AMD Ryzen Part 2: 4-way Ryzen vs Intel: Double Blind Experiment (Part 2 of 3)

youtube.com/watch?v=ybF7r4rogHc

Guess what processor disappointed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L4K7eIEAJx0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Guess what disappointed?
Your mom's son?

>In GTAV, on system 1, it felt terrible, at some points the game hung up completely, it ruined the experience

>In Fallout4, on System 3, it did stutter, and there were even graphical glitches at 4k

>System 1;
>5960x

>System 3;
>7700k

>>In Fallout4,

Fallout 4 doesn't work at all.

>gaming has been done in 5 minute increments

fuck, why is it so hard to spend at least 30 minutes playing?

Because they don't have 50 people working for them who they can pay to play games for hours on end.

>professional journalism
>hey we skip investigation part because it takes time

and i'm talking not just about this channel, but in general tech journalism is a joke

Level1tech channel cares very little about gaming from what I know.

Hardware performance hit a plateau in 2012. You must be really retarded to argue over that.

While I agree the test SHOULD have been performed for a longer period of time, there is the argument that anything that happens in 5 minutes while only happen more in the half hour of play.
But then, there's the argument, that it may not.

>take a day, work 8 hours, two guys on each computer
>both test a game at the same time during half an hour
>they dedicate one hour per game
>at the end of the day they tested 8 games
>take another day do the same
>third day they write the review with all the data gathered

Eventually they can just set up other computer and ask for someone to help them, you can always find a friend that will do that for free. It's not like playing a shitty game require skills

WHY NO ONE EVER BENCHMARKS FRAME TIMES? ALL THEY TEST IS THE FUCKING STATISTICAL AVERAGE FRAMERATE WHICH IS WORTH NOTHING IF THE FRAMETIMES ARE SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tldw: intel disappointed

Conclusion:

"It's all the same shit"

which was weird since it contradicts middle part of the video

How surprising!
How can they not notice the 10FPS difference at 130FPS

They say there isn't much difference, yet system 2 & 4 never had any stuttering, according to their own testimonies. Which would mean the Ryzen system is smoother, even if the differences are small.

>CPU has a stutter for half a second
>this game is LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE FOREVER

Nah, it's all the same shit, as said the differences are at best academic

>doing interview
>only mentions 1 and 3 stuttering
>conclusion
>1 and 3 turned out to be the intel systems
>w-well they were all pretty much the same and they all stuttered a little bit
lel

witnesses report that gta5 stutters hard every 10 minutes on i7, all I know aobut it is people talking, i'd lvoe to see somone dare to make real research on this
so more sample rate(time/frames during that time) - more consistent, precise results

>fallout 4
Gamebryo is shit regardless of what system it is on.

which they deftly left inbetween the lines. They never spelled it out.

>20ms of stutter every 10 minutes

>THIS CPU IS UNUSUABLE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>CPU has a stutter for half a second

well, it indicates CPU limits showing already

They seemed genuinely shocked when they found out which systems were which. Were they intending to shill for intel and had to spin it at the last minute?

do you know why some people prefer rock solid 30fps on consoles to 50-60 fps on PC?
because it feels better
same way 144hz monitors do not give you any edge, or performance - they just feel better
cheapest "feel better" CPU was $400 until recently(with crazy overpriced x99 board)

now it's $250

I like L1 channel a lot, but this user is right
why even bother, in 5 minutes you can't even stabilize overall system temps.

Wendel himself said that he doesn't play games, this was only tested because manchildren want their games when they have 150 other sites that focus on gaming.

that's the interesting part, people that do not play games are more sensitive to this kind of thing

>now it's $250

no user, now it's taboo.
Something we can't mention because it's subjective, has no real test methodology, only autistic super powers can barely notice, and galvanize the narrative supporting the other camp.

Pricing of the i3/i5 line up just needs an improvement and a REAL IPC improvement while we're at it.
Ryzen 5 was never meant to beat an unlocked i5 in a direct apples to apples comparison in games or tasks that are heavily single threaded or don't quite make use of more than 4 cores. Any one who tries to claim otherwise is a complete retard because that much should've been obvious. But see the thing is, AMD never had to beat Intel in the IPC game because as long as AMD comes close enough at a considerably lower price, that's MORE than enough to shift people to buy from Intel to AMD.
Take a look at the i7-6900K vs the R7 1800X. The i7-6900K is a bit better in some applications and trades blows with the R7 1800X in other cases. But that minuscule difference isn't worth $500. That's where AMD is beating Intel. MOST people don't need the Quad Channel memory support or the 40 PCI-Express lanes but it's still certainly a selling point. For those people who don't care about the cost, the choice here is obvious.
That being said, Ryzen 5 is being targeted at people who do other things with their desktops. Maybe in the future 6/8 Core CPU's will be the gold standard in gaming applications, but the way I see it we're still wee bit far way from that. The way I see it, Ryzen 5 is a literally a gift from the Gods to the lower end budget streamers who don't have a garage full of cash to dump into their new gaming rig. To me that's the real purpose of Ryzen 5.
While people who purely game and don't edit pictures/videos/music or stream aren't going to be affected by the extra cores/threads on Ryzen 5 CPU's, but to those who DO it could be the difference between light and day.

SHUT UP

And even to them there's barely any difference.
A few stutters over 5 minutes won't affect your purchase.

Level1tech are just dumb shills anyway, good objective channels are GamersNexus and Salazar Studios

did you skip to the end?

>crying manchild in need of haircut and monkey that burns down hardware every week due to gross incompetence, respectively.

Jesus christ I'd rather watch Linus, and that fag's clueless about hardware.

If the only noticeable difference is one stutters a little more why would you but that one?

medium-quality bait

4k netflix streaming, iGPU, Thunderbolt and Optane support are very good reasons.

I think i am onboard with this
There is nothing like booting up a emulator, but it keeps fucking stutter or missing screen syncs.
Or framerate refuses to stay stable, but you are stuck with 60hz Vsync on the top of it.

>good objective channels are GamersNexus and Salazar Studios
That's not how you spell Linus, the creator of Linux.

Is this bait?

It's not just about the gaming. It's about streaming your game. Chatting in the background and other background tasks. You will get a smoother experience multitasking with Ryzen.

Also. Why are geeks girls butt ugly?

Who the fuck cares about the broad?

>Also. Why are geeks girls butt ugly?
Because if they were attractive they'd be too busy fucking chads.

well most are lesbians so....
only a few. most want to carpet munch jennifers.

>Also. Why are geeks girls butt ugly?

This is unfair. She seems to suffer from a lower jaw deformity of which you can get surgery for, but, being in the states it would probably cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. It ain't her fault.

THIS IS WORSE THAN THE HOLOCAUST!!!!! HOW DARE YOU DENY THE PROTOCOLS OF INTEL? WAS THIS EVEN DELIDDED? BY G-D YOU BLASPHEMED!

Is having no chin a US thing, I've never seen anyone looking like that irl in Europe.

>ShillerNexus
>good and objective
kek

Common.
As is having no spine.

>WAS THIS EVEN DELIDDED
I love this.
Sup Forums should just use delid this instead of others.

>having to void the warranty and risk breaking your stuff so it can run ""properly""

If you listen to Sup Forums and other parts of the internet everyone delids the 7700k so it can actually hit 5ghz so its a given all 770k's will hit 5ghz and thus ryzen is shit.

It's extremely uncommon pretty much everywhere. The people who do have it probably avoid leaving the house, though that may depend more on where you live and your mental health.

Why did they pic shut ugly bitch srsly? I cant fucking even watch her face

>Why did they pic shut ugly bitch srsly? I cant fucking even watch her face

Damn she looks so much better
So does Ryzen

Funny how intel shills recoil at the thought of fallout 4 when it doesn't work in their favor

>Wendel himself said that he doesn't play games,
b a s e d

People like you are what's wrong with this world and thid board. U just can't accept anything. If you are buying a cpu like Ryzen you are probably gonna buy a seperate gpu so no need for igpu, are u literally retarded, igpus are just a waste of space on the cpu nowadays. You are so fucking stupid, if I saw u in front of me I would fucking rage so hard. U are fucking mentally retarded to be asking shit like that fucking Intel jew, go suck off that 6700 igpu or whatever it is you'll never use it anyway go pay that 400$ for it u fucking retard. I am so pissed rn at how dumb u are, u are ruining this board and just making an idiot out of yourself. Please just stay off the internet in general if u are gonna ask questions like these u fucking attention seeking intel bastard. All u guys want is attention now because amd is the only one doing stuff. I bet you still live in your mum's house and suck ur dad off for that nice 6700 igpu. ITS SO NICE HAVING AN IGPU LOOK AT ME AMDFAGS HAHAHA AMD IS FINISHED NO IGPU, AMD BTFO. SHUT THE FUCK UP I WILL KILL YOU YOU STUPID FAG, STOP POSTING USELESS THREADS LIKE THESE U FUCKING RETARD. U made me so mad I wanna punch the wall and hope there's you on the other side so it would shatter your dumb skull you stupid fuck. I bet you are gonna make another shit thread after this one gets removed because it is SHIT just like your igpu and your shit intel cuck cpu. So fuck off to another board or off Sup Forums, because u can't handle us or even basic logic like why there isn't an igpu in ryzen cpu's. Can't wait for the release to see you cry and be mad at yourself for spending so much of your dad's money on a shit intel cpu with an igpu u won't ever need. JUST FUCK OFF!! AND IF U EVER MAKE A THREAD LIKE THIS AGAIN, I WILL MAKE SURE YOU WILL NEVER VISIT THIS SITE AGAIN. So bye intelfaggot and I hope I'll never get to see you or one of your threads ever again!!

Still get a nice laugh after the third time.

>double blind GAMING experiment

WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL ASSUMING THE RYZEN IS A GAMING CPU

IT'S FOR VFX/3D/VIDEO EDITING/STREAMING/OTHER SHIT. IT'S NOT GOOD FOR GAMING UNTIL GAMES OPTIMIZE FOR 8+ CORES.

FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

And yet Intel still gets BTFO in this experiment.

See

It does some 7-10% worse in gaming but demolishes when cores are put to use, hardly what I'd call "not for gaming", it's not the most optimal, and the difference is negligible once you increase the resolutions

It really isn't, audience interest is a joke [though]

thermal paste? Doesn't matter
airflow? doesn't matter
cable management? doesn't matter
single/dual channel ram? doesn't matter
as long as cpu is modern 8 thread+? doesn't matter

Fucking this, someone should crowdfund it too!

I delidded ur mum bitch.

The ones broken from bad delids wont hit 5ghz
Hell, they wont even hit stock

It's perfectly fine for gaming, stop spreading this bullshit like everyone on earth is playing at 1080p 144hz and loses their mind if they lose 10-15 FPS at over 100 FPS.

Doesn't Freesync make the monitor wait for the frames anyway? Would people even notice if frames dropped?

Next year I'm saving up $2500 for a monster setup, already have $1200 ready.

4k (hopefully 100Hz) IPS/VA monitor
8 core Zen2
Top Navi or Volta (hopefully Nvidia fixes their DX12 drivers)
Some good speakers.

Shit's gonna be awesome.

if you're buying a ryzen cpu and all you're doing is gaming, you're wasting your money on sub-optimal hardware.

I would love to have one because I use my PC for things other than gaming, but buying one just so you can game is fucking stupid when there are better performing alternatives for the price.

>hopefully Nvidia fixes their DX12 drivers
you know this is never going to happen

Then they'll get buttblasted when Vega is benchmarked

Really? I'm thinking Nvidia will be thrilled when Vega demolishes the 1080Ti on testbeds running Ryzen CPUs when they could have avoided making their GPU look bad.

It runs current gen games a tiny percent better while leaving you with a higher price tag, zero upgrade options and poor future prospects as far as performance is concerned.

I don't know, ask the shills constantly blaring the i7-7700K as the god-king of CPUs.

Well, if you do nothing but play games, then get a 7700k I guess? But I kinda like having a browser with a lot of tabs open, IRC, skype, steam, OBS in some cases, and downloads in the background.
I won't lose hair over 10% FPS

They'll just pay reviewers to use the 7700K

Way too fishy, Anandtech has breached the subject to the masses on Nvidia's DX12 drivers with their R5 review, on top of there being no small amount of blog and youtube videos about it, any funny stuff will be obviously noticeable now.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST THERE'S A GOBLIN IN THE FUCKING VIDEO A REAL LIVE FUCKING GOBLIN

Wendel is sexy.

Don't be mean, lol

Wendel isn't a goblin, he's a troll.

The mall santa is amd shill

They test them if they're doing GPU reviews.

and you are pajeet

amd are run by poojeets and chink, rajeesh
get that right next time

cunny bunny

Can't wait for someone to break out the Via chips and CPUID changers

Why the fuck do Intel OR AMD fanboys think they have a reasonable frame of reference on whether a one CPU or another "feeeeels better" outside of benchmarks? Do they just have 2 current high end systems set up exactly the same? There are probably 6 people that switched from a 7700k to a 1800x.

Reviewers do, and a good number of them mentioned that.
But they're all paid by AMD anyway so it doesn't count

>REEEEEE STOP BUYING AMD GOY

youtube.com/watch?v=L4K7eIEAJx0