What's a quality thermal paste? Does it matter?

What's a quality thermal paste? Does it matter?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FaMWxLCGY0U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

mx4

If it's more than $2, it's quality.

cum.

TC-5022

Arctic Silver 5. Nothing else.

WD40

I use my wife's boyfriend's semen and it works fine.

if you actually know what you're doing, what you'll do is de-lip the chip, melt a large pool of solder over it, and very quickly apply the heatsink with a brushing of flux on the sink. this will bond the chip to the sink, but, you won't need to change it again, either.

this will get you the best possible temps with whatever you're using, be it air, water, or liquid nitrogen and cryonert. this is what extreme overclockers do.

Vegemite, turpentine or shampoo are the way to go.

Don't fall for the cum or AS5 meme.

mayo

Surprisingly Creamy peanut butter works amazingly well, is cheaper, and you get quite a tastey surplus.

noctual nt-h1 cheap and gud. you can go higher up but it doesn't really matter unless you are trying to hit peak overclocks and delid etc.

How is that coolly oratory shit so much better than everything else? What's the catch?

this reeks of bullshit to me

>What's the catch?
You will become a CSW like pic related

it's liquid metal and you haft to be very careful with it.

Basically anything that gives the desired effect and lasts long.

Arctic silver 5 is the go-to because its cheap, it works, and its highly reviewed as being a great performer temp wise
i got a little 3.5 gram tube of it for like 2$ and its lasted me over a dozen applications so far

beat me to it

i've had a small tube of that stuff i bought like 8 years ago and it still has stuff in it

Liquid metal.
Basically it is pure metal and obviously conductive, so if you apply too much you might end up with excess dripping on components and getting shortcircuits. It also can remove markers from top of the IHS so it might mess up your warranty. Obviously applying it requires more skill than applying a generous blob of regular (non-conductive) thermal paste, but it's still pretty easy if you are not a raging ADHD kid.

Literally placebo, any thermal compound is fine get the cheapest stuff you can just don't go without it.

Why not do a thermal resistance test for each one? Seems like a far better, more empirical and objective unit

>literally placebo

>you're just imagining lower temperature readings on your computer

Gallium based stuff. The catch is you can't use aluminum heatsinks with it because it's an extremely reactive metal and it doesn't react in good ways.

youtube.com/watch?v=FaMWxLCGY0U

If your computer is affected by like 4C differences in temperatures your cooler is fucking shit.

your computer is affected by .000001C difference in temperature, retard.

and it's not a placebo. it's physical reality.

GC electronics Type Z9 is the best Price/Performance paste, period.

You can get a 1oz/28g tube for about $10. It performs on par with AS5, GELID, NOCTUA, etc. I would post data but the 80-way Thermal Interface Material Performance Test at benchmarkreviews.com was done in 2009 and the archive doesn't seem to be loading.

Bottomline, overpriced pastes are a meme.

the only real answer
/thread

Just get some artic silver 5.

It works well, it's cheap, and has a good reputation.

this, reasonable $ per gram, non conductive and performs very well. Only thing I use anymore as I don't have to worry when doing a gpu anymore.
NT-H1 and kryonaut also guut,
(misato best waifu)
AS-5, outdated, modern grease is easier to spread and has reduced or no burn in time.

literally any brand as long as it has actual silver on it.

>>>chinkshit

never understood why Sup Forums hates TIM-posting so damn much.
It's always guaranteed replies and more shitposting than on gpu launches.

> 0 + 2016 + 1, not using cum to transfer heat.