Owned retards

>(((off)))

>Implying that they actually do anything

>there is no option for disabled telemetry
>basic is the only thing that you can minimize telemetry

Please don't be anti-Semitic, thanks!

>can only choose between "full" and "basic", no off

rabbi detected

>The number of ads you see won't change, but they may be less relevant to you.

O I am laffin.

At least it isn't sold to Amazon.

clean your monitor

>At the basic level, you'll be sending Microsoft less data
>At the basic level, you'll be fisted with just one hand

Winfags are clinically retarded

O you are retarded.

Proof?

And who guarantees that? Also why just amazon?

>allowing ads in your OS
>ads in OS
>ever

I'm not the one using Adblows 10, fampai

>((((((((((((((((((((((((((((less)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

> not having your gayming offline machine

basic sends 90% of info full sends

>No "Don't send anything, at all" option
Even in Enterprise and Server, you must send something. "Something" is being sent, even when telemetry is at level 0 -- or security.

There is no option to give Microsoft nothing, which is ridiculous. Thank goodness RHEL exists.

None of these setting say that the telemetry is turned off. It is off only partially or youre not getting the benefits but they are still on, retard.

Is there an Ancile for Win10?

Even if it has no telemetry and other spy/bloatware it still has this shitty material design for autistic kids

Oy vey, the goyem know.

No it doesn't. Educate yourself.

Material design isn't flat like winshit10

>Material design isn't flat
cake

that's like trusting a jew when he says he won't scam you

do you really believe m$ is going to respect your privacy? pluh-se. get a 3rd party firewall and check yourself

Yes, it does
look at this duude

So OP, how do you verify that the off switch is actually turning these features off? You wouldn't happen to have access to the source code, would you? I didn't think so.

Wintards owned.

Assuming this is a stab at Ubuntu, no one uses Unity anymore. Most of us have switched to Debian or other distros. Also, yes, the data is sold to Amazon. They are one of many companies working with MS.

Implying you have privacy if you're on internet.

>t. doesn't understand how the internet works at all

So, can you actually can point me to every corner in Linux source from which you verified there was nothing suspicious? I guess you had a lot of time to read 15 million lines of code.

>t. doesn't understand how ISPs work

Hey Mr. Rabbi, whatcha doin?

I don't have to. There are thousands of people reviewing the code and it's not owned by a singe company. The people reviewing it have a huge financial incentive. They include Google who puts Linux into Android, and REHL who has contracts with governments to create hardened GNU/Linux systems for them. There's a reason why the NSA and CIA use REHL, not Winshit 10.

>living in cuckland

> diagnostics
> basic

IF IT'S NOT OFF IT'S A BOTNET MICROKEK SHILL

> the number of adds you see won't change
> having ads in your OS

See >still doesn't understand that your OS and internet connection are two different things

>basic

so the shills have changed from
>it has privacy settings you can change!
to
>so the privacy settings dont actually do anything lmao who cares its 2017 u cant get privacy anyways!

>the number of ads you see wont change
is this what w10 cucks are defending? ads in their computer?

Windows has had telemetry for a long time. Most of what they collected was just hardware and system state for troubleshooting. It wasn't until they started raking personal data like Google or FB that it became an issue. It is even worse since they are doing it at the OS level and make it next to impossible to truly mitigate without running a packet sniffer on your network.

welp, you convinced me. Microsoft Windows 10 is the way to go. GNU/cucks BTFO famalam. They may have free as in beer, but this is free as in freedom.

That doesn't mitigate anything. That's like filming a bunch of arabs beating the shit out of you.
You only document what happened to you.

>The people reviewing it have a huge financial incentive.
Windows has a huge financial incentive not to lie about what they are doing.
Large companies pay very big license fees to use Windows.

>ads
pic related
It's grayed out because I have it handled in group policy but the point is that anyone can disable ads.

P L A C E B O

>dont worry guys someone took a shit on my face but look see i cleaned it off!

>ads
What did they meant by this

>someone offered to take a shit on my face and I said no so they didn't do it

cute

Here's a suggestion — Do a fresh install of Windows 10 LTSB. Let LTSB do an update. Configure Windows such that you turn off (or turn down) all the telemetry that Windows allows you to turn off. Install OOShutUp and SpytbotAntiBeacon. Configure them such that they turn off all the telemetry that they can. You should, theoretically at this point, have a silent pc. You should have nothing installed but Windows 10 LTSB, OOShutUp and SpybotAntiBeacon. Now install Wireshark and Npcap. Disable all wireless components. Power off. Remove all ethernet cables from the pc. The pc should now be completely unable to connect to the internet in any way. Turn on the pc. Run Wireshark. Do not touch the computer for 24 hours. Let Wireshark log all incoming and outgoing transmission attempts.

24 hours later, check the log. Has there been any attempts by Windows to make an outgoing transmission? If so, what is the nature of the transmission? Now you are an informed Windows 10 user and no longer living in FUD.

>my friend leaned over and tried to shit on me but i said no
>we're still best friends tho lol

>Linux? heh, I don't have time to install something and then configure it

>Here, just install win10
>Oh, and don't forget to go through all these settings to uncheck
>And these ones
>These ones here are to keep windows from sending more of your data
>Just uninstall some of this bloat that comes stock
>Hah, just good ol' Microsoft keeping us on our toes
>Here's a checklist of everything you need to undo whenever you update your system
>Just download an installer from a site to install something, so simple
>Make sure you install CCleaner and malwarebytes too
>You may have to reinstall occasionally, viruses happen, no avoiding it
You win.

>more effort involved than simply installing windows 7
for what purpose? 10 has 0 redeeming qualities over 7, absolutely 0
it's pretty much confirmed that whenever someone posts a speccy pic with win 10 as the os its some microsoft shill

>install linux
>spend time configuring it
>can't run half the shit I need to do work

>install windows 10
>spend time configuring it
>can run every windows application
>can also natively run almost every console linux application without issues

>10 has 0 redeeming qualities over 7, absolutely 0
See above.

Yeah, they basically want to create a monopoly on data collection to sell to the highest bidder by putting it on the OS level. Google and Facebook can't compete with that.

>windows 10 can run windows programs
well excellent that sure is a good excuse to upgrade!

>selling data
Microsoft isn't retarded. They want to sell ads just like Google is doing with Android.

Did you read the line below the line you quoted?

>someone offered to take a shit on my face and I said no so they didn't do it
>now they sneak it in through the backdoor

If you can't live without GTA or figure out LibreOffice, you deserve to stay on windows.

I'm still amazed, do people actually think clicking "No" or "Off" fucking does anything?

>LibreOffice
>comparable to Microsoft Office
Anyone who says that has either never used both or only ever used it to create powerpoint presentations in high school.

any pre 2013 office pack runs perfectly fine in wíne
alternatively set up a VM with QEMU/KVM

any advertising in the OS is fucking obnoxious and whoever decided to implement it should headbutt a fucking spike

7 can run linux programs too so whats your point

I paid exactly $0 for this upgrade I do not care if they anonymize some of my data and use it to advertise their shitty "apps"

I don't think going through the trouble of using Linux will prevent your ISP and VPN from selling your data.

Guess if you want an impractical OS for some placebo effect, it's your problem.

Enjoy the future

If you compile them using cygwin or whatever other abomination there is.
Windows 10 runs linux programs natively.

>not using multiple VPNs while hacking your neighbor's wifi

god help me i gotta install one program to run a whole different os worth of programs
as opposed to 10 where you gotta install 20 things for a usable os

>i never tried installing windows 10 and i believe everything Sup Forums tells me

>he upgraded to 1703

For what its worth Ive been using windows 10 for like 6 months now and I've had no issues so far. I turned all the telemetry/"phone home"/botnet bullshit, and am able to verify that by monitoring my network usage.

Although if it weren't for vidya, or I could run the games I want to on linux, I'd be running the newest version of fedora for sure. I honestly like linux a lot more, but I guess Im still manchild or whatever. If its any consolation I work out of town a lot and the options are either, watch sports (which I do but there arent always games on), play cards (which I do but can get expensive if you're unlucky, because the guys I work with never play unless money is on the line), become an alcoholic and drink in bars all night, or play vidya

who are u quoting?

The post numbered "59880603"
If you look closely you'll notice that some posts contain ">>" followed by a number.
That number is the number of the quoted post.

If you have any other questions please ask away, I'm happy to help you get used to the anonymous imageboard culture ^^

Objectively better than paying $160 for Windows like the old days

is this real?

Now install google Chrome, lil' sheep

this

Implying it doesn't send data to microsoft every time it blue screens (which is frequently compared to XP or 7)

>((((((((((""""""""""off""""""""""))))))))))

How dumb would you have to be to actually think """""disabling""""" any of this shit stops microsoft from selling your data to advertisers? Be less credulous.

WINFAGS
ALWAYS
KUKKED

>""""""""""""""""""""""""""off""""""""""""""""""""""""""

You're going to wish you paid. They're going to find ways to make back more than what the OS would have cost. Hehehe, good goy.

Oh look another Microsoft shill thread

>The number of ads you see won't change, but they maybe less relevant to you

the point -----------------> .

(You)

>marketoonist
so the retard watched Minority Report.

yeah, new list of hosts updated on the windows machine and just in case in a pihole.
Other than that, update went smoothly and right now I'm running Win10 with Arc no problems.
It's true it's snappier. Boot to desktop in 8 seconds. Before it was 20 on a clean install.

Actually he's right. If you're using the internet chances are extremely high you have zero privacy whatsoever unless you're actually thoroughly invested into keeping yourself anonymous and private (ie using a tor browser). Seeing as you're shitposting here, I can generally assume you're using some normie OS (Ubuntu, macOS, Windows), and some normie browser with some normie addons/plugins/extensions. You have zero privacy.

Enjoy. :)

Can you turn everything off as in 8.1 and don't have forced updates anymore? This was the primary reason why I don't want this OS, not only the telemetry, it will "update" and block your 2 MBit internet every time you want to start a game.

Guys I'm sorry. I started the spread as a joke. I didn't mean for you all to actually argue about Windows 10. I know it's currently the best operating system on the market, but you don't need to be so negative in the comments. Thank you for watching my video thread. I'm your you new YouTube Star.

Hi newfriend