over is memory IO because I used DDR2, that's when the system freezes up

I don't think companies understand that Apple has almost gone bankrupt more than once.

How is that not enough for anything but LN2?
You know there are 20A+ chokes, right, pure choke count isn't all that important, but more is almost always better in this case.
Not to say you can't have 4 expensive chokes doing the work of 6 cheaper chokes, because you can.

Who actually got tears in their eyes from seeing AMD back in action? Their last real releases have been Athlon and Hammer.

I'm so fucking happy.

The test in OP is for some reason running at 1920x1200, making direct comparison pretty worthless. Like, surely if you're a benchmark website you'd have some standardised test methodology. Lazy shits.

There's little difference between 1200p and 1080p, and even with Zen doing better at higher resolutions, those 120 vertical lines surely won't make it suddenly 13% faster than Kabylake who it was losing to by 15% a month ago.

You saw those very inconsistent results over the last month?

94% of that is down to motherboard EFI differences, rest is Windows.

You can't possibly expect gaymerfags to know about such intricacies.

By the way, I have no such problem in my poorfag APU build, and all construction cores handle interrupts really well. Don't know why it would be different with Ryzen which, despite being an all-new architecture, is an evolutionary step over Bulldozer.

I've been out of the loop. Are we saying the Taichi is the best AM4 motherboard or just X370?

And what about the other big boy ones like the Crosshair Hero?

Taichi is currently the best AM4 motherboard, period.
Crosshair Hero on top of being expensive as shit, had a hilarious amount of bugs on launch, I don't know how it's performing now.

Asus really fucked up with Ryzen. All of their boards have some teething issue, from instability to shipping outdated BIOSes.

And for the ~$150 range? What's good there? I have an Asus PRIME X370 sitting in my cart and while I know they kinda flopped with the Ryzen stuff like you said, it doesn't seem like anything that can't be fixed? Just a case of making a bad first impression.

I'm considering holding off until a Taichi is in stock though.

To be honest the only two choices I'd consider is the $200 Taichi or the $100 AB350 Pro4

Nothing in between caught my eye.
Losing the X chipset means absolutely nothing to me as I don't care about SLI/xfire

So where do I buy a Taichi?

Current benchmarks are fucking USELESS after the AGESA update.

Look at this, a latency reduction on everything across the board.

I can find some where I live, but that's not in the US.

>26% faster mem access
>18% faster L1 access
>17% faster L2 and L3 access

>from a software update

THE CALL THAT SAVED AMD

It's a microcode update, which is technically firmware. Which is technically software but not really.

This is what a new arch launch looks like every fucking time you deluded cocksucker.

Yeah, everyone tests a new architecture on early adopters, it's how it works.

Intel's x58-x99 launches haven't been exactly stellar either, and they're mostly similar CPU designs with some tweaks

Thank god I waited.
Enjoy your 1 year lifespan ryzen firehazard stations, SKL-X out in 3 months

I like how Sky-X has literally no actual purpose.
Not even the PCIe lanes, nor 4 channel memory controller now.

nice meme retard, Ryzens are the most power efficient cpus up to date

>entire platform existence invalidated by a EFI update and a MCM

Lmao

wouldn't this fix this the slow ram performance loss?

Alleviate yes, but not 'fix'
There's really nothing to fix, testing showed that there's not all that much difference between 2+2 CCX vs 4+0 CCX configs, some 10% at max

Still, even Ryzen benefits from higher clocked memory, so that's a cheap upgrade path down the line if you have cheap memory now.

Just a reminder that this was ran without the AGESA update.

than what's the cause that ryzen demands fast ram to work proper?

In the same time you spent with your frustrated typing, you could have simply just shared the knowledge, clearly you know nothing newfag.

Nothing? It's a bandwidth hungry architecture.
Not to say some parts like the fabric don't benefit from higher memory speeds which in turn benefit gaming performance, but generally the CPU itself wants bandwidth, probably a design decision and not a bad one considering DDR5 is out in the next 2 years.

>nothing
>it's a design decision

i will pick number 2. thx. i'm excited for the upcoming benchmarks

And as a design decision, it has its drawbacks, which being slightly slower performance in some applications. But as a design decision it also has its pros, which is efficiency and scaling, all thanks to that 'problematic' infinity fabric.

Can we talk about the massive GENOCIDE that AMD will bring to Intel with their Naples?
Seriously lads, you think that AMD could gain some server marketshare again?

No, because Intel is already trying to lock data centers in with sweet heart deals.

>1% more performance for the double of the price a bang for the buck
>130 Watts, goy, you save in heating cost, hehehe

Could this be bring to the US DoJ?

Gigabyte because of BCLK chip

Intel Corp. still has the most advanced foundries on the planet.
Intel Corp. is dedicated to creating high performance products using non-conflict materials, which we are the world leader in.

Intel Corp. "most advanced" foundries on the planet produce a slower 8 core CPU that uses more power at idle than its competitor 8 core uses at load.

Rather say you have shit fabs instead of a shit architecture, it's less embarrassing since for fabs you can throw more money at the problem, for architecture you actually need skilled and smart people.

Reminder that the 1700 is closer to the 6900k's IDLE power consumption than its load one.

most motherboard manufactures are getting lazy and Ryzen is a brand new platform, something we havent had in almost a decade, especially from AMD

>10 rating for a motherboard

When is the last time TPU gave a 10? I literally cannot remember, some 5 years ago?

any B350 pro4 mitx reviews yet?

I barely saw any B chipset reviews at all, everyone's salivating over the overpriced ASUS Hero garbage or Taichi(which is actually worth salivating)

I run an Asus Prime x370-pro. It did/does have some teething issues, but nothing that renders the board unusable. BIOS updates come frequently, mostly solving issues but occasionally complicating things. (Higher overclocks were easier in earlier versions, now low-power medium OCs are easier, go figure.)

Currently running my 1700 at 3.6ghz/1.166v with shitty 2133hz ram overclocked to 2400hz (2666 is almost stable, hopefully it will be next bios update.)

If you buy something like 3000 or 3200 RAM does it come at a standard speed with the capability of being overclocked to 3000/3200? Or do you have to underclock it while overclocking the rest of your shit?

ASUS dropped the bomb, it would be fine but most reviewers got the Corshair Hero motherboard for review and that shit was buggier than a anthill, some ASUS boards didn't even get updates and are still in launch day hell.

Technically all DRAM over 2133MHz is overclocked according to JEDEC.

But you can OC pretty much everything, so a 2133MHz one will have no trouble with 2400 or even 2600 if lucky.
A 2900 one will have no trouble with 3200.

Usually it's rated speeds +1 tier as a safe OC on 1.35V(I wouldn't go over 1.4V)