Windows

How did Microsoft get so close to nailing it entirely with Windows 7, then go back so far with every iteration since?

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2017/04/11/patch_tuesday_mess/
reddit.com/r/TronScript/comments/634782/tron_v1003_20170403_debloat_and_definition_updates/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Explain how W10 is inferior to W7 without mentioning the botnet meme or the arguably bad behavior of Windows Update, which is getting better.

ads in explorer

Never seen them. And they can be disabled apparently.

>Without mentioning shitty things
Better UI for straight desktop use. Does not force the install of any updates on any version, without having to tweak anything. No obtrusive ads in the middle of crucial UI elements. Control panel functions not awkwardly split between the 'classic' control panel and a UWP interface. No intrusive 'assistant'. No nagging for using browsers other than the bundled one. Much more useful Start menu search.

Honestly, most of the good points I could list for 10 are either features carried over from 8 or things that are improved relative to 8. 10 isn't a terrible OS in isolation, it's just a step backwards.

explain to me how fossil fuels are bad WITHOUT mentioning the environment or muh non-renewable resource

Because muh diversity.

name the jew, blame the jew and when you're online just blame the jew

I used a win 8/10 theme in windows 7

Thank fuck for classic shell for 10 though, since search DOES NOT WORK on 10.

All these things either never get in my way or are changing, like the temporary Settings/Control panel split. Admittedly they did stupid things but I just find ths OS comfy and functional overall.

Anyway, install Gentoo, I guess.

> Arguably bad behavior of Windows update
> Argue with me but I'm blissfully ignorant to all windows problems

I said "arguably" because I never had any single problem with WU on W10, compared with the total crap it was on 8 and 7. This OS just werks for me.

No dude, no, listen. You really didn't want to find a file on your computer. What you REALLY wanted was a Bing search result for that. By the way, thought about using Bing with Edge? It's a winning combination for your Windows 10 Experience!

>Windows Update, which is getting better.
AAAHAHAHAHAAHA OH WOW!

>Cowardly Microsoft buries critical Hyper-V, WordPad, Office, Outlook, etc security patches in normal fixes
theregister.co.uk/2017/04/11/patch_tuesday_mess/

Im so fucking triggered right now i might turn into a hamplanet

And this is on a fresh reintall too, jesus fuck.

>HAHAHA WOW UR STUPID
>totally unrelated problem
How's this a WU problem ?

Windows 7 is the last Windows that I didn't have to fight for basic functionality. It actually feels like it's your OS rather than MS trying to shove its shit all up in your computer. It does what it's meant to.

while i agree, were fucked since theyre gonna block new shit more and more on 7, they want it to die more than they wanted XP to die.

I was in college when Windows 7 came out and I specifically remember it was hated like any other post XP Windows. It wasn't until SP1 came out and settled down when 7 became preferred. Microsoft didn't "nail" shit as a product.

XP was loathed on release too, user. The day one reaction to a Windows is not reflective of its reputation.

>not xp

making 7 * 2 versions of 7 and vista was total mistake. and it's the sole reason why windows 8.1 is a better system as a whole. and desu i actually like W8 ui

Could you try that again in English?

he cant, niggers speak in niggerish

I bet you are going to love this then:
itvisionDOTaltervistaDOTorg/why-windows-10-sucks.html

>use windows 8
>download classic shell
>forget that you have windows 8

I'm seriously considering reverting to windows 7. Windows 10 looks nice and all, but 2 hours worth of ricing can pretty much get you any look you want anyway. If the only benefit you can think of is a cleaner UI, then just fucking rice and get all the pros of not being a product for advertising agencies.

I just stuck Windows 7 onto a different partition of my Win 10 machine and I'm not sure I'm ever going to be booting Win 10 again, other than for a game or two.

>ignore the backdoor and just be a good goy

Windows 10 is a piece of shit

>explain how its inferior without mentioning the primary things that are wrong with it
Top kek

Kiddies are just retarded. The whole botnet meme is laughable. Microsoft is doing the same thing as any internet company has been doing since late 1990s. Google, Yahoo and such get a free pass but as soon as Microsoft does it. It becomes "OMFG! YOU ARE DATA-MINING! TEH BOT-NET!"

Internet and meaningful privacy are mutually exclusive terms.

>All these things either never get in my way
Oh so that means since it doesn't get in YOUR way, then we're all retarded for having opinions

Pooinloos

UI is shit

Cortana is shit

Telemetry is shit

Boot into safe mode is WAY shit, Lets make it complicated as fuck by adding five extra steps, rather then legacy F8

start up options is shit

taskbar is shit

Edge is shit

start menu is shit and lists irrelevant shit rather then streamlined start menu

They aren't.

mixed classic and metro control panel, unresponsive start menu, flat ui meme with non-existent visual dividers and contrast in many places

I would never consider a MS operating system that wasn't at SP1 atleast.

Beta testing is for consumers

YOU CAN TURN THIS OFF BUT WE WILL TURN IT BACK ON

let the W10 kids enjoy their macos lol

actually it works fine for me and I've been on w10 since it was released. What the fuck did you cucks fuck up so badly?

Sup Forums get the fuck out

This

stop samefagging

Wrong. Literally just came into this thread

Forgot pic

This, also greed.

You don't know much about technology if you can't even recognize the Jew's influence in it.

I liked Windows 8 and the start screen.

Nice "Brave New World" and "1984" kiddo.

The genie left the bottle decades ago. The masses are just beginning to wake up to the unintended consequences.

Oh, no. I distinctly remember everyone shilling for 7 since the day it was released. The only thing I head people complain was the new task bar.
XP was a clusterfuck of an OS. People only started to like it because they fixed it by the time SP2 came out; Windows 10, on the other hand, gets worse with every update and they keep adding more useless "features" like paint 3D instead of dealing with the problems it has.

all these people complaining about muh privacy while using chrome with 20 plugins in murica, land of the freeā„¢

No cash out of pocket for Google and the like. If MS wants to go down the same road then OS should be $0.

Which Jew are you referring to?

Fitting digits.

People here actually believe they can get privacy when they use proprietary software.

>Which Jew are you referring to?
does it really matter?

I would actually like 10 better if it didn't have forced updates and spyware.

>arguably bad behavior of Windows Update
>It actually resets your computer for updates, causing loss of data.
Fuck you.

back to pol you ugly racist pieace of shit.

>like the temporary Settings/Control panel split.

The question is, why split them at all?

MS "created" this problem back in Windows 8, and now they're acting like they're fixing this problem by getting rid of Control Panel entirely. It's retarded. They're still focusing on making Windows look like a tablet Fisher Price OS, just like they did with Windows 8. I seriously don't understand all the praise for W10...

kys

>complaining about jew complainers
did you know you can also say NIGGER and FAGGOT

why even address this garbage
why eve talk about it

>W7
Literally just fucking werks, rock solid stability, compatible with pretty much everything, no botnet. What else could you ask for?

>W10
Fishe price UI, crashes all the time, slow, unstable, botnet, forced updates, not as compatible yet.

>Sign up to One Drive today and get free storage
Are you even using your computer? This shit pops up every day.

>control panel
Who even uses this?

Apparently you don't know how to use your computer, because it doesn't. I've never even seen that.

What about having Onedrive in explorer?

Where?

Can be removed. That's one of the earliest tweaks during release day back in 2015 when that one MS engineer posted here shilling LTSB N.

>Dvd drives
I did uninstall it but can't get it out of explorer ;-;

Virtual drives exist for loading .isos

Run tron and let it remove the win-10 garbage.
It should remove that no issue.
reddit.com/r/TronScript/comments/634782/tron_v1003_20170403_debloat_and_definition_updates/

Hahahahh fuck this is gay. I script to remove bloat from win10, named tron, from reddit. Aahahahahahhaha

The driver support on windows 10 for 5+ yo hardware sucks balls.

I just ordered parts for a Ryzen 7 build with a GTX 1070. I'm going to install Windows 7 on it, and also have a 100 GB partition for Linux Mint. Since I can't get fucking Windows Updates apparently I'll only boot into Windows for games

Thanks for blogging. No one cares.

Becuase the nailed it for your use case, but there are other use cases they want to target

>visiting plebbit
>believing in that garbage
You have to go back.

>fuck up
>install win10 on fresh ssd
>run updates, install chipset drivers, gfx card drivers
>reboot
>install a few programs
>oh firefox doesnt exist in microsoft world
>oh, mpc-hc doesnt either

>install classic shell
>it just fucking works.

should i upgrade from 7 to 10? its free but i also like not being killed by retroactive AIs.

No. 10 is crap, even LTSB. Consumer versions of 10 are a total shitshow.

No it doesn't.

-t user with several Core2 machines running Win10.

Telemetry exists on Windows 7...

No reason not to, all of the privacy invading telemetry exists on Win7 anyway - and you'll get better memory management and io perf to boot.

>Telemetry exists on Windows 7...
Only if you install any of these updates:

KB2952664
KB3021917
KB3068708
KB3080149
KB3184143
KB971033

>Explain how rape is bad without mentioning the victim's pain and suffering, the law, or STDs.

>it's all shit
Gee, I wonder why?

thanks.

How the fuck are you supposed to uninstall programs if you don't use it you dumbshit?

No classic UI
le hamburger buttens everywhere

>tfw i got to that age where i dont game anymore and im ready to make the full switch to loonix rather than deal with 10 when 7 dies

>ads, fucking ADS
>OneDrive, OneNote, Edge, Candy Crush whatever the fuck
>bugs
>settings scattered all over the place, TWO control panels
>can't disable DWM
>slightly worse performance

cool strawman

Why would anyone even bother with "security updates"?

you can't get updates for windows 7 if you have a ryzen 7

What was the minimal version of win7 Sup Forums was shilling awhile back? Was it win server 2008?

>tfw installed pirated Win7 in 2015 and disabled updates because pirated
>tfw completely clean version of Win7 with absolutely no bullshit
feels like bliss desu, I don't plan on switching in the next few years. I'd rather have security "risks" than being "attacked every day" by Win10's bullshit.

Is there any way to update Enterprise to Creators' without reinstalling the whole thing?

I tried the assistant route, but it doesn't work for Enterprise.

Is Windows 8.1 any better if one decides to eventually upgrade? How's software compatibility and stability?