Purported iPhone 8 schematics show ‘bezel-less’ front, rear Touch ID, same thinness as iPhone 7

9to5mac.com/2017/04/13/purported-iphone-8-schematics-show-bezel-less-front-rear-touch-id-same-thinness-as-iphone-7/

>In what is the first supposed leak of ‘real’ iPhone 8 technical schematics, an image posted to Weibo today claims to show technical drawings for the next-generation iPhone straight from Foxconn. The drawings depict an iPhone 8 front and back with minimal bezels on the left and right sides of the screen. Compared to an iPhone 7, the top and bottom bezels are also significantly smaller.

>On the back, the dual camera system and rear flash is stacked vertically in the top-left corner, with a gap for a Touch ID fingerprint sensor below the Apple logo. The image is labelled with dimensions for the chassis, which are comparable to the 4.7-inch iPhone 7 — despite the significantly larger screen

Are you getting the iPhone 8?

Other urls found in this thread:

macrumors.com/roundup/iphone-8/#naming
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/02/battle-of-the-buds-how-apple-airpods-stack-up-against-other-wireless-earbuds/
soundguys.com/apple-airpods-review-good-11072/
laptopmag.com/articles/windows-10-vs-os-x
zdnet.com/article/windows-10-unequivocally-better-than-os-x-on-apples-new-macbook/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏nah id rather stick with my Samsung Galaxy 8 Edge Plus OC

>I'd rather stick with touchjizz

no headphone jack no purchase

܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏܏I disable touchjizz and use Nova Launcher. :)

>no floppy drive, no purchase

They should have made the touch ID in the shape of the Apple logo and got rid of the cosmetic one.

Please no fingerprint sensor on the back PLEASEEEEE

t. cum guzzler

>No headphone jack is bad meme

why do you autists do this? The headphone jack is legacy tech that needs to dye, the only reason companies keep it is because they're too scared to remove a shitty port that NOBODY EVEN USES

it's like using a serial port on some ancient wangblows box, or a VGA port, and anybody who thinks otherwise is probably some poorfag who can't afford the superior sound of digital bluetooth

plus why the fuck would anybody want analog sound anyways? analog is the tech of the 1800's

we moves on from that like, fourty years ago faggot gramps

what color would you dye it?

Apple pls

>headphone jack
>nobody even uses

Confirmed for retarded

SE masterace reporting in. I like my thick phone that stays in my hand. Thin phones are impossible to use without a case to give then grip.

Fascinating.

>port that NOBODY EVEN USES
99,9% of all headphones/audio equipment do, and it's perfect.

>Touch ID fingerprint sensor
Why not just mark people like cattle with GPS sensors and give them actually functional and useful device instead?

Take your meds autist

Copying the disgusting rear-placed fingerprint sensor from Android manufacturers would be the creative downfall of Apple.

Nice camera bump

Get a separate music player faggot.

Am I being hacked

>paying more money for a basic feature that a phone should have in the first place
How's your wife's son doing today?

>"bezel""less"""
>still has bottom bezel for no fucking reason
it's galaxy s8 all over again. but at least it probably won't have wasted bottom bezel space PLUS software buttons

Who was the first one to do the fingerprint on the back? Swear they were chink phones

>assuming Android aren't costumizeable like apple
>being this brainlet tech illiterate
>despite all that, still on Sup Forums and hasn't killed himself yet
explain.

I also like my headphone jacks colorful! Which colors do you usually dye your headphone jacks, user?

I got a girlfriend today.
Should I explicitly ask her to give me blowjob
because this is what I wanted in my life?

>Take a step back in technology
Just like Apple!

stupid pepe apopo posters

is it going to be powered wirelessly by steve jobs spinning in his grave at 9000 rpm?

not an argument

>phone leaks
it will be rectangular and have a screen

You "got" a girlfriend today? As in you've been seeing this girl and obviously having sex with her for months now and you've just today decided to be exclusive? I suppose you could ask her for a blowjob user, sure.

fake. Apple will never put touch ID on the back (either under the screen or it doesnt move)
but the vertical camera position gives it away
there's literally no benefit to doing that

>browses Sup Forums
>cares so little about his privacy he uses an iPhone
Reddit pls

Fuck off ESL-kun.

That's what I thought too, that would be perfectly possible and look nice, but 2017 is more like Microsoft and doesn't even know what they're doing anymore.

Yes, and every big functionality improvement was always implemented on Android first

>but the vertical camera position gives it away
>there's literally no benefit to doing that
bullshit.
most photos are taken in landscape, so lenses will be side by side and allow a wider angle.

>he shills for apple _for free_
200% SHIGGY

And improved and perfected by Apple

Thank you, Apple

>nobody even uses
>most used audio interface
You wish, cuck

most people just use the headphones that come with the phone.
they don't know nor care that it's now a lightning connector

people actually fell for this

/thread

t. BT earbuds owner who uses his cable earbuds while his BT ones charge for hours every day.

WHERE IS THE IPHONE 7s ??!!!

WHY IS ERYONE TALKING ABOUT THE IPHONE 8, when the 7s isnt even out?

>Given the major changes Apple plans to introduce to the iPhone in 2017, it seems unlikely the device will receive an "S" name, so there's a good chance Apple may decide to skip directly to the next full number, naming the 2017 iPhone the iPhone 8.
macrumors.com/roundup/iphone-8/#naming

Looks like a G6 ripoff

Except that I get 24 hrs of listening time from 1 hr of charge time on my airpods. Combined with the fact that I listen to them 4-5 hours a day, I need to charge them maybe once a week.

You do not get 24 hours of listening. You get an hour tops from those tiny 100mAh batteries in there.

You get about 4 hours of listening time on the actual pods and 24 hours with the charging case.

I know this post is just fishing for replies, but the saddest thing is there are actually people out there who legitimately believe this.

I doubt the airpods themselves get 4 hours of continuous play, and them sitting in a charging case is not listening.

Are you stupid?

If this is really going to be the iPhone 8, Hello Note 8!

>Advertisement
No, but apparently you are. Post a video of 4 hours of consistent music playing on airpods and then we can talk.

>Are you getting the iPhone 8?
Not even if you paid me.

>"Out of the three truly wireless buds I tested, the AirPods lasted the longest amount of time on a single charge—about 5 hours."
>arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/02/battle-of-the-buds-how-apple-airpods-stack-up-against-other-wireless-earbuds/

If I was paid to own an iPhone I'd gladly take it. Would keep using my S7 Active though.

Sure you won't mr Xiaomeme shill.

>and 24 hours with the charging case
So you mean having to stop using them to charge multiple times without having to charge the case?

>5 hours
>Nowhere does it say 5 hours of continuous play like you stated here:

>wanting a device that spies on you
>not using a C2D laptop with Coreboot and the ME disabled to access the internet
>not using an iPod classic for music and podcasts
>not using a flip phone and removing the battery when you're not making calls
Wew.

>using offbrand chinese shitphones
"No"

3 hours of listening time with a 15 minute charge isn't bad at all. And since I keep them in the case while I'm not listening them anyway, I run out of battery on the actual pods very rarely.

only good front fingerprint was the S7's with a slim design and other useful capacitive buttons next to it. iPhone home button takes up too much space and doesn't add much. I don't even use a lock screen on my phone though so idc about some useless fingerprint thing.

>3 hours of listening time
> says 4 hours
>5 hours of listening time? What do you need 4 hours of listening time for? These can do 3 hours, I swear! They only work for two? I said they'll work for an hour, goy!

They give you 3 hours of listening time if you keep them in the case for 15 minutes.
With full battery they give you 5 hours (claimed by Apple), I said they give about 4 since I actually own a pair.

Are you that retarded?

so its basically the s8 with an apple logo?

4 hours tops of idle (not continuous sound) time is not enough for someone who has to list the amount of music he listens to in number of albums. I will keep to my M50X's with 3.5mm plug, and you fuck off with your ear-dicks.

>15 minutes in the case will get you 3 hours of playback
soundguys.com/apple-airpods-review-good-11072/

>Apple's hardware runs better on Android
No way in hell this is real. Post a video, not just unsupported claims.

fake af

It says they manages 4 hours on Android and 4.5 hours on iOS

Why would this surprise you? Apple sucks shit at optimizing their operating systems.
Windows 10 runs better on Macbooks than MacOS does.

laptopmag.com/articles/windows-10-vs-os-x
zdnet.com/article/windows-10-unequivocally-better-than-os-x-on-apples-new-macbook/

>complain about no headphone jack
>wanting to use pleb tier dac in phones
>not carrying battery back to power your desktop grade dac and paring it in Rhodium coated, pure 7N silver usb cable, vacuum jacketed and oil insulated.

Am I in Sup Forums or what?

That's not touch ID on the back, that's the "wireless" charging area.

>nobody uses vga ports
>vga ports somehow worse than objectively cancer shit like DP
KYS
Y
S

I really dont get why people want phones with no screen bezels, especially from Apple. Phones with really slim top/bottom bezels look bad. The thick top/bottom bezels, speaker, and home button design is nice and that set is what makes an iPhone an iPhone.

It's fake. If not, it's an early concept. Apple would never put Touch ID on the back like that. It's ugly and looks stupid. Besides, it's not even in a comfortable place.

If integrated into the Apple logo, sure, but not like this. Disgraceful.

I do, however, love the camera design. About time they just combine them.

No thanks I'll just buy iPhone 7 Plus.

>camera bezel
>touch ID placement somehow worse than Galaxy S8

this looks horrendous
sad where phones are going
honestly, Apple design has been shit since 2014

Meant >camera bump

Why can't they locate the touch ID sensor in the logo?

9/10 bait

but i can unlock my phone as i'm pulling it out of my pocket

>guaranteed replies

back is allegedly made out of glass, why would they need an ugly, special area

1. there could be internal pcb restrictions like it's alleged for the S8
2. logo is currently mirror-polished, but touch id would ruin that with fingerprints.

>It's fake. If not, it's an early concept.
rtfa
>As shown in the table, this is supposedly an image of design drawings for the iPhone 8’s Engineering Validation Test third revision. EVT is an early stage in the Apple product development cycle, the device must still pass through Design Validation Test and Production Validation Test stages before it is finalized.

people on the internet just like to hate.
touch id on the back is a valid design trade-off for an edge-to-edge display.
in the future when touch id can be integrated in the front glass, apple can even keep the design.

At the beginning apple was the one who was dictating the trend in the smarthone industry, now apple is following the trends of others.
Wew I didn't through we would get to this point.

no. i'll just buy some chinkshit when my chinkshit finally breaks

I love how retards like you are called out every single time they try to voice their worthless opinions.

Bluetooth latency can be greater than copper

Biggest lie in the world. No windows os can out perform a linux or Unix kernel. Especially win10 which is the slowest its ever been. Windows is shit with ram and wastes cpu processes