Why isn't there any new news about quantum computers? Was it a meme all along?

Why isn't there any new news about quantum computers? Was it a meme all along?

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2011/08/19/aes_crypto_attack/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's just a meme like nuclear fusion power and that space drive that produces more power than it receives.

They're pretty useless outside of a few fringe applications that maybe like 100 people in the whole people care about.

whole world*

"It can be a 1 AND a 0!"
M A G I C

No I actually went to a talk about quantum computers from a business in Europe that is working on them. Quantum computing is further then people know. The last year there were things they still struggled with which they discovered were easily solvable. Now it is just a matter of setting up production for quantum computers which they will actually deliver in 2020 according to their roadmap. The estimated time for quantum computers to be able to crack AES is already in 2022 which isn't that far away anymore. For now the quantum computers already have 50 qbits.

any introductory book for programming in them or are they going to port shit like java to be usable on it?

Yesterday they said tomorrow. Alphabet computers (each letter of the alphabet is a state) will be relevant before quantum computers ever are.

There was a maymay about quantum computers being able to crack all encryption. If this is true, why aren't we working on a new encryption algorithm that is resistant against quantum computing?

Because it's already been invented you fuckhead. Just Google it, holy shit.

There already is such a thing. The one time pad.

Unfortunately I'm a sysadmin/network engineer so I don't know where to look for good rescources on programming for them.

Since the event I attended was for the customers they would need to have real balls to lie about it since they're already taking orders and if they can't deliver there image would take serious damage.

Also they aren't the only once being close to completing the machine. IBM for example is also very close already.

To be fair they started working on fusion reactors in the 1950s as well and we still don't have anything viable.

Honestly? Go to your local university. Find the guy teaching the honors section data structures and algorithms course for seniors. Ask him.
It's pretty likely that he will actually know, understand, and be able to teach quantum algorithms.

AES is already completely broken thanks to a flaw, user. You don't need a quantum computer to crack AES.

[citation needed]

Because I'm not a pedo?

>le nothing to hide maymay

Some people would love it if you didn't encrypt your bank account.

user, we think you are a pedo. Please post your bank credentials so we can check whether if you paid a dark net dealer for cp or not. Nothing to hide, nothing to fear, amirite?

theregister.co.uk/2011/08/19/aes_crypto_attack/

> “This research is groundbreaking because it is the first method of breaking single-key AES that is (slightly) faster than brute force,” Nate Lawson, a cryptographer and the principal of security consultancy Root Labs, wrote in an email.

Like one of those guys said:

>Neven—who helped write the Google research paper, released earlier this week, that details the company’s experiments—compares the D-Wave to the airplane the Wright brothers flew at Kitty Hawk in 1903. The Wright Flyer barely got off the ground, but it foretold a revolution. “Their airplane took a trajectory through the air,” he says. “That’s the point”

So basically these computers might be useless right now, but they will be a revolution once people really know how to use them.

I'm just giving you a free tip. You can ignore it.
That's not it.

They have a very specific use. They'll not be used in general computing.

>sharing my bank credentials to everyone on the internet is the same thing as letting the po po look through my hdds
LMAO do you guys actually hear yourselves?

>That's not it.

Well then be daddy and show us what we need to see.

No, thanks. Don't use AES.

Give us a good reason to use Twofish, Kuznyechik or Camellia. Otherwise, eat shit.

up

Eat shit then, user.