Why freetards can't define Linux?

Why freetards can't define Linux?
Linux is what again? GNU+Linux? Gnu/Linux? Just Linux?

See fuckwits, this is why nobody treats you seriously. You sperg about freedom (even tho you don't use it at all) and you keep forgetting about functionality and actual purpose. How can somebody be this fucking retarded to use Linux as a desktop OS? Does anyone ever enjoy having an unreliable OS that dies during simple kernel upgrade?

Linux should be officially purged and banned on Sup Forums. It's cancer.

Other urls found in this thread:

git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's a system to operate with.

more like it's a hobby os to waste time on
Every single major corporation uses Windows Server as a primary OS because of AD and Azure integration. Linux belongs to embedded devices and supercomputers. NOT laptops and desktops.

5+ years using fedora as my primary desktop without any reliability issues. Nobody is forcing you to use linux. Let me guess, you couldn't figure out how to reinstall windows because of driver issues.

>Every single major corporation uses Windows Server as a primary OS

ahahaha, nice bait :3

I bet you don't play any games, right?
Oh right, linux doesn't have games. Makes sense.
>nobody is forcing you
You should lurk moar. Windows users are being insulted all the time by aggressive stallman believers on this board.

you never had a job, is that right?
Learn what Active Directory is.

it's a system to operate with.
an addendum, why are you so butthurt?

Linux is a kernel. GNU is a set of utilities to be used with a kernel. GNU does not need the Linux kernel specifically and the Linux kernel does not need GNU. This isn't complicated

freetards on Sup Forums make me mad. They should be all gathered in one place and gassed with love by microsoft

It's just a name, calm your tits. Some call it Linux other call it GNU/Linux, but we all know that those names refer to desktop operating system. You can call it whatever you want.

Linux on desktop is ok, it has some problems but it's still usable and more so than windows. There are a lot of corporations and government institutions that use Linux on desktop. VFX industry is a great example of that. Last time I was watching Weta VFX videos I saw them use KDE. Also in science Linux on desktop is quite common too, look at CERN or NASA, Linux desktops everywhere.

As for "freetards" problem, it's just obvious shitposting, learn to filter it.

Fucking retard look it up.

GNU is
>The system's basic components include the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC), the GNU C library (glibc), and GNU Core Utilities (coreutils),[8] but also the GNU Debugger (GDB), GNU Binary Utilities (binutils),[32] the GNU Bash shell, etc.
Linux is
>The Linux kernel is a monolithic Unix-like computer operating system kernel.

These two form an operating system.
GNU/Linux

Now, fucking mods delete this shit.

>"some" problems
No games is not "some" problems. It's the main issue which makes Linux unusable for 90% of home users.

It's time to face the facts. Richard Stallman is nothing more than a whining, overly obese autistic manbaby who has not done anything beneficial for the computing OR technology world in the past 20 years. Seriously. Name something that RMS has done after 1995 besides bitching, crying, and moaning about bullshit that does not matter, or making some retarded, incomprehensible speech.

He demands that Linux be called GNU/Linux. That is fucking insane. The only reason GNU, GPL, and FSF are still a THING is because of Linus and the invention of Linux. He saved their sorry asses from being dug into the ground. If anything, it should be Linux/GNU, because without Linus, the GNU, GPL, and FSF would NOT BE A GOD DAMN THING ANYMORE.

Stallman still has the fucking gonads to act like he's superior to everyone else. Saying shit such as "I'm not glad he's dead, but I'm glad he's gone" right after Steve Jobs' death. What a fucking asshole. Stallman has not even programmed a single line of code since 2008, that was AFTER he essentially stopped in 1992.

He should be fucking grateful Linus stepped in to save his ass, and even allowing him to take partial credit for his achievements. If it wasn't for Linus, he would be nothing, he would probably be dead in a Burger King dumpster right now. Not to mention, he's a fucking fraud.

He claims to have written eMacs, but in reality he actually cloned gosmacs (the first eMacs that was made for UNIX). He didn't even write 50% of the code in eMacs.

You might say he wrote GCC and GDB, but the truth is that he initally wrote the C compiler, but now the vast majority for the same compiler is done by contributors.

He's a washed up, morbidly obese man who tries to stay relevant by having these retarded arguments that are similar to those found in the Soviet Union. Face it GNU/Freetards, Richard Stallman is a fat dickhead, and the only reason his name is still in the books is because of Linus. What a fucking faggot.

Linux is a kernel. You can see the source code here: git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/

Linux = operating system a.k.a. kernel

GNU/Linux = 'operating system' in the sense normies use the word

No, Richard, it's 'Linux', not 'GNU/Linux'. The most important contributions that the FSF made to Linux were the creation of the GPL and the GCC compiler. Those are fine and inspired products. GCC is a monumental achievement and has earned you, RMS, and the Free Software Foundation countless kudos and much appreciation.

Following are some reasons for you to mull over, including some already answered in your FAQ.

One guy, Linus Torvalds, used GCC to make his operating system (yes, Linux is an OS -- more on this later). He named it 'Linux' with a little help from his friends. Why doesn't he call it GNU/Linux? Because he wrote it, with more help from his friends, not you. You named your stuff, I named my stuff -- including the software I wrote using GCC -- and Linus named his stuff. The proper name is Linux because Linus Torvalds says so. Linus has spoken. Accept his authority. To do otherwise is to become a nag. You don't want to be known as a nag, do you?

(An operating system) != (a distribution). Linux is an operating system. By my definition, an operating system is that software which provides and limits access to hardware resources on a computer. That definition applies whereever you see Linux in use. However, Linux is usually distributed with a collection of utilities and applications to make it easily configurable as a desktop system, a server, a development box, or a graphics workstation, or whatever the user needs. In such a configuration, we have a Linux (based) distribution. Therein lies your strongest argument for the unwieldy title 'GNU/Linux' (when said bundled software is largely from the FSF). Go bug the distribution makers on that one. Take your beef to Red Hat, Mandrake, and Slackware. At least there you have an argument. Linux alone is an operating system that can be used in various applications without any GNU software whatsoever. Embedded applications come to mind as an obvious example.

>3000 games with Linux support on the Steam catalog

haha

There are plenty of games on Linux. You have Steam and GOG. There are also emulators for most of the consoles and wine performance is getting better with every update. Now if you need to play latest "Call Of Fags: Return of OP", you might run in to some issues since they rely on new "Windows technologies" not yet well supported in Wine. But claiming that there is serious gaming problem in Linux is just a shitty excuse to use Windows.

>90% are indie shit gaymes
no thanks

OK if you want to be consistent, start calling Mac OS X / OS X / iOS / macOS 'Darwin', start calling Android 'Linux', start calling Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 'Windows NT'.

In the meantime, I'll just keep calling Linux Linux (i.e. the operating system, the kernel) and GNU/Linux GNU/Linux.

>Bwhahaha ;__;, help me there is no GTA 9 on Linux, how can I live with this

I'm sorry your feelings were hurt.

Linux is a communist idea and should be banned. Communism should NOT be tolerated.

>help me
nope, I'm not this retarded to use linux on my daily use PC. I enjoy all games that come to my mind under Windows (Master Race)

crymoar.on dot nimp.org

Who cares really. And all hail systemd. Fuck normie Win10 and Mac cucks.

But you are retarded enough to play games all day? There are things other than playing games that you can do with your computer. Perhaps it's time to reconsider your priorities? You are a great example of average Windows user. Your brains are fucked to this point that not being able to receive instant stimulation provided by your games causes extreme discomfort and pain.

learn what 80% of servers run

there is no such thing as gnu/linux

It's better to play gaymes with friends at work than watch stupid tv shows
But I bet you're NEET and you don't realize what people do at work.

Well, to windows users it is, as you can see by this thread.

read
Did you really just call Linus stupid?

>Global rule 13: Do not use avatars or attach signatures to your posts.

>playing games at work
Do you seriously consider this a good thing? At work? Shouldn't you be working? When I was working as developer I certainly didn't have enough time to play games. Heck I hadn't have enough time to complete tasks assigned to me and you have time to play games?

Sysadmins got plenty of time to spare on gaming.
If everything works fine what should I do more?
My job is to be there, available just in case of something fucking itself up.
Global rule 1488: kill yourself cancer

what servers? Cheap servers serving web content?
Give me a break, these are not real servers.

Well you could always do preventive pentesting. If it works it doesn't mean it's also secure. Do you keep track of CVEs for software that your company is running? Unless company you work in is small sysadmins are usually very busy.

>abloobloobloo people like things I don't

Wow.

>implying they don't have separate servers for their actual services
>implying active directors servers are used for anything other than company computers

>Linux should be officially purged and banned on Sup Forums. It's cancer.
Stay mad&cuck :^)

Actually only about 2/3 of the Linux game catalog is made of indie titles

>this thread

I've never in my entire life worked anywhere but shitty IT retarded hospitals that used windows for anything other than active directory. People hate windows server, they just deal with it in order to get that one service.

Linux runs everything important, windows ONLY exists for one service.

Wintoddlers on suicide watch.

Linux is Linux, a kernel. You fucking faggot

Nice meme

S A G E'

All wintoddlers need to fuck off to their containment boards
Seriously you niggers don't know shit about technology and the only argument you can make is
>muh games

Fuck off.

Lunux is a kernel. Debian is based on Linux, Android is based on Linux, etc.

Someone needs a hug . . .

Any games worth playing run just fine on Linux.

MODS

GNU/Linux means the Linux kernel combined with the GNU userland. Just as there are such things as Android/Linux, GNU/DOS, GNU/NT, Windows/Linux, GNU/HURD, Windows/DOS and Windows/NT.

Kill yourself, you shit brained fucktard.

You all fail to understand the Linux Operating System. Linus made Linux, then RMS sat his lazy fat ass down and claimed it as his own.

>what is IIS

pretty much this
Linus says Linux is the OS. Deal with it:

no my friend
also bump

>Actually only about 0 of the Linux game catalog is worth playing
Back to tux racer you speglord

ITT ... wintards unable to deal with complexity.

>the neverending story is a meme now
seriously Sup Forums?

>open source software doesn't belong here
>make room for my fruity toys and consumer whore gaymer shit instead!
>waaa hear me cry like a cuck!
You're on the wrong board.

>what is RHEL
>what is Ubuntu
>what is OpenSUSE
Bad bait.