Why does hardware industry cuck us all over?

>tl;dr help me understand why so many of you like being fucked in the ass by companies, that don't give a shit about you.

Let's try, for one, an objective and reasonable discussion on this board without shilling. There are other threads for that.

For literally a decade, intel hasn't moved from 4 core processors and AMD has been trying since the Bulldozer failure to recover, which it seems to have managed quite well.

If AMD could manage, what's stopped a change in Intel from i3 becoming i5's (4 physical cores, no HT), i5's turning into i7's (4 core + HT) and i7's being 6/8 cores (with and/or without HT depending on what they do)

Nvidia recently did a double-cuck, fucking over the Pascal Titan owners with the 1080Ti and then again, with the NEW Titan XP

Meanwhile, there's lots of speculation about the new lineup from AMD being able to manage anything on the upper end. I'd have loved to give them a shot (but ryzen wasn't out when I built my PC and the 480 wasn't high-end enough).

Yet we have so many rabid fanboys despite either company actively fucking you in the ass? They don't give anything back for your loyalty, they literally just grab your money and don't give a shit if you never buy from them again after.

So I ask, despite all the cucking that goes on, what leads people to defend companies so much? Is it so impossible to have purely objective views or am I just some autistic sociopath who is entirely out of touch with emotions here?

Just look at RAM and hard drive prices. What the fuck?

When will we sue these price manipulating cunts into the ground?

How about you just don't buy shit. Then you have to care about neither the companies nor the people who defend them.

There's an incredible amount of shit I don't buy every day. Billions of companies will rise and fall in my lifetime without any knowledge of their existence on my part. They don't give a shit about you? Return the favor.

Probably when (or if, ever) solid evidence can be found? HDD prices aren't that bad, last I checked though. RAM prices however, are pretty bad.

Sadly in order to have a computer, means to actually buy shit though. It's just hard to objectively see which one is better because some companies favour others so they optimize their shit better for that while not giving a shit about the other.

So while the other may be objectively better, it gets ruined by the fact that it isn't well (or at all) optimized for it.

T

Intel paid stores to not sell and to badmouth AMD in the early 2000s and they still owe them about $10 billion.

Samsung and Micron are colluding right now to fix RAM prices since no one else makes it. And they technically haven't done anything wrong since they're "playing nice" and nothing was written down to secure this type of agreement.

And look at hard drives, how much does a 2TB 7200 RPM drive cost among different brands? $60-$70, which isn't a coincidence.

It happens all the time, these guys just want to secure making a buck and getting shareholders' pockets filled, the consumer has no choice since you can't not have RAM and storage.

H

I

S

C

delete this

Sauce?

I have a computer and yet have no idea what the fuck you're talking about because it predates the "literally a decade" you mentioned. Plus you're talking about lots of individual hardware components and that carries the strong whiff of upgrading.

I'm so happy to have no fucking clue what you're talking about because I don't subject myself to it. It doesn't have to fucking matter.

And just like I can ignore you after this reply, you can ignore people who incessantly drone about Company XYZ too.

HE ASS WAS FAT

>$10 billion still owed
So that's why they jew all their customers out of everything possible.l That's a lot of money.

> how much does a 2TB 7200 RPM drive cost among different brands? $60-$70, which isn't a coincidence.

I'd have thought that it was more because so many of the parts would be so similar nowadays that they'd be cheap enough to mass produced and that was the 'level line' per-se.

Another Sup Forums post a few months ago. Sorry.

I built my PC about 8 months ago, pretty decent tier stuff for the most part I'd say but I suppose, it's more me being a slight frustrated as to why tech's come to a grinding stall on the CPU side (on the cores side and lack of software supporting over 4 cores [which is starting to pick up however]). Just one example, really.

I was about back in 2007 when the C2Q (core2quad) were the new thing and since, haven't really changed. Which is quite concerning really and honestly, it's nice to see ryzen bring 6+ cores to the main market.

C

ITT: Laments regarding capitalism.

Stop going crazy over incremental improvements in performance. Stop being blindly loyal to any company. All these companies pay a considerable amount of money to marketing agencies who come up with a campaign designed to make you fall for the hype. The campaign is meant to distract you, capture your attention, and separate you from your money. But distract you from what, exactly? Distract you from the fact that the performance increases are relatively slight.

So why the slight improvements? Companies have one purpose — make money so they can expand, make money for their shareholders, make money to lure new investors. Make money. They aren't interested in going from a Pentium directly to an i7. They want to carve you up very thinly. So they name their products sequentially. Why? Because you instinctively believe that a Pentium II is better than a Pentium I. A 1080 is better than a 980. The percentage of performance improvement you are willing to accept has been deeply studied by marketing agencies. They know you aren't willing to buy into the hype over a 2% increase. But you might buy the hype for 5% or 8%. Companies aren't interested in 5000% improvement levels when they can carve you up 8% at a time. That's capitalism. Stop buying the marketing bullshit. Demand bigger leaps in performance. Companies will respond by giving you what you are willing to pay for.

I do everything you're suggested
Still on my Xeon E3
Still on my GTX 960

But they still get away with it. Fuck free will and fuck capitalism, people are just too stupid to be let loose.

A hard drive is cheap to produce, but why sell it for less than the competition when they can all play nice and sell it a certain price?

Recent "gamer" trend help pushed that, how many meme tier "gaming" products did the IT consumer industry shat out since moba and shitty ecelebs took the gaming spotlights ? Gaming chairs, mics, kb/m ? Heck even drinks.

Stuck these shit into noob under 10yro kids they grow up fine swallowing future shilled products. Its not a overnight thing.

*prrrraaaap*

I'd like to think that I tend to 'go smart' with my spending, one of the main reasons I built this wholly new rig is because I moved country and it was begging for an upgrade. So I thought while here and with a decent paying job and low taxes/rent, may as well. I'm very thankful for the upgrade because it's amazballs compared to my old one. (Z68 Asus Crosshair IV, i5-2500k, 8GB DDR3, 560Ti and bunch of HDD's) now to (z270 Asus Prime-p (dem m2 slots tho), i5-6500, gtx1080, 16gb ddr4, m2 850evo, MX300 750GB etc)

Do mind, I'm no professional here. I just read reviews and base off of what my perception of 'good' is.

Also the problem is, even if I demand people to not to buy 'x' because it doesn't meet performance criteria, I'm no big name. Those who are a big name, is in thanks to the partnership with these companies so pretty much, they can't quite say it without risking their living, I guess?

Well, no really, why not? Jewish kike greed?

Oh fuck, to be fair, the whole 'gamer' thing has been about for a bit long but only got worse in recent times.

I remember when there was only dial-up internet. the first modem I had was a really expensive 1200 baud modem. I thought I was a bad-ass. Then, I had to have the fancy new 9600 baud modem. The thing was awesome. But then, 56k modems came out. I absolutely needed one from USRobotics. And then 1.5Mbps DSL came out. Wow, this was nitro. I signed up immediately. And then 5 Mbps cable came out. I jumped right in. Then 25 Mpbs cable was introduced. I subscribed. Then 35 came around. I signed up. Then it was 50. I grabbed it. Then it was 75. I had to have it. Soon it was 100. I needed it. Now its 150. Carve. Carve. Carve. Carve. For 30 years, I have been carved up.

I'd agree with a few of the jumps, 56k -> 1.5Mbps ->5Mbps -> 25Mbps -> 50 -> 100 is what I'd have done, probably.

I would pay a regrettable amount of money to see the tall one to sit on the little one's face