Okay, now that Ryzen 7/5 are out and they're solid competitors, will AMD keep refreshing the line-up every 6 months?

Okay, now that Ryzen 7/5 are out and they're solid competitors, will AMD keep refreshing the line-up every 6 months?

hopefully we get better DDR4 and DDR5 ram soon because this slow sub 4000mhz shit really hamstrings these cpus

Side question: I've read about AMD releasing chips that have APU in them later this year. Is that right or am I an idiot?

We'll have Raven Ridge for notebooks (which is Zen+ already) in H2, and Pinnacle Ridge and Raven Ridge for desktops in H1 2018, so I guess so.

RR is only for notebooks? I was thinking of waiting on my desktop build until the APU chips come out, but if that's not going to be until 2018 for desktops I'll likely just buy now...

RR is both mobile and am4, mobile comes out sooner

He's just reposting rumours spread by wccniggertech's clickbait mill. Raven Ridge is the same Zen core as Ryzen's are + Vega based iGPU and is coming out later this year for both desktop and mobile

Zen2 is 2018 and more than a year from now

There really isn't much of a point to waiting for an APU if you're just gonna do the Ryzen + RX build anways.

Sometimes you gotta gotta stop waiting and just pull the trigger, and right now is a great time to do it if you want to jump on the AMD train.

If you really really want to wait a year just wait and see how Intel retaliates and consider that against the Vega/Whatever Card is out a year from now and the Zen2 stuff.

100% going to buy zen+ in a year

3570k @ 4.5 can last me another 10-12 months though

No updates next 5 years, they gonna exhaust potential of ryzen.
Also gonna poo in loo as ling as possible.

Can someone translate this?

>AMD keep refreshing the line-up every 6 months
Nope. Zen+ should actually have another part reinstated that they couldn't get done in time for Ryzen.
As well as another 15% IPC increase.

15% might be pushing it, I predict 10% and higher clocks

They stated 40% IPC with Ryzen alone and got 50+%
Zen is stated as another 15%. If anything they may go aver that again.
Also there's still dome bits left out of Ryzen that will be implemented in Zen+.
I certainly hope for higher clocks.
10% of what Ghz?
I'd hope for 300Mhz gain.

This sounds stupid as hell because memory is currently too expensive and wasting the same amount of money for memory as a motherboard just to keep almost equal terms of performance of something from Intel that costs less is a huge scam.

Here is a thing about Ryzen memory.
If you want to have same or similar as 3200 RAM performance, just get cheap DR 2600 sticks.
Weird as hell but that how it works right now.
Only viable, better RAM would be 3600+.

>Zen+ and 4000 RAM
will this be the ultimate PC?

POO IN LOO retard

No. Because dual rank 2133 RAM has already been tested as being faster than 3200 single rank.

U wot m8

>POO IN LOO
>write like an Indian subhuman

Intelcucks are getting really desperate now.

I really hope some others try to veryfy this.

Wouldn't this be a bug anyway though? And with the solving of the bug, the SR would start to outperform DR?