"I fell for the 4GB VRAM meme" edition

"I fell for the 4GB VRAM meme" edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zWASNajSdpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The fuck do you need 4GB for?

is this the idle temp? do the fans turn off when idle, cuz those idle temps dont seem very good

>4GB
>Intel i5 2500k
>Radeon RX 480

Why the fuck do you have 4GB with those specs and aren't you experiencing bottleneck?

>2500k
>stock speed
nigga u serious?

He's got 8gb and a 2500k at 4.7ghz shows just how little improvement there has been for 5 generations. Get your shit together amd

It says 4.7ghz you giganigger. Speccy doesn't show the oc. Man its like you don't even overclock.

for the GPU? Yeah, it's idle. The fans are not spinning.

I even specifically included the OC frequency in the pic

the 390 is a total beast, had one but XFX are the worst fucking aftermarket cards and i just bought a 480

The XFX 480s are one of the best aftermarket 480s

i got the asus strix since it was practically a gift

In what way is it superior to MSI GOYMING X may I inquire?

they're not, XFX are a bunch of cheap chinks that skip on proper cooling, both fans of my 390 died months after i got it and RMAing would have cost me about half of its price

youtube.com/watch?v=zWASNajSdpg

the fans look wonky as fuck

>doing thermal tests on an open bench

my msi 390 does hit 1200mhz+, however it will also hit 80+C with 100% fan speed at that clock.
muhhousefire.jpg
nowerdays im running it at 1050mhz with -100mv undervolt to keep temps and noise in check

pretty nice OC

Yeah, me too.

he did the same with his niggabyte rx480 which got way hotter at a higher fan speed

you think your pathetic bottleneck can compete with mine?

git gud pleb

>1080p60hz screen
>gtx 1070

unlikely

What's wrong with 4GB RX480?

wew lad

First build, how did I go?

Depends. How long ago did you buy the 6700?

looks fine, don't realy like msi boards though

It turned on long enough to take the screenshot, so pretty good I guess

In December

Any reason?

BIOS/UEFI and build quallity are not that great.
I pref. Asrock or Asus (if you want to pay the 15% Asus tax)

>15% Asus tax
?

If you think clock speed is all that matters, you shouldn't be on this board

1440p is my next upgrade, it was hard saving that much for the parts and it was the first computer I ever built

>GTX 1060 6GB
>Locked i7
You fucked up.

The fuck do you need 1080p for?

I didn't really see the need for the k version. What am I missing?

It won't bottleneck, but the locked i7's are a waste of money. An overclocked R5 will match/beat it at half the price.

also there is no point in a Z mobo if you have no K cpu

Get on my Bottleneck-level.

if you oc that i5 there should be no bottelneck for gaymen

8gb vram at 1080p here and 16gb 1666mhz ddr3

sue me

cpu overclocked to 3.8

local pc store gave me two sticks for the price of one and now my ram is worth more than my cpu and my gpu

also your storage was probatly more expensive than cpu+gpu

nvm missread 850 pro

>4GB
>not 11GB

fuyckin plebber

That's a locked i5...

DO BCLK OC AND MAKE MAD 5%GAINZ

>"I fell for the X meme"

I just fell for the i7-7700K + GTX 1080 meme. It doesn't matter how much you spent or how much powah your pc has today. It is only a matter of time before you are lamenting that you fell for the meme. I'll be starting a Speccy thread perhaps five years from now saying "I fell for the 8GB VRAM meme". Such is the way with pc tech.

From the looks of it, I bet you are still getting playable fps in just about everything out there. Have you dropped to 720p yet? For the last eight years up until two weeks ago, I was rocking a Core2Duo with a 1GB VRAM Radeon HD 6850. Minecraft was a slide show. I barely got 25 fps on the lowest settings at 720p in Fallout 4, GTA V, and Witcher 3.

Looks like Speccy is in desperate need of an update. Speccy doesn't report the "7700k" part of the i7-7700k, nor does it report the 8gb vram of the GTX 1080.

before i got my R9 390 in 2015 i also had a 6850 and i had no problems with minecraft at all at 1680x1050

4gb should be fine at 1080p no?
>4.7ghz. nice
bretty good
hello fellow 390°c owner
Only sandy/ivy can do locked oc, and that isn't an oc board.
1440p though, it shouldn't be too bad eh?

a brain

$408 CAD - how did I do?

Alright faggots, r8 and h8

you have 2 of everything, xfire the 460 when they're going cheap in a few weeks for maximum memes

How does that even work, considering I don't have 2 PCIe x16? I only have a PCIe x16 (obviously already used) and an x16 slot that only uses x4

Kind of interesting too, considering my motherboard officially supports xfire

stabletable build, put it together 3 and a half years (? ish) ago, first with a GTX 770, then chucked in a 980 shortly after GTAV came out because i was only getting like 45FPS at 1080p.

Other than that this thing just keeps chugging away, this old ass Antec case must be getting on for a decade old now too, whatever i replace this build with will probably still be in the same case, no reason to stop using something that works well. Just when will this CPU become obsolete? are we talking same kind of legs that the 2600K enjoyed/still enjoys when OCd?

1st slot will drop down to 8x (which is fine for everything othern than 1080ti) so you will get both slots running at 8x normaly

I don't think a 460 will be bottlenecked by a x4 slot, there might be a bios option for 8x8

is that the pre refresh haswell? if yes you it will probatly not oc as far as sandy and ivy

have enough drives there bud?

What. Looks to me like there are physically 1/4 the pins

they go in the two "big ones"

I know that. The one that says PCIEX4 looks like it has 1/4 the pins of the PCIEX16 and that confuses me as to how crossfire would work.

I just want to confirm it'd work in a configuration like that picture

crossfire (unlike sli) will still work with a 4x slot

get on my level

>$4000
no thanks

lmaoing at your life

Hm. Okay. IIRC also the VRAM of a card with more than the other gets truncated to the same as the other? In other words get a 4GB like the one I have and not a 2GB?

4gb + 4gb = 4gb
4bg + 2gb = 2gb

I know a guy who got a GTX 1080 for a 1090p60 and i5-3470

i know a guy who knew a guy who knew a girl who knew a guy

true story

>2133 8-9-8-29
>2133 15-15-15-35
Am I missing something here or is OPs DDR3 faster than DDR4

When do get speccy updaet
?

>I was rocking a Core2Duo with a 1GB VRAM Radeon HD 6850. Minecraft was a slide show
you probably were out of CPU. HD6850 is plenty fast for memecraft, it should also be able to run Fallout 4, GTA V, and Witcher 3 at low/medium at 1080p with decent framerates.

>Have you dropped to 720p yet?
With an RX 480? This bad boy runs pretty much every game on ultra in 1080p at 60fps or just below that. The only thing I have to drop is 4x MSAA.

Maybe he's playing Witcher 3 and can't get the textures higher than medium

>All that storage
I'm curious, what case?

Witcher 3 on ultra at 1080p eats up 2.5GB max based on my experience.
Games I played that hit 4GB VRAM were Batman Arkham Knight, RE7 and AC Unity.

It's only 5x3.5" drives.
1 2.5" SSD and 2 externals.

>fell for the 64gb of ram meme

4gb is too little nowadays
at least 6gb

>bought 1GB 7770 for $30
>every game max out vram.
4GB is not a meme. 8 is.

cancerous

>implying oc'ing your cpu gives you a performance boost

this
The only game where i come close to using more than 4GB of vram on my R9 390 (it has 8GB) is Skyrim with around 130 mods, where i get up to 3.8 GB vram usage. Howewer at that point i'm usually also dropping below 25 fps on 1080p.

I really love you people who use _new_ low end CPUs. I wish I wasn't so trapped by the urge to have THE BEST regardless of my needs.

in all honesty, i am the same, its just that i can only justify buying the best for what i am using. i could've easily afford an i7 + rx 480, but all i do on my computer is emulate SSBM and play source games. as this computer is able to do all of these on max settings at 1080p i had no trouble with buying low end shit. if you're going to be using your computer every day then there is no shame in buying expensive stuff.

>implying it doesn't