Is python the best scripting language out there, or do better alternatives exist?

Is python the best scripting language out there, or do better alternatives exist?

Tcl is better.

Reminder that mods will delete this but ignore 90% of the weeb fucks that post cringey anime reaction images

you don't say

Waiting for Nim to come out. Looks as comfy as python and performance is native

good

>waaah, mods don't bullly

>Mods will ban a symbol of a fascist, anti-Semitic, homophobic regime posted on a technology board
Suck my dick Nazis. You got your asses pounded in WW2 and you'll get them pounded again

>tfw Sup Forums wasted all of it's top numerologists and kek magic getting an orange jewish puppet elected

This is a blue board, you fucking asshole. Delete this right now.

There's Edgy Lang

Reminder that in the 40s every country was racist and homophobic not only Germany and there's nothing wrong with being fascist.

>2017
>Living in Jewmerica

>Reminder that in the 40s every country was racist and homophobic not only Germany and there's nothing wrong with being fascist.

This^

Ignoring OP's autism, can someone answer the question?

Python was the first interpreted language I really got into. However, coming from a C++ background, I found Ruby to be more my style. They're both good though. I wouldn't necessarily recommend one over the other without knowing more about the individual I am speaking to. Python is a little more rigid. Ruby is more flexible. This can be either a good or a bad thing depending on circumstances and preferences.

yes

Ok, go ahead. Answer it.

okay

Right now.

OK, ready? Go!

>shilling Go itt

No I mean 'Go' as in start

terrible langs thread?

>Is python the best scripting language out there
Yes. The very fact that it triggers a lot of the dipshits here is proof enough that it is the best scripting language.

Ruby

No love for BASH?

BASH is TRASH

I WILL SHIT IN YOUR WHORE MOUTH

I was using Bash (well, Zsh really) for a long while, but I started to find more and more that Ruby was easier to use for almost everything. Even if I wanted to run a shell command from within Ruby it's as easy as just enclosing it in backticks. However, that's bad practice especiially since there are equivalent tools to do almost everything that you would normally do from a shell script. instead of using awk to select things by column, you use split. Instead of grep you can index a string with a regular expression. Instead of sed you use gsub. etc...

The main area where shell scripting shows it's weakness is with mathematical operations, especially those involving decimal places. It's also overall an eye sore and not easy to read even if you know what everything does.

OP here. Sorry you were too stupid to get the joke.

Reminder you're what's wrong with this country and you should move to Germany or Canada if you can't stand a symbol that's hardly even related to the infamous war criminal.

>closing if statements with fi
could they have chosen anything faggier?

In general? Yes. It covers the territory that Bash scripts can't reach, but it SHOULD NOT BE USED FOR HEAVY COMPUTATION
EVER

also Powershell is more useful on windows if you need to interact with services

>Being this much of a cocksucking faggot

Where else live? Europestan? Chinkland?

go to reddit if you want mods to protect your precious feelings