Windows is significantly slower and laggier than when you first installed it and you have no idea how to make it faster...

>Windows is significantly slower and laggier than when you first installed it and you have no idea how to make it faster again

T-Swift is too qt.

GNU/Linux doesnt have this problem

Install booboontoo

>you have no idea how to make it faster again

It must be tough being mentally retarded.

You buy more MS certified hardware, like a good goy.

> windows

Reinstall

install Gentoo for Windows tm.

time to reinstall. its something that you have to do every year.

>Windows 7 is significantly faster than when you first installed it because you got rid of all the stuff you don't need like indexing or updates
>6 years later and system still performs excellent, never understood the YOU MUST FORMAT AFTER X TIME meme

Idk, my w7 install works as fast as ever. Only reason to reinstall is to clean up loose files.

>2017
>Not strictly using Linux or MacOS

Windows is trash

You're trash. Retard.

Same. I disabled animations years ago and shit's fast

I love TayTay.

it's called not installing shitware, making sure nothing unnecessary runs at startup, keeping your shit organized, and replacing your ram every once in a while. it's also called not running anything past windows 8.1.

>tumblr_inline_nqf7it19iZ1.jpg

if you have a prebuilt PC with hardware diagnostics, run that first
update drivers wherever possible
update Windows
run regmech and fix errors
uninstall unused software
disable programs that you don't need to start up on log in
malware scan just in case

Stay mad, faggot

I still have RAM from 2010 and my windows 10 install runs fine.

Had my computer for like a year and a half almost, and it's still almost as fast as when I first bought it.

>Nothing saved to the actual PC minus applications.
>Everything saved to external drive.
>Run Ccleaner once a week.
>Use the least CPU hogging anti-virus.

This is literally all I've done and I've never had a single problem with any lag or anything.
It's just a standard store bought Lenovo too.

yeah seriously what the fuck

people on here meme about Linux not letting you get work done, but the reality is that maintaining Windows requires a lot more effort, and the operating system is constantly getting in the way of your work.

>anti-virus
>defrag
>yearly reinstall because of Windows rot
>forced updates that require you to restart
>the updates take forever and you can't use your computer while it's updating
>half the time the updates break the system
>a third of the time you get the error screen "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes..." and you have to wait longer

Genoo plus Leenocks just werks, I have endless shitposting, anime, music, and I haven't restarted my computer in fucking ages

>its something that you have to do every year
If you don't know what the fuck you're doing, maybe.

>desktop has installation from Feb 2015
>laptop had factory installation from 2010 until December 2015
>second laptop also has factory installation from 2010
>other desktop has installation from October 2013
All are functioning just fine, except the first laptop which was decommissioned because of hardware troubles and harvested for its hard drive for a 'new' build.

>not re-installing at least twice a year.

go back to Sup Forums

It's worst when like me you just have to use windows once every month or so. I just want to spend the 10 minutes testing some shit, but Windows wants to install 500 updates, and it slows to a crawl because every scheduled task decides to run all at once. And you can't even kill things because you've got like 20 processes called svchost that it's just going to immediately relaunch any way.

And that's when there's no problems. If anything isn't working, then I'm about to waste my whole afternoon.

>Windows rot
Doesn't exist, retard.
>Updates slow my PC wahh
Stop using a 5400 RPM HDD and a Celeron dual core shitter CPU.

>MSSE + common sense
>windows defrags on its own in the background when it can
>"windows rot" = careless user
>turn updates off
>seriously, turn updates off
>I'm not joking, turn updates the fuck off
>I don't know how else to say it

Windows now has a refresh/reset feature for proles like yourself

when my laptop gets slow i throw it away and buy a new one

don't you know you've got to buy your way out of this?

>Windows

>turn updates off
>disable a critical function just to make the system half usable

ishiggy diggy

>MSSE + common sense
>"careless user" implying that you have to be fucking paranoid like a schizo every time you do anything
>jump through hoops to disable important security updates that Windows actually needs because it has more holes than swiss cheese

Fuck that shit, why can't it it just work? There's literally no advantage to doing all that shit just to play like 2 games that aren't available on console and use commercial DRM ware like Adobe or Office 365.

this

60fps is nice, but only if the game is actually fun and the operating system stops getting in the way so you can play the fucking game

im finna berry my dick

My Pentium 4 doesn't have this problem :^)

Gee y'all bein' serious n' stuff in here :'D

>replacing your ram every once in a while.
Why would you do that?

Fedora 25 GNOME with Wayland doesn't have this problem.

refresh that shit

>registry
>no separate OS and data partition
>needs to be restarted for kernel updates

Why haven't Microsoft fixed these flaws yet?

Buy an SSD.
Stop windows from indexing crap.
And compress your entire filesystem.

>needs to be restarted for kernel updates

Isn't that true for Linux too?

not since 4.0

That's why you make a disk image of a fresh install that is all setup and then when you need to just reimage the disk.

Takes like 30 minutes,.

>replacing your ram every once in a while
But what about the headlight fluid?

>Install Windows on SSD
>Don't use the Windows box for anything but gaming
I no longer have that problem.

>just
Your grandma isn't going to be able to do that. Even a normie isn't. There's no reason to have to get rid of data while reinstalling the OS. Not that there's any reason to have to reinstall the OS but, you know, low bars

you did the meme wrong you fucking tard

And that's why the bar is low, they want those people to pay them again and again to fix the trash that is windows.

They don't like it when you don't need them.

you know there's a reset option that saves personal data now, right?

Down CCleaner, use both cleaner and registry options. on keyboard hit windows+r type msconfig check selective start. services tab hide all microsoft services uncheck everything except your antivirus and steam. start up tab uncheck everything. apply ok, yes I would like to restart.

>backup
>reinstall

kek

Install gentoo

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>he hasnt thought of bacing up and re-imaging his machine

>>Windows rot
>Doesn't exist, retard
kys shill

Rarely

>Literally doesn't happen

This over time degradation happened to me on every install of Vista and 7 but never happened on XP and hasn't happened so far on 2 years of 10.

I really want to know what the fuck I was doing wrong during my time using Vista/7

>phoneposting this hard

>update drivers
>literally letting hardware manufacturer fuck your hardware up

bump

The worst thing is being forced to install programs for work that have crazy DRM and auto-updating shit that you can't turn off, but obviously impact performance. Fucking Autodesk, Nvidia, Oracle and all the rest.

Au contraire it has slowed down since I first installed.

This. I love Linux.