/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

btc-e.com/api/3/docs#depth
amazon.com/Bearing-Cooling-NF-P14s-redux-1500-PWM/dp/B00KF7O58G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492120487&sr=8-1&keywords=nf-p14s redux-1500 pwm
amazon.com/Bearing-Cooling-NF-P14r-redux-1500-PWM/dp/B00KF7QO2G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492120515&sr=8-1&keywords=nf-p14r redux-1500 pwm
mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is there a way to download a boot program off my mac to work on my pc? most of them won't open because they're not supported on mac OS, thanks.

Do you guys do quadcopters? I just picked up a Ei-Hi S900R for $20 without controller or charger, and am looking for advice as per using my computer as a remote controller, if that could be done with bluetooth or something.

I've not done stuff with drones before, so don't really know what I'm doing here.

>a boot program
The fuck is a "boot program"
Explain your fuckery

I've just finished copying over a bunch of movies to a backup drive using rsync -a. If I rerun this command it starts all over. If I do rsync -au it works as expected.

What the flying fuck is this shit?

rsync -a seems to work for some other files I copied. Skipping identical files, etc.

Like rufus or something you put on your USB, my pc just gets a black screen

Get HirensCD.
Check bios for bootable priority

will a 4 core amd processor and a 4 core intel processor run things at the same speed if they're at the same frequency?

>HirensCD
It contains, or did before malware. Be careful.

The 15 years ive been using it i have had zero problems with it

>man rsync
-u "skip files that are newer on the receiver"
-a copies all permissions

I got an external samsung dvd/cd reader and writer that keeps opening whenever it's powered up, I've never closed the tray pushing it, I've read it's the cause of similar problems. Is it busted?

What's a good adblocker for firefox that doesn't use up too much ram?

Are aptoide and fdroid safe
Which is better

I did also used about 5 years, maybe mine was infected. Quick google search results nothing. I guess this is an example of Hitchens's razor.

When I enable secure boot control I get this message "secure boot violation invalid signature detected" yet when I disable it and launch I just get a black screen, (something to note I transferred my windows 7 from one hard drive to another). Anyone know what to do from here?

ublock origin
fdroid is an old fork of aptoid.

fdroid for free apps, aptoid for gratis and pirate apps

Both are safe as long as you don't add any other repos in those apps.

install gentoo

where should I get them from?

No.

I've not seen many quadcopters in Sup Forums, I'd check and chink threads.

aptoide.com
f-droid.org

>I'd check and chink threads.
was planning, just figured since I want to connect to computer, might start here

What's that another OS?

This explains inconsistency how? -a is supposed to do what -u does already.

Do you mean you get past the bios splash screen asking to press DEL or something to get to BIOS and then end up with a blinking _ on a black screen?
If so your bootloader is fucked, get it fixed.

Perfection.

Does a pirated W7 get updates like the normal one?
Can I use Ryzen well enough with it?
Thanks lad

Recommend me a good router that wont cost me an arm and a leg

btc-e.com/api/3/docs#depth
How do I get more than 2000 results. Can someone give me the URL for, lets say, btc_usd?

It gets through to the BIOS, just when I save and continue there's a black screen, the blinking _ only happened when I tried to launch from USB, but it had no program to boot it.

guessing this is just some funneh meme then.

>Does a pirated W7 get updates like the normal one?
If you are using DAZ, yes.

When playing games or browsing Sup Forums the page being displayed sticks in the corner. so when scrolling there is a box in the corner stuck from the previous displayed page.

what could be the cause of this?

Read your post, repost your question more clearly, a serie numer or something would help.

My problem is that I can't define the problem except it opening up on power up?

Define the situation more clearly, more details; external, usb connected, laptop drive, what?

>I probably can't help you, but it may help people who can.

Any1 got a good USB hub they can recommend? 3.0 obviously, but it'd be nice if were type C input + a few/1 type C outputs (as type C is the future, etc.)

>it opening up on power up?
Yes, as soon as I plug the AC adapter to the power-in socket, the tray opens on its own, I tried closing it pressing the button but it just opens again right after. It doesn't load anything, the led doesn't even light up before opening again whether I put a disc in the tray or not.
It's a normal USB external DVD/CD drive, the device has USB2 Type-B port and proprietary AC port, it's Samsung SE-S224.

>gentoo
>meme
You need to learn how to into computers somehow

and yes I'm on desktop pc by the way.

go to newegg or amazon or google and type in literally what you just typed and find one

Is there an extension that's similar to Ghostery, minus the reasons why it's bad? I just want to see a neat list of IP trackers and whoever's collecting my info to be honest.

>recommend
>google it faggot
T-t-thanks user for the recommendation.

Yeah, I'm aware I wouldn't be asking around how to fix my computer if I new how to into computers.

just pick one bro
none of them are actually good
there's adequate and chinkshit, so pick one

Ask in chink thread.

Come back with brand types and model numbers and links and ask again.
Do your fucking homework first

so install gentoo and self teach

You may try posting some pics.

Gimme some cool apps for android
skynet.5 not welcome yet

Do you know if it has the latest firmware? Is this recently of has it always been this way? I saw this drive is pushing 10 years old, so it might just be time to let it go...

They tested Ryzen using Windows 7 initially, so yes.
Pirated W7 can easily get updates, but you still have to deal with the clusterfuck of downloading a new version of the updater since the old one was purposely broken by Microsoft, search for this issue and you'll see a ton of results. I turned off updates on mine after installing so this isn't a problem.

How do I fix my bootloader?

yeah I got it in 2010 iirc, I tried updating the driver but windows say it's up to date, it started doing so half a year ago, in the beginning it was random but now it's permanent so i haven't used it in a while, today I needed to use a dvd but the internal drive is too slow so I wanted to give this another try but I guess it's really dead this time.

pls help

The easy no brainer way is to reinstall your OS. A simpler way is sticking the Install CD/USB in and repairing using startup repair option in recovery. The harder way which involves rubbing two brain cells together is using command prompt.

Hey faggot how about you fucking post a screencap of the problem for all anyone knows it's gentoo secretly installing itself

you waited 20 minutes
Fuck Off.

Well the two brain cell option is a no go, and I don't have the OS disk anymore, so how would I do the 2nd one? I have a spare USB but I don't see a repair option in the BIOS. I really suck at this so I appreciate your help thank you :)

OP why did you not use this image

it's better

I need a case fan so I went with a Noctua NF-P14s (square model). Ordered it on Amazon. Recieved the wrong fan model, the NF-P14r (round model). I told Amazon and they resent the "correct" fan but it was again the wrong fan, the -r version.

Now that I can't trust Amazon to do anything right, what case fan should I get? I really liked the NF-P14s so maybe something like that?

Around $20 & 80 CFM, 120mm.

NF-P14s - amazon.com/Bearing-Cooling-NF-P14s-redux-1500-PWM/dp/B00KF7O58G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492120487&sr=8-1&keywords=nf-p14s redux-1500 pwm

NF-P14r - amazon.com/Bearing-Cooling-NF-P14r-redux-1500-PWM/dp/B00KF7QO2G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492120515&sr=8-1&keywords=nf-p14r redux-1500 pwm

Stop being a whiny bitch and use the free fans you have now.Amazon will give them to you free and reverse your charge
Stop being a lil bitch basically

I'd love to if they fit. Use ya brian ya dingus

ur a mean one mr grinch

It's not in the BIOS, you make an install USB of Windows 7 or burn Windows 7 to disk and then choose to boot from it from the BIOS boot options to access repair/recovery.

What's stopping me from just taking the hard drive of my current laptop and putting it in the next one I get to avoid having to install W7 and transfer everything over?

He can't, he's permanently being fucked on.

driver related BSODs and you clearly aren't smart enough to ensure all drivers are generic for a painless swap the first time

I see, I don't have the disk though, if I download one off le internet while I already have a legit one I bought 3-4 years ago on my PC will it interfere with anythign?

Nothing, but you'll most likely get a blue screen (BSoD) due to the driver incompatibility, still, it's not like you cannot fix it if you try. I had to deal with it once, check this guide.

It won't, it's merely an install disk. Download the correct version that matches your windows from here and burn to disk.
mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/

Agreed

But its not better

Thanks! one last thing I only have a mac for a spare computer, will it be a problem downloading it and putting it on a USB?

best way to install a fresh copy of windows 7 with only a usb?

Boot pc from usb
Install 7
???
Profit!

Not him but that mobo trick doesn't work if the
W7 key is OEM/license right?

This is driving me insane.
Since the creator update I have been getting this error constantly and I don't know how to get rid of it, already googled different fixes but none work.

It mostly happens when reviewing security or details tab on any file, foobar and other programs won't open anymore, and I can't change the DEP configuration.

I did a fresh install with creator update, any idea what could be the issue?

Then you just activate with Daz Loader / Microsoft Toolkit
>I did a fresh install with creator update
How can you be having the issue with a fresh install?
Redownload the iso, install clean again.

is ryzen 5 a gayman cpu or is i5 still the way to go for budget

please to tell why?

>How can you be having the issue with a fresh install?
This is what is getting to me, I have no idea.
>Redownload the iso, install clean again.
Already did, this is the third time, tried different isos too, install windows> drivers > basic programs> shit appears after an hour.

It must be something that I installed, but god knows what, the problem persists after uninstalling everything or rolling back to a restore point.

Format USB as Fat32 before making it an install USB and you'll be fine.

>drivers
Don't install drivers, let windows download them trought windows update
>basic programs
Most probably one of these is the culprit, wich ones? Are they up to day?

Because they're two different companies using two different CPU architecture. An overclocked old AMD CPU to 5GHz is different from an Intel of the same generation clocked to 5GHz.

My audio just doesn't work. How do I know if this is a motherboard issue or a driver issue?

>that artist
One of the rarer artist visits to Sup Forums.
Go to computer management, navigate to pic related, right click whichever you're using and see properties.

>Don't install drivers, let windows download them trought windows update
Videocard drivers are the only one that I install manually, I guess I can wipe them and try again.

>Most probably one of these is the culprit, wich ones? Are they up to day?
This is pretty much what I have installed:
Firefox, Discord, Icaros, Irfanview, foobar, launchy, SumatraPDF,7zip.

Yes, everything is up to date.

>Launchy
>Last Update: 2014-05-22
Why are you using such shit software?
I bet its probably this one

Go back to previous version. This version of windows isn't for you.

when live booting, is the uefi [drive] a working option, or should you just select the other [drive] option?

uefi is standard now thanks to M$ so go with that

UEFI allow you to install windows on a GPT formated drive, wich is prefered, also it allows you to boot using the FastBoot option from your bios.
Otherwise it will boot on legacy method on a MBR disk.

is there a 'correct' way to create a live disk? it's fedora 25 btw and I used rufus to do it.

>torrented over campus's wifi
>after a while they blacklisted device
>reinstalled linux distro
>device got re-blacklisted
>my windows partition works fine
>tried mac address spoofing but nada
>It was connected b/c I could ping google's dns server.
>device works fine over different wifi connections

I am totally at a loss for what they are tracking it with.

wireshark

They have an automated script that blacklist devices who start using torrents, easy to spot, network usage and protocols used.
Use a vpn to avoid this.

Tried running fedora 25 live, installed using rufus and then etcher.io. trying to boot via uefi mode, I get a blank screen; other boot option gives me pic related. what am I doing wrong? anyone have a sure fire guide to live boot fedora?

sup, Sup Forums here
i need to buy something i can plug a 1/4 in jack into my computer's usb port
how would you call such a thing?
googling for things like "1/4 in jack to usb" and similar obvious queries didn't quite seem to find what i was looking for

so I fucked up a flash drive of mine and made it RAW. is EaseUS Data Recovery the best thing out there to save my files? To pass the 500MB limit, it costs $70 for the pro upgrade. Will it truly save every file?

USB audio interface
Look for one with a 1/4" jack or use a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter

Because they are built differently so even though the result is the same from both, they get there differently.

The 1/4" jack is analog; the signals it carries are based on the properties of the electricity running through it. USB is digital; the signals it carries are strictly based on patters of on/off (1 and 0).

You can't just have a simple set of plugs between them. You need to consider what you want to do and buy a device which does that thing. For example, try something called a DAC (digital-analog converter) with a 1/4" jack.