>go to configure one on the apple website
>200 burgerbux to go from 8 gb to the 16 gb of ram meme
>ram is soldered so you can' t upgrade it either

why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p_jQSHQkepk&t
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because you're not the one to say it isn't
>not getting the 2015 one

because Apple products are not for you faggot

They can't just put another stick in. Have you seen how tightly packed MacBooks are underneath? Adding 8GB more is (was) a manufacturing and research task, and they need to make the price of RAM upgrades high to recoup the costs.

>$300 processor upgrade
>$60 more ram is $200
>still only get two ports

holy fuck people actually fall for the memebook pro.

refurb from apple

Is the shitty keyboard not a flaw?

>manufacturing reasearch task

>shilling this hard

people have been putting as much as 32 gigs of ram in the same amount of space for a decade give me a fucking break,

Stinkpads and other Winblows laptops are a mess underneath, so it's easy to just throw anything inside.

My nigga

i'd rather deal with a mess than have to pay 200 bucks more to upgrade my ram

>why is this allowed?

Because there's a long line of people willing to pay a fucking fortune for a laptop with a pretty case.

there is an insane amount of wasted space splitting the battery like that and a ton of wasted space with the PCB layout. You assume this is all done in the name of design, however you void your warranty by opening it anyway. this is done in the name of profits. it would be far more cost effective for them to have stacked sodimm slots and allow upgrades but sheep like you will defend them and tell them how brilliant and insightful they are while they're fucking you from behind.

>there is an insane amount of wasted space splitting the battery like that

What about spreading out the heat, shit for brains?

>a ton of wasted space with the PCB layout

t. NEET telling Apple engineers he knows better

>apple engineers
$0.01 has been deposited to your starbucks account

>apple engineers
Yeah, the same lunatics who put an nvme controller in a fucking smartphone.

>spreading it out for the heat
>macbooks notorious for heat related expansion.

you can't be this stupid. the idea that splitting them dissipates less heat is asinine, in general they'd have the same operating temperature regardless.

>assuming i'm a neet because you've been fucked too many times by apple

apple doesn't hire engineers they hire designers.

>>macbooks notorious for heat related expansion.

Handful of incidents from 2012 MacBooks = MacBooks are notorious for heat related expansion.

They're trying to consolidate their hardware and software efforts between platforms to reduce costs.

Are you implyin thats a bad thing?

You're not mentally retarded and actually care about how you spend your hard earned money. Apple products are not for you. I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you don't suck cocks on a daily basis, which is apple's main target demographic btw.

I was implying quite the opposite

>tripfag being an expert on cocksucking

Sounds about right

>$300 more for a 2.4ghz dual core i7

this actually made me mad

2 grand is a lot in India isn't it, Ragesh? :^)

I see you trying to shill in every apple-related thread with your faggy trip, which btw only makes you look like a special snowflake.
I imagine how frustrated you have to be to hate a company so hard just because you can't afford it from your $0.5/hr call center salary.

>there is an insane amount of wasted space splitting the battery like that

youtube.com/watch?v=p_jQSHQkepk&t

Observe this video. The machine reaches terminal velocity pretty early but it doesn't matter, dropping this onto concrete from that height isn't doable because you can't drop shit out of a helicopter in the city.

The machine still fucking works, even the mouse, even the hinge. The display is of course fucked but it still works. Look at the engineering of this product. Because it has an all-metal unibody, intentional crumple zones can be implemented anywhere they're needed. Apple seem to be the only people smart enough to split a battery up into cells running along structural bend points. Pic related is the inside of the XPS 13 (Skylake). Notice the battery. That thing would rupture under stress and fuck the whole logic board up and probably cause a fire, whereas the MBP sustains no damage to the batteries.

Lets see a TwinkPad of any era even stay in 1 piece after this, never mind boot or work to any degree.

This board is full of fucking know-nothing teenagers. Return to your uninformed GPU/CPU shit flinging threads you dumb cunt.

I'm a mason and actually used to own a 2015 macbook for which I paid full price upfront.

It was the worst decisions of my life and I deeply regret ever buying it.

i'm not an infant, i don't drop my laptop or hit things with it. if this is a selling feature for you, you might be better off with a vtech leapfrog.

Keep telling yourself that, Ragesh

>man posts a laptop that's literally the same price
>apple fag talks about the person being poor

this is what's wrong with apple, the people who buy their products.

So, your argument for retard-level wasted space and the consequential tepid battery life... is that it will continue to work if you drop it from a helicopter?

As to what the XPS 13 would do, that depends on the overall chassis design and how well it distributes energy inbound on it. Ultimately, if either machine falls off a desk, they'll continue to work - but the XPS won't be dented, whereas the Fagbook will.

hipster alert

if i was a hipster i would be arguing for apple. i just hate edgy retards like you.

>Build quality is not a selling feature for me

lol

>Dual-core i7
wut

>implying metal is the definition of build quality.

plastic deflects impacts it doesn't bend irreparably. there's also other aspects of build quality, the ability to service one's own hardware is a huge boost in build quality.

but as an infant who drops and smashes his laptop into things you wouldn't grasp that.

>a few millimeters of battery "wasted" in the name of safety
>a battery that won't kill you with toxic fumes or fire because it won't rupture easily due to crumple zones and multiple batteries instead of one big one spanning the length of the machine

You're one dumb fucking bastard aren't you?

Hello red(dot)_j33t(((star))), why does Applel trigger you so much? You're in every single Apple thread like clockwork, at least take your trip off once in a while. Instead you let everyone know you're hellbent on being butthurt.

I was a victim of touch diseade and the constantly overheating dual-core 800Mhz fagbook 2015.

Looks like you found a flaw :^)

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2017 and folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

again the safety argument is bullshit, and when the battery explodes in a memebook it pops the case open or the track pad out and they have and will catch fire and leave toxic fumes.

i understand your need to feel like you're buying a superior product, but don't try to justify it to everyone else when you find out you didn't.

I got a mid 2014 mbp for under 1200 recently. Check out cl

>800Mhz
Go bullshit somewhere else.

Prakesh, nobody reads this copypasta wall of bullshit anymore. You'll have to be more creative.

>again the safety argument is bullshit

And you're a clueless fucking spastic. You can't just dismiss things because you don't like who made them. Its an objective smart engineering design. One long fragile battery is fucking dumb.

I honestly wish I was bullshitting. Really really wished I had not experienced that kind of horrid thermal throttling only seen on fucking phones.

>when the battery explodes in a memebook it pops the case open or the track pad out and they have and will catch fire and leave toxic fumes

Wow. You have no fucking idea what the hell you are talking about. I have seen more Macintoshes than you have sperm. I know what a 'Hindenbook' is, you do not.

I have seen batteries explode, but not on a MacBook. I have seen hundreds of cases of batteries enlargeing, and I removed the batteries, and discharged them.

Go cut your dick off you clueless fucking spastic.

All modern intel processors can underclock to 800MHz. My ThinkPad X220 even lets you manually underclock it in the power settings. I've played Supreme Commander at 800MHz, laptop never even broke 55C. It's awful for most things though. I can listen to music or download something from the internet, not both.

Apple is exactly the kind of fuckwit company I would expect to force this kind of underclocking because their piece of shit unibody crap can't cool itself properly, and they probably do it without ever giving you the slightest amount of control or options about it.