What's your favorite RAM brand, Sup Forums? I've always used Kingston, but shit's overpriced as fuck...

What's your favorite RAM brand, Sup Forums? I've always used Kingston, but shit's overpriced as fuck. How's Corsair and GSKILL, are they worth it?

Also, why does Corsair RAM sticks look like absolute shit, while GSKILL sticks look like ricer shit? Are they just incapable of producing simple good looking dissipators? Fucking hell.

I remember once buying Corsair and testing it and got like scored 6 on windows mark, bought same speed gskill sniper and got 8.

After then I it buy gskill.

There all the same anyways, the ram chips are made by micron in most brands

it pretty much does not matter at all unless you are doing nothing but encoding or something

How come there's such a big price difference then, is it just brand premium? Because other than RAM, I actually have Corsair in pretty good standing, and yet, they're much cheaper than Kingston.

I mean if you're so concerned about it just don't buy TridentZs, the ripjaws V looks fine desu

Also FWIW i think the gskill chips are made by hynix, the TridentZs anyways, i love mine, then again i kinda like a few touches of the aggressive look. Not the whole thing though

Yes

Each brand has their own binning process and style of spreader. I like corsair because its spreader is simple but also perfect for my god damn humongous ham fists to hold

Dual rank vs single rank probably

That or Corsair memed on the cas timings, they liked advertising shit like 16-18-18 as CAS 16

I've done 3 builds with G.skill and haven't had a problem. They look ricey, but if you ignore the looks (Sup Forums is good at doing that, right?) then you get good performance and generally good reliability for a good price.

binning and customer support mostly.

>Sup Forums is good at that aren't they

Not..... Really....

This, when it comes to ram I always buy the cheapest used amount of ram I need.

Yes, that's the joke. Congrats.

Kingston is the best. Best QC, most responsive support. Don't buy the hear spreader shit. Buy Kingston valuram. It's seriously the best

Crucial because my RAM doesn't need stupid heatsinks and LEDs.

Corsair makes mp3's sound so much better.

I usually go Kingston because I don't need no stupid looking heatsinks since I don't overclock anyways.
Mushkin has served me pretty good too.

Crucial

>favorite RAM brands

Corsair
crucical
SK hynix (anybrand that uses it even a no brand)
Namia
Patirot
And if i want to be cheap
Transend (for laptops)

I only every got kington for AMD because intel boards are often too picky with kingston memory but i don't like them anyway because they are usually got the rudest support helpdesk uggggh

I don't buy the new brand names onlyu these because i have a good history using them

Don't care, would do if Samsung made some more LVLP sticks.
Huge fucking heatsinks and LEDs with warning sheets that list minimum distance from objects are just disgusting and gaudy.

Pic related, sloppy timing on 1600MHz branded LVLP sticks.

>sort by lowest price
>pick first brand I've heard of
wew