Nokia Wants To Make Its Android Phones The New Nexus Phones

Will Nokia make Android great again?

knowyourmobile.com/mobile-phones/nokia-8/24138/nokia-wants-make-its-android-phones-new-nexus-phones

>Google’s Nexus line of phones is now dead. But Nokia, under the stewardship of HMD Global, could well bring back elements of what made Google’s Nexus phones so popular with users. Things like stock Android, fast updates and competitive pricing.

>In a recent release, HMD noted it is putting in place a new strategic partnership with Google and Foxconn to further its gains in the mobile space during 2017/18.

>“Most of the smartphones in the market do not have the Android OS in the way it should be,” said HMD Global’s vice president for the Middle East and North Africa Per Ekman.

>“Vendors are adding a skin on top of the OS. Consumers have the right to have the latest version of the OS, and we will be pushing the latest version and the patches as soon as it is available from Google.”

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0M3Budnl3aI
youtube.com/watch?v=1DpFHV5UY3c
phonearena.com/news/Nokia-3-TA-1038-is-certified-by-the-FCC_id92167
nokiapoweruser.com/nokia-5-passes-fcc-bluetooth-certifications/
gsmarena.com/alleged_nokia_6_gets_fcc_certified-news-24044.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>"""Nokia"""

Literally rebadged chink shit at this point

>chink shit
>from a Finnish company

>he doesn't know

>pls tell me

>you were already told

Chinese company HMD Global bought the Nokia brand. The finnish company has nothing to do with the phones anymore.

Nokia will always be a failure.

The reason people bought Nokia in the past, the reason for its popularity, was that it was a bulky sturdy phone that was reliable and which focused on longevity.

If Nokia ever went back to their original design philosophy that made them their reputation and made them relevant, and tackled that niche, they would be successful.
That means:
1. Thick phone
2. Sturdy phone
3. Quantity (lots of battery and SD cards and dual SIM, in that thicc)

This is what Nokia was when it was at its best,
and this is what it should be now if it wants to be successful as a Nokia brand.
The demand is there, it only requires someone to meet it.

They won't be the new Nexus devices unless they have bootloader unlocks.

>Is this autism

*Finnish company
>Led by former Nokia employees
>Company HQ in Finland
>phones designed in Finland and built in India

Fucking moron hmd is Finnish run by ex Nokia people

Foxconn only manufactures the phones (and like every other electronic in the existence of the earth)

You know why it can't be chink shit? Because the design doesn't make you wanna regurgitate your lunch and the rom isn't some bloated iOS knockoff

Check out the tear down, this SHIT IS BUILT LIKE A BRICK youtu.be/0M3Budnl3aI

They're doing that, I assure you

Just release the Nokia 6 in Europe already you cucks

>and built in India

Worse than chink shit then

Release in May is what I keep hearing. I'll probably sell my Moto G5 for a Nokia 5 or 6 then.

It's not even up for pre-order at any retailers yet. You can only pre-order the meme phone 3310 here in Sweden.

Even Apple is starting to manufacture iPhones in India

If Nokia releases a thicc smartphone with over 6000mha of batteries in it,
i'll gift my LG away instantly and buy it.

>Will Nokia make Android great again?
Only if it has solid custom ROM support, I got a Oneplus 3 because of the custom ROM support but I'd buy a Nokia in a heartbeat because I want a smaller screen phone and I don't give a shit about having the latest and greatest specs.

For me, the selling point could be the fact that the Android on the new Nokia smartphones is free from Google shit. But apparently they are partnering with Google to bring this shit to their devices.

Still, imo if they make sturdy phones with good batteries, they could gain a decent position in the market.

Android is already great, but i hope Nokia will produce good hardware to make it even a better solution for mobile

>we want the Nexus audience
>hardware buttons
How can you fuck it up so fundamentally?

>Only if it has solid custom ROM support
Welcome to 2017, nobody gives a fuck about custom ROMs anymore. Even just rooting is uncommon these days.

And I should give a shit about what's common or not... why, exactly?

Disable them then you sperg nigger. I happen to like them.

Why wouldn't you have hardware buttons? It's much better than having software buttons that takes up screen real estate. The Oneplus 3 does it the best, just have two small dots where the hardware buttons are and you can choose between on screen or hardware buttons and reconfigure the hardware buttons however you like.

what isn't great is how short the software support is with android phones. Most phones only get 0-1 major version updates. And the manufacturers take months to release the update for their phones. Nougat was released on August 2016 and many phones are only just recently beginning to receive it.

Meanwhile Apple is still updating the iPhone 5 from 2012

And how many people do you think give a shit about the "pure Android experience" outside of some autists on tech enthusiast websites?

You said that Nokia had to cater to customfags to succeed, which is factually wrong because Android users give less and less of a shit about it.

The fingerprint reader is front-mounted so might as well have hardware buttons when there's space for them on the bezel. That's what Motorola should have done. Makes no sense to have onscreen buttons taking screen estate and with the FP reader making the bezels thicker. Worst of both worlds.

With how popular Oneplus phones are, no, not really. No shit it's going to be less and less popular when there's only one company that doesn't actively try to fuck people over for wanting to have full control over their phone.

I can agree with the fact that if you're gonna be dumb enough to put the fingerprint reader on the front you might as well go balls deep with hardware button but it's still dumb.
Only phone that does it right is Huawei's P10. There's only a front-mounter fingerprint reader but no hardware keys at all. The back/home/recent functionality is accessed by holding or swiping the fingerprint sensor. I'd buy it if Huawei's rom wasn't so fucking horrible.

Oneplus phones aren't as popular as you're implying, and whatever popularity they have comes only from the pricing.

>>stock Android
>>fast updates
>what is Wileyfox

>fast updates
has any of the Wileyfox phones received Nougat yet?

>EsPOO
>phones built in India

What did they mean by this?

after they've laid off everybody I'm sure they'll come up with something chinky

FUCK YEAH

THANK YOU BASED FINLAND

For indian market and even that's because they wanted wring back indian middle class from the tyranny of Xiaomeme and Oneplus

It won't be exported. Even if they are it's only going to be for that particular region (other shitholes like Pakistan and Bangladesh)

#9 takes it in the ass and enjoys it

Polina is the only cute one

Why are shills so eager to create the false impression that HMD is not a Finnish company?

What do they fear?

She's Russian by her name

is that why they have huge bezels?

What the fuck is this retard talking abiut?Y Nexus 6p is the best phone I've ever owned

:3

It's also the last Nexus phone

>Nokia 6
costs almost the same as Oneplus 3 here, it's durability is it's main selling point?

Official retail prices will be
Nokia 3 - 139€
Nokia 5 - 189€
Nokia 6 - 229€
Nokia 6 Arte Black - 299€

There is no such thing as "russian name", it's slavic name, furthermore russians are mongols basically.

no news on the nokia 8 and 9?

>229€

sadly, it costs around 360€ here

There's 2 kinds of smartphones i would expect from the old true-to-its-roots Nokia to make:
1. A fat sturdy motherfucker which gives a middle finger to the thin fad and gives me 2 batteries (or 1 extra thick battery) in it.
2. The same as the above, but with a slide-out keyboard.

And both run latest Sailfish.

That's because the only place the phone has been officially released so far is China. Any phone on sale outside China has been imported by resellers.

>NINETEEN SCREWS
>that sexy metal plate inside the phone

they don't want to go bankrupt again.

>Android
>free from Google shit

just give me a stock android without bloatware, 5"-ish OLED display, decent 14nm processor like snapdragon 625, enough RAM, enough battery life, USB-C, SD-card slot and I'm sold

wtf HTC is the best though

Moto Z Play

>Implying Android wasn't already great on Nexus phones

They have their work cut out for them. They'll have issues preventing themselves from fucking with the UI and trying to reinvent the wheel instead of just putting stock Android on their hardware and calling it a day.

But I'd love to see Nokia Android phone was being successful

THIS

I've had mine since November and I love it

>Implying Android wasn't already great on Nexus phones

I wasn't implying that. What I meant is now that the Nexus-line of phones has been discontinued there isn't any phone that has stock Android, fast updates and competitive pricing. The only new phone that's receiving updates straight after Google releases them is the Pixel which is +$600. Even phones that have near stock android such as the Motorola and Oneplus phones take months to receive the latest update.

> just putting stock Android on their hardware and calling it a day

that's exactly what they're promising to do.

>just take up screen real estate with the huge bezels that have to accommodate hardware buttons instead.

Why won't they remake this with modern specs?

All that extra screen space from leaving out hardware buttons!

sup

>He doesn't want notifictaion leds button
youtube.com/watch?v=1DpFHV5UY3c
It's one of my favorite shit about Android, one of few legit justification for hardware button.

The pixel was a retarded design, not surprising since it was HTC that designed it to look like an iPhone clone. Chinks can't help but to steal apple designs. Nexus 6p was the last great design for Google.

this

This.

A katillon times this.

I have a 6P, and I love it.

Dodged a bullet by not getting the Pixel, because I my boss asked me what I wanted and I just responded "6P" because I wasn't sure what the Pixels looked like.

Will Nokia 3 be as durable as Nokia 6?

>no band 12

DROPPED

It will have B12, they're launching it in the US too.

not according to gsmarena, where are you seeing this?

What's listed on gsmarena is most likely the Global / EU variant. The US version will support different bands.
phonearena.com/news/Nokia-3-TA-1038-is-certified-by-the-FCC_id92167
nokiapoweruser.com/nokia-5-passes-fcc-bluetooth-certifications/
gsmarena.com/alleged_nokia_6_gets_fcc_certified-news-24044.php

Android doesn't work well with keyboards and people aren't willing to pay extra for a keyboard

>Android doesn't work well with keyboard
why's that? I've used a PC keyboard with my tablet using a USB OTG adapter and everything was working fine.

>two 4gs

>what is a dual sim phone

Will the Nokia 3 or 5 be an upgrade or downgrade from my Nexus 5?

the nokia phones are looking breddy gud so far, might grab one at some point in the future. I'm happy with my Mi Max atm tho and not sure if I want anything less than 6" now.

Nah you're retarded. Actual buttons are better than silly unreliable motions.

People have not dropped the idea that made in China equals chinkphone. Despite everyone bar lg and samsung doing the same.

Are you retarted? Dual SIM phones have two signal bars for each SIM. This one is obviously running on a single SIM and displaying a duplicate data indicator.

HMD is no different from the other OEMs and just couldn't keep their hands from messing with the already perfect Android status bar.

Where can I buy one?

It's only out in China. Worldwide launch is in May.