Pi contains every possible combination of 1s and 0s

Pi contains every possible combination of 1s and 0s

If you took a string of numbers from pi and they created a blockbuster movie, is it piracy?

Other urls found in this thread:

mathworld.wolfram.com/NormalNumber.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

π
>tfw I just posted every single CP ever on Sup Forums.

I had a friend on high school who wanted to post sequence of qr codes with frames from movie. Isnt that you?

Sandeep?

Nope

It's not cp if a judge doesn't say it's sexy and nobody can jack off pi

>those red eyes
Alright, what drugs is she on?

Daddy's cummies

>someone takes this too seriously and tries to take to the court someone who wrote π
>in the court the judge demands a demonstration of which part of π contains the binary code of a CP picture, and in which language said picture is written
That would be interesting.
Btw, how many decimals of π have been calculated so far?

>It's not cp if a judge doesn't say it's sexy
So basically I just have to make sure the judge has different tastes than me when I get in court?

>and nobody can jack off pi
Maybe not you.

It's easier if you look at pi as a binary number, not just of its 1s and 0s.

3.1415 is something like 11.100111 or something (too lazy to do conversion). You take the raw random information and see if use able data comes out of it.

Alternatively, look at the data from /dev/urandom , see if you can construct even a 10x10 plausible bitmap picture of something recognizable

>Pi contains every possible combination of 1s and 0s
PopSci brainwashing at its finest.

The only known number to contain all number combinations is 0.12345678901112131415161718192021....

π is just an irrational number, like almost any number in the real line. Nothing special or magical about it.

Idiot

Unproven.

>The only known number to contain all number combinations is 0.12345678901112131415161718192021....
That is false.

Is there a proof of that? I mean it's possible that given a combination of 1s and 0s pi does contain it, but only because it's infinite doesn't mean that it contains everything.

proofs?

also this

>π is just an irrational number, like almost any number in the real line. Nothing special or magical about it.

You're unaware of the special role that π plays in certain useful mathematical formulas?

wew

>infinite
>doesn't contain everything
lad

Is there a sadder group of people than math nerds?

I mean it is very likely but still.

>ACKSHUALLY

Is this a Zizek reference?

well technically, it isn't proven to be infinite. We just haven't found the end. irrational =/= infinite

It's widely believed (but yet unproven) that PI is a normal number, in which case it would contain every finite combination of 1s and 0s.

>every finite
every finite = infinite
normal numbers aren't infinite dumbass

>infinite
>must contain everything
Infinite and non-repeating. Yet doesn't contain not a single instance of 2,3,4,...,9, let alone any combination of them.

Mens rea is required for culpability. You can calculate pi or have a calculation of pi, the πracy (hurr) would be in deliberately seeking the offset of it that happens to match and the criminal infringement would be in distributing that knowledge.
Think of how many books must inadvertently contain the lyrics or lines of a song or poem if you know exactly which words to pick out. The court is concerned with human actions and reasonable conclusions, not laws of nature.

1/3 is .3 infinitely repeating. At no point will it contain a 7 or a 1.

I think you are confused here let me give you an example
if the universe is infinite, then doesn't mean there is a place where creatures breathe pure uranium

>irrational =/= infinite
I assume you mean irrational does not imply infinitely long in any base, in which case you're a retard. If it weren't infinitely long you would be able to express it as (your number * it's length)/(your base), and so it would be rational.

Normal numbers are infinite by definition.

That's just a conjecture, you imbecile stupid fuck.

Or put another way, this is "I was just swinging my arms, it's his fault his face was in the way" for autists.

irrational literally means it can't be expressed in a ratio, you can have non-infinite irrational numbers

What went wrong in your life that you're THIS angry?

I JUST showed you the contradiction of a finite length irrational you moron.

Finally, a statement in this thread that's both well-written and technically correct.

About fucking time.

Every month that passes, I get increasingly nervous about the future of computing based on the rising ignorance I see posted on Sup Forums.

> you can have non-infinite irrational numbers
fine, show me one.

*able to express it as (your number *it's length)/(your base * your number's length)

>snorts
Source: Zizek

stupid that's why it's called irrational, it can't be represented via a ratio. Transcendental on the other hand is irrational and cannot be a root for any polynomial

>Every month that passes, I get increasingly nervous about the future of computing based on the rising ignorance I see posted on Sup Forums.
worry not.
Sup Forums was always composed primarily of spillover from Sup Forumseddit.
just a bunch of clueless children regurgitating whatever they hear and want to believe.

ur mom is so large she doesn't even appear in the Champernowne constant

This is a common misconception. Just because it's an irrational number, does not mean it contains every possible combination of digits. That is flawed thinking.

it is represented using an infinite series of 0s and 1s so theoretically it contains all possible patterns of consecutive 0s and 1s

√2

>it is represented using an infinite series of 0s and 1s so theoretically it contains all possible patterns of consecutive 0s and 1s
That is a logical leap which is not based on fact. You can have an infinite series of digits without a repeating pattern, and still skip an infinite number of digit combinations. Please stop spreading this nonsense and do a fucking google search.

I'm not sure that line of thinking holds up. Infinite is not the same as all-encompassing.

Imagine you have a line that extends infinitely in one direction from a random point in space. It's infinite in every meaning of the word, but it doesn't take up every bit of space. There are different kinds and degrees of infinite.

How many digits in √2?

it's infinite, how do you know it doesn't contain some pattern at some point? if you wanna see a line of 1000 consecutive 1's it must appears at some index

mfw im autistic

>how do you know
Nobody knows. That's what I'm trying to communicate to you, you fucking retard. You are making assertions as if these things are widely known facts, when they are still unknowns. You are making logical leaps. Please come back down to reality and do some goddamn research

Counterexample:
Is infinitely long and never repeats, but doesn't contain the sequence "1111"

That is false.
We have yet to prove that the binary representation of pi doesn't just go 101001000100001... after a certain digit thus meaning that pi doesn't contain all sequences of 0s and 1s possible.

yeah I think 1/10 or 1/3 have a periodic pattern in binary radix, but I am talking here about transcendental numbers not irrational

mathworld.wolfram.com/NormalNumber.html
>Determining if numbers are normal is an unresolved problem. It is not even known if fundamental mathematical constants such as pi (Wagon 1985, Bailey and Crandall 2003), the natural logarithm of 2 ln2 (Bailey and Crandall 2003), Apéry's constant zeta(3) (Bailey and Crandall 2003), Pythagoras's constant sqrt(2) (Bailey and Crandall 2003), and e are normal, although the first 30 million digits of pi are very uniformly distributed (Bailey 1988).
>unresolved problem

and also not rational in other radices && irrational in binary

Transcendentals don't necessarily contain all sequences either. It has to be a normal number in order to contain every sequence.

Fine, let's assume that it's possible for an irrational number to be finite. If an irrational number x contains y digits, it can be expressed as a ratio like so: y*10^x/10^x, and therefore it's rational.

I think you mean x*10^y/10^y

Yeah, my bad. I originally wrote it as containing x digits, so I got things mixed up.