>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-IBM-Model-F107-4704-Xwhatsit-USB-Controller-Installed-NKRO-Metal-Case-/302278667760?hash=item4661366df0:g:9bMAAOSwls5Y6vbx
boston.craigslist.org/bmw/sys/6077090665.html
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2064
alternate.nl/html/search.html?query=Ducky&channel=nl
gigabyte.us/Keyboard/FORCE-K83
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kinda sorta want a 60% maybe kind of.

Is Poker 3 the only way for a memer to go or do I have to go full HHKB?

>1776 get
Also what is 60% plus F keys called?

there's some faggot t in my class who brings his cherry blue keyboard to lab all the time and gets everyone to look whenever he types. mech keyboards are like high heels for nerds

go full meme

75%? or TKL?

ew. that's like browsing Sup Forums in front of your coworkers.

looking for opinions on the Dell AT101W. They seem to be cheap on fleabay. Are they decent, or should I save my shekels for the IBM M?

smack him with your full size model f, if you dont have one youre the faggot.

>Poker 3
worst waste of money i've bought

get something that you can actually program properly

1. yes
2. internet

I'm loving my ikbc poker 2 for like 97 on amazon, comes with stock obtain keycaps

are those varmilo "miami"?

Pbt* how tf did my phone autocorrect it to obtain

so i have cherry green equivalents but i need something way stiffer. i essentially want my fingers to explode on each keypress, what do i buy yall?

They are npkc Miami, but I got them cause they looked like cotton candy

i kind of liking how it takes out the gap between the alphabets and the numpad and fits the arrow keys in nicely. what keyboard is that?

Alright, much better than the thai hoe ones.

red scarf iii

Cheaper too, they are on amazon for like 27 bucks

I'll sell you my HHKB2 with black blanks and a custom red and black Pexon cable for 200 incl. shipping to anywhere. Red WASD caps also included.

Used less than 5 times.

/pham/

200 what?

I've been using the SSK for some time now and I'm not really missing the number pad. The higher profile keycaps threw me off at first, but it only took me a day to get used to. I was worried at first about using a heavier switch in normal use and it really hasn't impacted my typing performance. Overall buckling springs are great to type and the smaller size compared to the massive model M is great if you don't have a lot of desk space like me.

gold doubloons

get 150g springs and swap them out, or get cherry mx super blacks

hi guys, i want to get a very quiet keyboard with rainbow lighting. the only one i know is Corsair STRAFE RGB

any suggestions?

Orihalcon just posted a model f 107 on ebay for a reasonable price pre-usb converted check it out
ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-IBM-Model-F107-4704-Xwhatsit-USB-Controller-Installed-NKRO-Metal-Case-/302278667760?hash=item4661366df0:g:9bMAAOSwls5Y6vbx

>tfw keycaps still in customs
>5 days and counting

Mmmm not quite, but I guess if I'm omitting page/home/end/numpad, I can omit F keys too. Was thinking of something like a 104 but without anything to the right of backspace. I want something loud and tactile.

You guys have differing opinions, can you like deathmatch for a solid conclusion?

I appreciate the offer but I don't touch type and I need to see the legends sometimes. 120 wpm whateverfingerisclosest method tbhwy

get the HHKB for supreme memeposting

>I want something loud and tactile
Then get a 60% model F or a TKL model F if you need the extra keys. If you don't like it you can always resell it on deskthority for more then what you bought for.

usd

Getting any Model F is not easy. Especially the 60 and 75% variants

There are only three known Model F 77's
and only a handful of F62's

The 'new' model f reproductions are still being built and wont be delivered until late this year for early bird low serials only

The best Model F you can buy right now is an F107

HHKB but specifically topre in general have one extreme flaw - rubber dome.

These domes do in fact stiffen over time and will eventually become about as much use as a foam and foil board.

Looking to get cheap mechanical keyboard on Craigslist.
Find this jewel instead
boston.craigslist.org/bmw/sys/6077090665.html

Poker 3 is like 40 bucks more than poker 2. I don't mess with programming the keyboard but it is possible, he might just not be smart enough to do it :D

I'd say get an HHKB

Do you know a keyboard with that layout without the top, fn row?

you mean a 40% keyboard?

No, more like a 60% + arrows + numpad but not a tkl. Also ANSI if possible.

I forgot what it was called, but there was a korean custom that was exactly what you are looking for. Google search only returns this.

>Budget
Want to keep it on the cheaper end, but I could stretch up to maybe $125 or $150 if it's a really damn good keyboard that'll last a long time.
>Location (continent at least)
USA
>Preferred switch type
Cherry Red or Brown, I guess. I have no clue what I'm doing. I've been on a laptop keyboard forever so I'm used to the little keyboard chiclet things.
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
Most likely 100%
>Backlight
Yes please
>Previous/current keyboards
A laptop?

I've been eyeing the Asus Claymore as a possibility.

One of the things that I like about my laptop is that it types relatively quiet. I like the idea and weightiness of a mechanical keyboard but I've used some friends and it's CLICK CLACK CLACK CLICK which is fine if I lived by myself but I have a wife who is a light sleeper.

Is it possible to get a mechanical keyboard that's pretty quiet or is it hopeless and i should just invest in a good pair of earplugs?

Forgot to mention: Can you damage the keyboard if you typing turns out to bed "heavy" but you end up using Reds/Browns/Blues?

All Mech keyboards are gonna be loud, but what I would recommend is a topre board

There are quiet cherry switches if you want, but they are mostly found on gaymer boards, with the exception of Leopold and Filco. You can get those here:
mechanicalkeyboards.com

There was a Redscarf 2 variant like this

Also I think some britfag on leddit was designing one called the UK78 or something

While pic is pretty close to what I'm looking for I can't seem to find anything on it. Yours might be the best bet but it seems to be from MD.

That's the Duck Blackbird, they go for like up to $1000 because they're pretty old and only 30 or so were made

I bought a Model M, and while it sounds nice, I'd rather be typing on Alps or Topre.

i tried the logitech g910 keys at best buy today and they feel really good but i can't afford it

is there anything i can get that's close to that but cheaper?

What am I in for?

does there exist a 60% keyboard that includes the F keys?

Yes, you can buy the pcb from keyboarddiy.taobao.com

I got a thicc Grifiti wristpad for my full-sized mechanical keyboard. It's pretty comfy, and I like it; but how do I go about cleaning it?

This is comfy. [spoiler]But I wish I had gotten blanks now[/spoiler]

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2064
this is making me cum my pants, should I?

You should change your pants first, that's gross.

where can i find a 75% cherry blue? it's like no one even makes these

Just bought this Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja with cherryMX black switches.

I've been thorough when it comes to deciding switches and i somehow always seem to like the sound they make and actuation point these keys require the most.

Did I do good? It's my first ever mech keyboard, so i decided to go with something simple and sturdy (i hope)

Build it yourself

WKL sell the B.mini or KBDfans has the KBD75 still available on their website

build it myself? what am i a nerd?
i want to BUY one

good

My sister wants one of those dumb Razer RGB keyboards. Any way I could convince her otherwise?

>pre-usb converted
Aren't these PS/2?

How goes the endgame search /mkg/?

Yes. Black switches are great

Good thing there's plenty of other lazy wankers like you, so they both offer assembly services (but you might have to pay KBDfans even more for it since they don't use Cherry switches normally)

Slow, considering I'm building customs from here on, instead of buying. Kinda getting used to reds, but still miss the bump.

give her an rgb keyboard with cherry mx that's cheaper and has better switches than that Chinese crap

I did it by accident but its kinda nice

>cherry mx
Aren't Gaterons actually better nowadays though? And what keyboard would you recommend? It should be available with Nordic keycaps, not sure she wants to learn EurKey.

Gaterons are hit and miss with my experience
it's KBTs that are a good cherry replacement right now.

I have been using the Realforce RGB for about a month or two. This is my first Topre board. I am very impressed with how good it feels. Swapping on some PBT caps really helped it sound better, but I want some high profile caps. The only ones I can find are those nice dark brown ones that Filco put out. Either way, if I could only own one keyboard right now, it'd be this one. I will buy another Realforce to take to work someday.

What is this ? I'm interested.

Got my RAMA M10-A tracking number.

Awwwwwww yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

A tenkeyless with Tai-hao Lavender

\o/

Is JT Keycaps good?

Inferior to GMK, but the price is really good if you want quality ABS doubleshots.

My Ducky Shine 3 died of water damage, so i'm looking for a new keyboard. This time with cherry reds and no LEDs.

>Anything under 250 euro is fine
>The Netherlands
>Cherry MX red
>87 key ANSI
>TKL, 80%
>none

what is this and what will you use it for

Get a Ducky One for €80
alternate.nl/html/search.html?query=Ducky&channel=nl

Standard 4704's use a proprietary connector. They need to be internally modified with a new controller in order to output to USB.

I don't think that's a problem with something that you can't use in the first place. See, back in early 2016 this keyboard was shilled relentlessly by me and this italian guy. Little did people then know that the keyboard is not actually a functional keyboard. It does not send any information to the computer, all the usb connection does is power an internal microphone and some capacitative sensor that detect when a key is touched. Notice that I said touched, as you can't press the keys down, they are completely static. Upon a key being touched, an internal microphone plays a high quality flac file of a female voice saying "thock" with a strong french accent. Not making a "thock" sound, just literally saying "thock". Everyone who praises this keyboard is simply acting as if it were an actual keyboard out of buyers remorse. Thus it is the greatest meme of all, and grants the owners the maximal number of attainable meme points.

The solenoid in my beamspring does a similar thing actually.

Do you guys think the keyboard cases with the see through LED diffuser is ever going to catch on for mass produced boards? I think it's a really nice LED implementation but I definitely cannot afford a custom board.

>proprietary connector
Isn't it something compatible with PS/2 though, like with AT?

Its also a proprietary interface which needs to be converted. Just like those old XT keyboards a simple adapter wont work.

this is the connector it uses, not PS/2 or AT compatible at all.

Fully programmable macro pad with a milled aluminum case. Will be using it to bind drawing program shortcuts to so I can just plug it into whatever computer I'm working with.

restoring an SSK I found at work, gonna start shitposting it once its done, that okay?

Sure go ahead. Now that you have gotten my permision you can post it.

Trying to salvage a rosewill rk9000 a friend gave me after he split soda all over it, but I'm not used to doing keyboard repairs and shit.
Most if not all the keys are sticky as fuck but the board seems fine otherwise, does soaking this crap in distilled water really work?

Since its plate mount you cant take the switch apart without desoldering, so instead get an eyedropper and inject alcohol into the switch directly, then press it a several times until it doesn't feel sticky. Finally rinse it with distilled water and let it dry completely.

Thanks daddy, pics tomoro when all is dry and dandy

yes
with white LEDs and a matte red plate

gigabyte.us/Keyboard/FORCE-K83
Is this a good keyboard?
Simplistic looking without any gaymer shit all over it and i can snag it for around 70 bucks with MX blue keys.

Honestly it looks a little to good to be true for the price