I want to become a desktop developer, and code cross-platform applications. Should I choose C++ + QT or Java...

I want to become a desktop developer, and code cross-platform applications. Should I choose C++ + QT or Java? I was thinking about Java, but most popular framework is for connecting to databases. What language should I choose to code for desktops in work?

C#. As open as Java, as fast as C++ and better than both.

I mean C# is a good choice but
> As open as Java, as fast as C++
how can you even say shit like that

C#, but you can also try python, the kivy library is an awesome cross platform framework it's easy to learn and easy to use.

JavaScript + electron is the way to go now kiddo

If you need to make this application quickley and user expierience doesn’t matter all that much go with Java. If your willing to invest time and the app requires a snappy iterface go with qt.

>kivy
Nice in concept, totally retarded in execution. It's literally all the mistakes of Qt, Swing and JavaFx combined into a single product.

>as fast as C++
found the microsoft shill

if you want desktop applications C++/Qt is a better option
have you ever used eclipse? it's a disaster

lol

I 've used and agree. Why C++ with QT is better than Java with JavaFX?

Java GUI is miles easier than C++ with QT. Everything is better when you can use something built in a language instead of scrambling through libraries. Plus, java is the first language when it comes to
>cross platform

When was last time you've installed a desktop app? Steam/browsers doesn't count.

Go to webdev instead

PS: Electron does that and is the new thing (Look up on Visual Studio Code)

c++. ignore the faggots saying electron. that shit will give you cancer, especially in debugging.

this, but only if you're doing a simple app.

don't be retarded and try to make a text editor on it

>using java for desktop programs
yeah sure

visual studio code seems to work pretty well

>falling for the meme

Good job being unemployed forever

more like barely

C++ is cross platform mostly in that you have to write everything yourself for every different platform.

C++ and Qt is the way to go. supports pretty much every platform under the sun and runs blazing fast. its also easy to use.

and once you know C++ well, everything else is easy to learn, so no problem getting a job.

* Java makes absolute shit tier desktop applications. Slow with a gross, non-native UI. Avoid.

* C# is not a viable cross platform GUI solution. It does have decent performance but is not as fast as C++.

* C++/Qt is decent but Qt licensing/price options suck.

* Take a look at Xojo. Very cost effective, good performance, native UI on each platform.

>Hey user, want to never work a day in your life and be an unemployable sack of shit
>Learn Xojo!!!

ffs