So are there really people out there still using Pentium 4's?

So are there really people out there still using Pentium 4's?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_D
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anything more and you're GPU bottlenecked.

thx 4 the tip m8

yes
2.8ghz of socket 478 housefire

jesus why the fuck u do that

yes. i'm poor in a poor third world shithole.

fuck off.

to say "i have a pentium 4 in a laptop"
the literal only reason i bought it
its big, hot and loud

Poastin' from one; this is my "sacrificial" web surfing machine. It's purpose is to get compromised, slagged & resurrected as needed. Pretty surprising how rarely that happens. Averaging about once a year now.

For basic website browsing, and also quite a lot of anime & movies, I also play music off it constantly. Generally runs about 85 watts total for most of the day, including 2 1920x1200 monitors running off a GT430 card. (yes, that's "GT," not GTX)

Makes a great little linux box, too. Runs lean and zippy. I'm happy to put many hours on it and save my other fx8350 system the wear & tear. When it dies, I will shed some tears, but I've more than got my $150 worth out of it from when I purchased it used in 2009.

Fuck yeah, and some of us unironically use even older shit. Still plenty of problems out there a P4 can solve.

Yes. I got this laptop for free so I'm not complaining. It works just as good as any modern laptop because it has a light OS

I used a pentium 4 ht up until the end of 2012. Worked well for everything except rendering at the time

mom's tetris/dr mario emulation shitbox bricked yesterday

Bro you need to do some work on your OS. That shit looks disgusting, no offense

yes my mother for example

Pretty comfy to me desu

how much do you pay per kWh?

not on a dayli basis but i still have my old p4 system at my parents house for when im there

I'd have to pull out an electric bill. My monthly bill is usually under $100, sometimes ~$80-ish, except July & August when it gets closer to $150-ish due to heat. I've converted all my lighting to LED with a few CFL leftover. I watch electric use, although not crazy. This house used to go about $250/ month electric until I tweaked some shit around the place. My fx8350 w/ GTX960 runs ~150 watts standard use and gets a touch over 200 when under load ... so I figure using this old P4 most of the time cuts my computer-use electric by 50% min and up to ~80%. Sometimes I go most of a week without booting the 8350. The monitors are all double-cabled, so I just switch them between systems when needed; they're good for about 30 watts each & sometimes I just shut the 2nd one off if I'm only reading shit on the one in portrait mode.

>Laptop from 2003
>512MB RAM
>Single core 1.4GHz Pentium M
>Seamlessly browsing youtube
>Doing everything any modern laptop can do

BUT THE GUI IS UGLY OMG

Not denying it's kinda cool, but having the font be all fucked up doesn't save performance

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ masterrace ITT

How do you know this?

Pentium D is dual core so it's (almost) twice the heat.
Technically I'm still using it, just as a spaceheater.

I have one right next to me that only needs an IDE hard drive to turn into a Linux fuck-around box, I've just been lazy.

SEE -- P4 D are single core.

You're thinking of Core2Duo.

My temp might seem a touch high, but the total heat output isn't very much. In fact, looking at it now, I probably need to blow the dust out of the fins. Haven't done that since last fall, so I can probably drop the temp by 3-5°C and knock the fan speeds down to ~1600. I can't hear them, so I don't think about it very often.

just fix the fucking font, god danm
even a retard would look at that and go "what the fuck"

Why is it huge, why does it clip over the top of the bar, why is it light yellow, why are your taskbar fonts the same fucking way, why do you have a flat black font for your clock and what i presume is a CPU usage monitor

god danm user, this isnt hard
ive got ULV pentium M shitpad from over a decade ago too and at least i spent time on the UI making it look at least decent

Wikipedia seems to think they're dual-core:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_D

oh god install XFCE before my eyeballs explode

hahah. well I'll get to it eventually. Maybe. Kind of funny seeing you get OCD about it. You should join Brick's font club.

>So are there really people out there still using Pentium 4's?
Running Lubuntu on mine.

I've got one as a print server

Yeah mean, because it has no excuse to be. Fuck I web surf from a 2 GHz M with XP MCE on it just fine and I don't have to gimp myself for it.

Pentium Ds are dual-core, they're literally just a pair of prescott/cedar mill dies sharing a single package.

>infowars
Terminate yourself pls

you first globalist cuck

He's still using P4 because it does not have fluoridated government spy firmware

>it does not have fluoridated government spy firmware
But will it turn frogs gay?

No. It's made of the most natural iodine from natural gas wells. It's not the NWO approved ocean iodine.

It also boosts your testosterone for male vitality.