What's your reasoning for owning a phablet instead of a smaller phone and a tablet and/or laptop?

What's your reasoning for owning a phablet instead of a smaller phone and a tablet and/or laptop?

>Bigger screens are better for media consumption!!1!
Which is exactly what tablets and laptops are made for, no matter how big your phone is it's still going to be shit for media consumption compared to tablets and laptops. And when you have two devices that serve two different purposes then you're not going to drain the battery on your phone so you can jerk yourself off to your 9 hours SoT with your Xiaomeme phones.

>he wrote all of that

wew

Thank you for your input

Funny, your mom says that a lot

There are no smaller phones with flagship specs and OLED screens.

but I use a 6s

This is the reason why I hate how smaller phones are getting more and more cut off from the market. What if I didn't want my hands to be in pain 24/7 for holding an uncomfortable beast? Heck, I also got worse at playing guitar for the smartphone fatigue since when I upgraded from a Galaxy S2 to a shitty OnePlus 3. And it's not even considered a phablet.

>media consumption

Do you have any idea how much of a tit this makes you sound like?

Just buy a smaller phone then retard

cause I don't have manlet hands

If this is a wall of text to you, you must have serious issues.

Reading comics when I don't have my labtop with me.

This, and then there's not even a single decent small phone with decent LCD screens and a good build. Now anything small has abysmal hardware, terrible LCD screens invisible in daylight, and built so poorly it barely lasts a month.

Everything small is fucking garbage these days.

Old soc but otherwise good if z3 compact size count as small.

Why does anybody need to justify their purchasing decisions to you? Fuck off you cunt

Then get a tablet you doofus

Name one which isn't Sony microwave or iPhone overpriced microwave SE

What model is that? Is it available outside le japon?

sh-m03. No but can import if bands match.

Because I don't know of a proper dumbphone with great battery life, camera (tablet cameras suck), 4G and Wi-Fi hotspot ability. If I could get that, I'd carry that and a tablet instead of my smartphone. That way I'd have a phone that's better at being a phone and a media consumption device that's better at media consumption.

As usual it's Japan only. Those lucky bastards always keep the best products for them. They also have nice flip-phones which would be great for some usage but you can't even import them here in Europe as they're network-locked.

Those bezels are huge

Since we have only wikis for chinkphones, do you have some info on finding out whether japanese phones work in Europe or not?

Why would I get a tablet when I already have a large phone and my labtop can fold over into a tablet if I ever needed it to?

I have a big hand, and I like to read books from it when I take a shit

>He has feminine small hands and can't literally handle anything above 5.0' and so want other people to stop liking what he doesn't like.

I like a big screen, I cant type properly on a smaller screen with these sausage fingers. 5"5 is enough, 6"2 is too much

I have a Oneplus 3, but okay. Did you even read the OP? A phone is a phone and is supposed to be portable, a tablet is made for media consumption. If you use your phone for media consumption then you're not only viewing your media in an objectively inferior way but you're also wasting battery life instead of spreading your usage across two devices.

Yeah, they moved light sensor to the top, still 0.1'' bigger vs z3c
Check bands on phone and then on carriers in your country, preferably on a coverage map so that you see if the bands it support is well covered. Obviously get a sim free phone.

I have giant hands, bigger than everyone I know (and everyone has quite big hands on average here, I'm a Swede) but I too find 5.0 or bigger phones to be annoying. Heck I could nicely use phones up to the dimension of the Galaxy S3 with one hand only, while with my current smartphone I feel like it's straining my hands too much. If there were some decent small ones here I'd nicely trade a big screen for better comfort.

>easier to type on
>lowering the dpi makes it more information-dense without eye strain
>no flagship small phones on the market
>comfier to hold with big hands

Being better for media consumption is just a bonus.

This. I'm settling for a Samsung A3 for now. Oled and hardware buttons and less than 5 inches and this is pretty much the only thing on the market after my s3 died. The metal/glass construction of phones today is so uncomfortable though.

>a tablet is made for media consumption

The only think a tablet is good for. THE ONLY thing, is PDF reading.
Stop.
That's all.

There is no other reason to use a table.

What "media" would you like to consume on your tablet? Shitty speakers, small screen, battery.
There is no reason to have a tablet, ever. Again, apart for reading PDFs.

But the day some A4 size e-ink reader comes out at a decent price, even for that they will be done.

I like to lay in bed and play Hearthstone

Because I don't have baby hands faggot

You're aware that tablets that aren't 4:3 exist, right?

handlet detected

While I'm here, does anyone know of a phone with:

- Physical keyboard
- Long battery life
- 3G at least, 4G preferred
- Wi-Fi hotspot ability
- Good camera, not flagship-level but decent low light would be nice.
- Expandable storage

Doesn't need an app ecosystem or anything too fancy, I'll use the tablet and Wi-Fi hotspot for that. I'm asking because I would honestly prefer that over a costly smartphone, but I've never seen a dumbphone that ticks all these boxes.

Get a fagberry

>so much bait in one post and yet people are still taking this seriously

>Pointing out that phones are objectively inferior to tablets for media consumption is bait
Okay

But then I can get a better phone for the same money by sticking with a different smartphone. Defeats the whole purpose.

But it just so happens that you asked for a physical keyboard, and there is exactly 1 (one) company that still makes those in the West. Aside from Blackberry you'll have to look to Japan exclusive phones, and they'll be even more expensive to get your hands on.

Am I the only one who likes using budget phones more than "premium" phones? I have a Oneplus 3 that has a metal build and I find my old Galaxy S3 to be much more comfy to use with the smaller screen and the plastic build, plus you don't have to treat it with kid gloves and lose your mind if you get a scratch on it when your phone isn't a fashion accessory.

I kinda want to sell my Oneplus 3 and get a Moto G5 Plus or one of the new Nokia phones or something like that.

Yeah, that was kinda my point. I don't use a smartphone because it's my ideal solution, but because it's pretty much the best choice available to me. And there are still a few manufacturers out there who make phones with physical keyboards other than Blackberry, it's just not easy to find the phone that ticks all my boxes.

>And there are still a few manufacturers out there who make phones with physical keyboards other than Blackberry

Name just one.

So is it better to consume media on a phone then?

Okay, how about if we just ditch the camera entirely? Just a phone that calls, texts, alarms/reminders, physical keyboard, fast mobile data and Wi-Fi hotspot so I can use it as a passthrough to a tablet.

>bezels

I'll take my gook tech over that nip shit any day

>He has micro dick and literally being insecure for having anything below 5.0' and so want other people to stop liking what he doesn't like.

this

Manlet hands has nothing to do with it, unless you can reach the top left corner of your phone with your right thumb on a 5.5 inch screen.

This is why I still haven't upgraded from my Galaxy S3 Mini.

>What's your reasoning for owning a phablet instead of a smaller phone and a tablet and/or laptop?
Big hands. I also have the other two for working or lounging around the house.
>Bigger screens are better for media consumption!!1! Which is exactly what tablets and laptops are made for, no matter how big your phone is it's still going to be shit for media consumption compared to tablets and laptops.
But I'm not always in the house. A lot of the time I watch stuff on a train, or sometimes on my lunch break (bringing out your laptop/tablet to watch shit at work looks odd and takes more effort).
>And when you have two devices that serve two different purposes then you're not going to drain the battery on your phone so you can jerk yourself off to your 9 hours SoT with your Xiaomeme phones.
I do have different devices for different purposes.

What's the point of this thread again?

you must be compensating for a really tiny dick though
only dumb bitches buy phablets

>What "media" would you like to consume on your tablet?
video; light web browsing, especially on social media; and, as you mentioned, reading

also earbuds are a thing you retard, speakers literally don't matter and if you play your shit out loud in public then you're an obnoxious cunt

can anyone give me a good reason to not buy this ?... that price reduction is tempting .... anyone here have this particular model ?....thanks senpai

One device that fits in my pocket and serves both purposes perfectly instead of two that I cannot take every where (laptop doesn't fit in pocket).

Besides, I can dock my phone to a mouse, keyboard, and external display when i need to.

Manet? If you cannot hold a phone in front of your face you need to

Seems good and the price is actually decent, never seen this for a Surface. Go for it I guess.

Large phones are perfect for hearthstone since they fit in your pocket.

Any phone that existed in 2010?

weak processor
only 4GB RAM

Cost.

For the price of two devices of mediocre spec I can buy a top of the line flagship 'phablet' every two years.

but for the price though..... i couldnt afford 900 for this .... but 500?

I too have fairly large hands, but I'd like to be able to use my phone single-handed, quite simply. With a large screen, it's quite impractical to reach over the screen with just the thumb. It's also nice when it fits in a shirt pocket.

The worst thing about it is, of course, that all this used to be standard fare for smartphones, and that literally the only reason they keep enlarging the phones and relegating smaller phones to budget builds is so that they can win the specsheet war even though the end result is consistently worse.

I used to be against phablets when I was a hardcore BlackBerry 10 user. It all went to shit when WhatsApp pulled the plug on it so i decided to get a phone with some extra functionality like the s-pen. I use it to take notes in class, which makes the huge 5.7" screen quite necessary and it also doubles as a nice e-reader.
The battery is kind of shit, I'm guessing it's mostly because of the screen size and I can also see why people with smaller hands find it hard to use with one hand.
Classy phone and even classier black lingerie waifu.
This, PDF reading is quite nice on bigger phones. Getting a tablet for this alone is notna great idea.

>What's your excuse for carrying one device instead of two
Should I get a beeper, walkman, dumbphone, and laptop too?
Dipshit

Why would you have a laptop

Wouldn't, fug :---DDD

Google pixel 5' and iPhone 7 4.7'

Google pixel

Nigga im not taking a laptop or tablet everywhere
Phone fits in my pocket and does literally everything, shit just works

Stop browsing with your phone faggot

>There is no other reason to use a tablet

I use it to simulate facials. Wrap some cellophane on it, pull up some slut's face on the screen and nut on it

I kinda feel the same, with my old Nokia I didn't care if I dropped it or something, it would be okay anyway and if it got damaged it really didn't matter. I'm so careful with my new phone, it's not nice

I own a phablet, tablet, and laptop. Fight me.

I'm not a manlet

Drawing in Sketchbook Express. The other version fucking sucks 10 kinds of ass. The whole UI is Bad Decisions Department, meanwhile Express version is a dream and so simple.

Shitty games. Read: fallout shelter. Barely.
In fact, I pretty much only ever have it on for my 3 year old niece. Calls it "the peoples".

Light web browsing. News, shitposting, google, occasional video.

Reading. Also agree on the E-ink.
I would actually prefer a screen similar to that OLPC one, has a really high resolution greyscale for low power use in day, then a lit screen for low-light. That would be the dream if it actually went anywhere of significance.

Light coding. Admittedly mainly JavaScript prototypes of things to do later. (and maybe in another language)
Also usually with a small bluetooth keyboard. The PS3 controller one at that. I snapped the bottom grip bit off and it fits a treat on top of my tablet case.

However, ~70% of the time is accessing my PC upstairs from living room for 30-40% of the day, and the other 30% is the rest of the items above.
Sometimes from bed too. Or out the front or back garden.

See

I can't even reach the top left corner on a 4 inch phone if I hold it normally. However typing is much harder on a smaller screen and it's clumsy enough on a big one

Closest right now is Blackberry Priv my man

Fuck off I want to carry one device with me. Not 5.

for that and what you'll be using it for, it's more than enough.
Just don't expect 3d modeling and photoshop wizzardry on it. Otherwise for watching videos and browsing the web/readin pdfs it's more than enough.

I have small hands so since I need two hands to use any decent phone anyway I got one with a large screen for reading things.