Ryzen 5 Release Thread

Who here watching as the reviews come out? There's only a few so far and it's a bit of a mixed bag.

Other urls found in this thread:

servethehome.com/amd-ryzen-5-1600-linux-benchmarks-and-review-we-like-this-one/
videocardz.com/68282/amd-ryzen-5-review-roundup
computerbase.de/2017-04/amd-ryzen-5-test/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Isn't it a strange coincidence that all the reviews came out at the same time?

>what is an embargo

It's another AMD disaster. AMD can't compete with the it in games.

Hitman benchmarks.

Failzen keep failing this is hard to watch. It was suppose to be messaiah of procesors that will free us from jewish intel but in reality its just repeat of piledriver meh tier cpu technologically 3 years behind competition. Intel can sleep soundly and keep puting glue under ihs and keep making 4 core cpu's for the next 10 years.

ANOTHER
MASSIVE
DISSAPOINTMENT

It's in about the right place for price/performance, but is still dissapointing that AMD wasn't able to bring anything really new to the performance game.

DELETE THIS

Looking forward to another two days of nonstop "Ryzen sucks at games" ruining Sup Forums just like when r7 launched? Intel shills going to be out in full force again.

GTAV

>pverclocked r5 has the same performance as a locked i5

without needing an overclocking board and faster ram is the i5 7500/6500 the best bang for the buck processor?

>right place for price/performance
it isn't
faster entails cost less
zen is only competitive if you do serious multitasking as sad as it is
4 core intel will still be better for 90% of users

>Reality is shilling

why is the 6700k performing better than the 7700k?

msut be margin of error

Spamming 20 new threads an hour to generate as much negative hype/deflection is shilling.

Who the fuck is playing games with a CPU bottleneck in the first place?

Most normal people are contending with a gpu bottleneck

I got my r7 1700 the other day, upgrading from a 2500k. And the first handbrake encode I did made it entirely worth buying desu

Skylake and Kaby Lake are literally the same (1% margin) clock for clock.

>Look at this games that work worse on Ryzen
>Ignore this that work better on Ryzen

Oh no, it's not shilling at all.

Just gonna dump all of Guru3D's benchmarks.

R5 1600x power consumption to begin.

So the consensus for the Ryzen 5 seems to be pretty good for gaming and doing solid workload. There is really no point of getting no i3 or i5 as of now.

1500x power consumption

Depends.

Technically the G4560 is the best price/perf, it's just that to most people it would be worth paying 4x as much for a cpu that gives 2-3x the performance.

For current-gen gaming, a locked i5 is probably a better choice over the r5.

Going forward for the next few years, it's quite possible the r5 4/8 or 6/12 configuration will take a lead over the i5, but this is admittedly speculation.

WHY CANT WE WIN FOR ONCE BROS?

1600x load temps
It is worth mentioning that all "X" branded Ryzen parts have a +20*C Offset for temperature monitoring which should allow for finer system control and XFR boosts.

Just Waitâ„¢ for Vega

1500x load temps

WHERE IS 1600 REVIEW?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Skipping individual CPUz results, as they're included in this anyway.

>tfw I fell for the Bulldozer meme and the APU meme

Not gonna trick me again AMD

please explain where you buy black market entails that can beat this performance for the price

Most reviews are up now.

>That 1500x
God damn!
Now I'm confuse to choose between 1600 and 1500x.

Any suggestion, Sup Forums?

servethehome.com/amd-ryzen-5-1600-linux-benchmarks-and-review-we-like-this-one/
servethehome review

b-b-but ryzen sucks for gaming!

What site is this?

Why is Intel so fucking shit?

videocardz.com/68282/amd-ryzen-5-review-roundup

At this point it should be noted that Guru3D do not currently have access to a 7700k sample. But you should be able to fill in the gaps by looking at other results.

Where is muh 1600?
I don't need OC CPU.

Retarded benchmarks.

>no i7 comparison
The Civ series has always been CPU-bound at late-game. Apparently VI likes threads.

Ryzen 5 is shit. Anyone doing serious mutli threaded work is getting a Ryzen 7, and Intel outperforms it in non heavily multi thread things.

OY VEY DELID THIS GOYIM, INTEL IS #1

I don't need fake intel $1200 workstation CPU
I just need fake consumer i7 CPU for home producing.

Assume between the 1500x and 1600x.

(you)

computerbase.de/2017-04/amd-ryzen-5-test/

it's all in nazi tho.

where are the i5s eggman

you said there would be i5s

Yeah, but 1600 got lower single clock speed than 1600X and 1500X, but more cores than 1500X

if you only youse your pc for synthetic benchmarks than nowhere for average user cheaper i5 7400/7500 will be much better

Not everyone can afford expensive CPUs, user.

It's true though. Anyone doing actual work can afford Ryzen 7. The 1700 is the only Ryzen CPU worth buying.

Cinebench R15 is an amdrone favorite game

Feel free to check other benchmarks.
Just dumping these here because why not?

It seems that Guru3D didn't get sent a 1600. Or 1500/1400 for that matter.

>cheaper i5 7400
Not him, but there was a video that showing 1400 is on par with 7400.
But if you an intelfan then just get 7400.

>intlel shill

The Ryzen 5 1500 is slower than a 6 year old i7-2600K in games.
How can AMD shills defend that shit?

>games

>Telling people to buy 1700 rather than this garbage for actual work is Intel shilling
Deluded as fuck.

Really, atm Ryzens downfall is the RAM compatability, and the need to have high clocked RAM.
As long as Ryzen doesn't support hynix ram, it won't be THAT great.

Looking a bit, but I'm pretty sceptic about many of the channels.
I know that Linus compared quicksync hardware encoding to x264 software encoding, and figured that 7700K and 1800x could stream just about as well.

Then you had GamersNexus who was so much about seeing how many fps could possibly be cramped out, by running potato graphics benchmarks.

Ryzen has problems with hitting really high fps, due to the ping between the CCXs. If the work package is very small, it won't cram out as much "performance". But if the workload package is large, the ping won't really affect the "performance" that much.

How is it failing?
It's good performance for a good price.

Average frames don't even tell all that much about the performance, as having many sky rocketing of the FPS doesn't make it any more smooth or play better. What matters is to have high 0.1% and 1% lows.

So if looking at 1600X OC perform about as well as 7600K overclocked.

Since fucking when did "computer enthusiast" become whiny little kids who only want high fps spikes in games?
Do you all buy pre-built computers now?

easy, it's not.

DANKE!
Looks like 1600 is in great spot, now to choose the mobo.

By posting real language benchmarks you shit eating kraut

that's 1400

Pro tip. 1600 can overclock, getting good enough mobo to OC even by .2Ghz will give it great boost.

Fail zen worse than fx 8350

Not entirely;
Already in 2 content creation benchmarks, as provided by Guru3D, the 1600x seems a little ahead of the 7700k.
No one is going to argue that the R5/7 games are superior in games, no one with half a mind was doing that in the first place. The odd blind fanboy here and there, sure.

From the earlier CPUz numbers, the 1600x looks near as no different to a 7700k, and has 2 extra cores, 4 extra threads. So it puts up a good fight.

NNNNOOOO BUY THE INTEL INSTEAD, LOOK GOYIM MORE FPS

Or fucking not?
If it's actual work hardware, you want to keep your warranty, which means you don't want to over-clock and void your warranty.

You're deluded.
1700 is the chip you should buy if you want to stream, or do hobby "work".

If you actually intend it for work, you should get 1800x.
It's more stable, performs better than longevity overclocked 1700 (vcore below 1.375), and you won't void your warranty.

>kurwaspeek
now in english pajeet

At least this launch isn't as annoying and delusional as the 8 core one. Fucking hell you subhumans need to know your place.

>1700 is above 1700X

nVidia dx12 wrapper is really something, isn't it?

>subhumans need to know your place.
likewise now back to the containment board

>one game
>"in games"
what does it take to be an intel fanboy? down syndrome?

I know, I'm just not an OC person, that's why the X variant with no fan is kinda a deal breaker for me.
Got i3 sandy when it first came out from you guys because back then more cores meant nothing, it finally the time to bury this piece of shit.
This current years I really need more cores, but i7 is just too much for me.

whatever, goyim

>Ryzen 5 is shit
Intel is worse than shit in literally everything except a few gayms

You'd be a compete retard to buy 7700K for work.
You really shouldn't buy entry or medium level hardware if you actually work with video rendering, or own a company that does it.

1800x is the ONLY option a company should consider though, when it comes to work.
Not worth the extra amount of money on a i7-6950x for the tiny tiny performance gain.

>games
>good benchmarks
wew what were you expecting

Any reviewer that tested the 1600 and didn't use the Asus MB?

If all you care about gaming performance, you should be at not at

Any reviews for linux ? I never use windows and I don't think I should consider windows benchmark since this OS seems to have issues that linux do not have with ryzen

Depends entirely on the work.
The 7700k is very strong, the single threaded performance advantage carries it nicely, as does the presence of HT, so it's ok for livestreamers or youtubers and the like. Not the best you could get, but it's hardly lacking too much.