>0 matches

guts thread, post your guts here

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/product/g9rcCJ/cooler-master-case-rc912kkn1gp
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no

why?

Nice cable tie.

that case is a literal nightmare, my only options to save space would be cutting away the psu cables I don't use and isolating them with electric tape, and sawing off all the metal that I don't need

Kay

nice, why the psu fan is turned to the inside of the case tho?

I live in an area dustier than the balls of a 40 year old virgin, the air inside the case isn't laced with sandy dunes and hellbourne dust-bunnies.

My bad had to fix orientation data.

I really love this computer. After being suck in a NZXT phantom from 2010 that was falling apart the new case almost all new parts is really pleasing to look at.

oh hell yeah early
how long do I have to wait for the good Ryzen motherboards? give recommendations pls

>r7 1700
>16gb 2400mhz
rx 480 8gb

what was your previous cpu user?

fx 8320

I put it to sleep last week.

are you overclocking your ryzen?
what do you do on your computer?
how is the performance difference before and now?

spaghett

Cable management in a mATX is a pain.

sorry for all the questions too, I'm still rocking a a8-6600k since late 2013 and can only dream about this kind of performance

AMD leave stop trying to data mine for your product

I got a stable 3.5ghz without changing the voltage, I rendering, light gaming. FX seems like ancient tech now big difference.

sexy
specs?

>FX seems like ancient tech NOW
dude it was ancient when it came out

nice, thanks for the answers user!

not for video rendering.

Cinebench scores aren't video rendering times
My 4790k outperformed the 8350 in premiere rendering

>this 4c/8t cpu from 201X that's still comparable with today's high end offers is better than this other cpu with 8 strangely built modules

who could've told huh

>It's good for video rendering
>Turns out it's beat by a processor with lower cores
Wow your sarcasm is garbage

never said they were?

>leaving the sticker on
What the actual fuck?

fun fact, the fx series is built in a fucked up way, it's not 8 real cores at all

>It wasn't ancient for video rendering
>provides picture of cinebench score
ok

I wasn't replying to you...

>I wasn't replying to you
>Was replying to me
fucking idiot

What's that case? I love it, looks pretty cool

Gotta be a samefag
looks like shit

okay user

nope just different opinions

idk I like the position of the I/O i'd be perfect for what I want

parts on on the way, getting one of msi's pc mate motherboards with some grey crucial ram, shit is going to look so much better.

I like the color consistency, but your cables are ugly as fuck.

inwin 901
could i see yours?

Hi guys

if you are swapping cases any time soon, you should definitely go with pic related, it's not the best case in the world by any stretch of the imagination, but it will keep up with the aggressive red and black theme.

check them

or this with red LEDS

dude, for less than 25 dollars, you can get a case to put those parts in, or hell, go dumpster diving, gut an older workstation or home pc.

that and many In Win cases work too.

Surprisingly quiet too, especially with custom fan curves for GPU and silent mode enabled on case and CPU fans. Perfect audio production case.

i hate you niggers. :(
i live in a third world country and don't have money for such expensive pc parts

I suppose it's all relative but I was pretty strapped for cash for most of my life until recently. I rocked an Athlon 6400+ for too long.

>same exact font rendering and around the same sized image
holy shit it actually was a samefag and you inspect element lol

I will take a new picture soon, promise.

>4 cores 8 threads
>tfw only 4 cores without threads

feelsbadman

wow, windows has the same font rendering!

I really really want a modern case with top mounted PSU orientation. I don't know why, but I do. I'm about to buy a cheap $30 too mount case, sound dampen it myself, and make it my main PC. I mean I love my R5, but man top mounted cases are really cool.

>top mounted cases are really cool.
what so cool about it?

>6pin rx480

Living dangerously.

I honestly couldn't tell you. They just look comfy. I'm seriously 100% about to sell my full ATX board and buy an matx z170 just so I can put it into pic related. (Fractal core 1000)

The case is like $40 and I love it. Pic is a random build in the case I pulled off Google.

>All windows has the same font rendering
lol youre digging yourself a deeper hole

post your guts i want to see

Kill yourself, you dumb fucking shit smear.

What are you talking about?

Pretty shit comeback

Better than yours bud

Children, get along, or no snack time. Can't we all just post our autism boxes in peace?
Very nice by the way. How does SLI scaling work for your 980ti's? I have a single 980ti classified. Was debating about another.

I like it, btw where do you get those plastic clips? You can see i need them.

Never had a single problem with SLI scaling really. Before in Dark souls 3 at 4k I would get 40 ish FPS but it's a constant 60 now both GPUs only at 60-80%. No microstuttering or any of the issues people always complain about when calling SLI a meme.
You can custom order them from cable website I'm pretty sure, a friend gave them to me

looks really similar to this

That build was my entire inspiration basically, I just chose a different CPU cooler (which I don't like as much as the h110), different case, and stupidly went dual channel instead of quad. My fans are pretty bad too

Ahhh man Sup Forums. I wanna build a custom loop again. I got the itch. No not the one on my balls, but the builder's itch. My last custom water loop was pic related and an fx-9370 overclock to 5.4ghz. Wish I kept pictures of the thing.

I have a 980ti classified though and blocks are nowhere to be seen for it. Not anymore. Maybe this is my excuse to push up to a 1080?

shithawk

reportin

hey I've got that one

not trying to be an edgelord on purpose with the red and black, just seemed like a really neat case and the other color combinations looked retarded

it was the first PC I ever built and I know I fucked up with the power supply, literally thought it was the least important thing in the computer

super classy
>16.0 Dual-Channel Unknown
>only 1 dimm visible
teach me the dark arts

you don't have to justify taste, that psu though.

Just saw a haf 912 on pcpp in case any of you you wanted this hella tyte case from 2010
pcpartpicker.com/product/g9rcCJ/cooler-master-case-rc912kkn1gp

Waiting patiently for my Zen shit.

Will be awsome to run AMD again :)

I ran a socket 939 Opteron 175 @ 3.2ghz which equalled a AM2 6400+ (same exact k8 arcitecture, just am2 had ddr2 memory). Had it from 2006 to late 2009, held up pretty good 'till then but was sure nice to upgrade. Struggled with the newer games.

Had it not been for gaming, I probably could have ran it for years longer.

Ryzen master-race reporting in.

1700 @ 3.6ghz/1.166v.

Is that the only way you can mount your cooler? Only shitty thing about AM sockets if your cooler doesn't account for it.

I like to think I got every last penny out of my 6400, really abused the shit out of that processor. It was so weird to make the switch to Intel / nvidia for the first time. I felt like I was damaging the CPU by closing the CPU bracket.

Totally worth it for the stuff it do now :)

Did you overclock your 6400+?

I could mount my cooler "the right way" if I wanted too, I just never pay attention to that stuff when I put the shit together..

I'll tell you, the old style of pins on the cpu is FAR superior to the lga bullshit intel started. You mess up a single fucking pin in the motherboard socket, and you're probably fucked.
Bend 20 pins on the cpu, just straighten them out..

Here is my old trysty 939 rig ;)

Got a pic of the am2?

Woah, shit. Watercooled son? I don't have any guts unfortunately but this was my setup. I did overclock the 6400+ but I can't remember the mileage I was able to get from it. I've still got the same monitor.

The Opteron 175 is 2.2ghz stock, only the best 939 chips actually did 3.2ghz, even 3ghz was pretty badass in those days.. Watercooling was a necessity to reach those speeds as voltage had to be pretty high.

But yeah, looks came second to performance back then :P It got quite a few stares and questions at the big lan parties..

I remember being dissapointed that the x2 5000+ and up didn't get released for 939, as the only difference was the ddr2 memory controller. And buying a whole new system for the same arcitecture was out of the question..

Too bad Phenom performed so poorly. They really missed out on the market, even in the hight of 939/940 many chose Pentium 4 based platforms as AMD couldn't keep up with the demand. I guess they weren't prepared for the success of the k8 arcitecture.
Since socket 939 AMD never really had anything to even compete.. Until now that is :)

Is that an Antec case? I had the 1200 model for a while. those internal HD mounts give me ptsd to this day.

>They just look comfy

ur a meme son

Custom sleeved PSU cables could help solving your bad cable management

very clean, good job man

Why would I bother when I don't have a modular power supply or a window?

Personally I didn't feel like there was much performance difference between the Phenom and FX series but I thought the Phenoms were pretty reliable. My grandmothers computer is still rocking my old 6400+ but it's showing it's age now especially because she's gotten used to chrome.

That case is unwieldy for sure. Crazy how we can fit all that now in a smaller space without extra BS.

That's an Antec 300. I've had it for ages and it only cost me 60 bucks at the time and I've still got it running as a server cab.

nobody said you should bother, i gave just a tip

The Phenom2 line was ok, the first Phenoms fucking sucked. They had some kind of arcitectural bug that made them perform like shit and they couldn't overclock worth a damn.
One of my friends bought it when it first came out, and man he wasn't happy :P

When I finally got some money and upgraded in 2009, I went with a Athlon2 x2 250 at first with a cheap ass gigabyte 770 am2+ mobo (did overclock pretty good tho I have to say, it was on air)
Pic related.

However it still struggled with alot of games, so I weren't impressed.

Sold the 250 and got a Phenom2 x4 965 soon after that did 4.1ghz on water, which ran all games pretty well.

Then I took a trip to my home town early 2010, and didn't bring my pc.. Of course I only held out for a week without before I went out and got a cheap used 775 p45 board with a e7500 that overclocked to 4ghz on air, and it curbstomped my x4 965 in pretty much everything.

When I got home I sold the AM2+ stuff and got the i7 platform, haven't touched AMD since.

But I'm looking forward to getting my hands on Zen! Its been too long, AMD.

Nice man. Yeah Zen looks promising. I think it's really competitive and I don't really take sides for AMD or Intel, both have treated me well.

I've got my 7700k at 4.8 right now. Not sure if it's the silicon lottery but I was able to get it to 5.0 GHz no problem at 1.3 vcore, but I might need to do some tweaking. BF1 runs for a bit then I get blue screens. I'm not sure if it's also the XMP on my memory that I need to downclock a bit, right now it's running at 3200.

What a coincidence I just found this thread.
I have been working on and adding some stuff to my machine recently and today a new cpu cooler was supposed to arrive. Fucks at delivery of course didn't, otherwise the thing would already be put shut. The whole thing is just over a year old, built the best rig on a budget back then. Cables usually don't look like that, it's from me messing around with stuff.

Why is your PC in jail user?

Didn't behave, baby.

What is cable management?
What is cleaning dust?

I haven't tried sky/kaby lake, but I needed to bump up the cache volt and memory controller volt (called system agent voltage usually) on the haswell system I had to get high cpu and mem oc stable.
Give that a try.

What is flipping an image the correct way around?

I think I have another pic of this rig saved on my desktop. Very pretty indeed.

Pic related is mine.

don't play many games? anyways nice budget shitposting machine.