>AV1

nice meme

25 to 60% more efficient than HEVC
Not encumbered by patents
Bitstream freeze by the end of the year for real this time

AV1 will be GOAT fo the next 10 years.

>for real this time

>redpill
You know that word comes from reddit, right? As in r/redpill and other PUA subreddits.

kys faggot

t-they promised
Also delaying it to improve the overall efficiency of the codec is actually a good thing. Instead of simply being a bit better than HEVC it will wipe the floor with it and stay a standard for even longer.

Honestly, I actually hope it happens, eventually. And I won't have a problem switching to it when/if it does.
But right now I have a collection of more than 2TB worth of HEVC encodes, and they look perfect and have an amazing size compared to AVC which also actually exists today and not someday in the future maybe.

>You know that word comes from reddit, right?
No, because i don't visit reddit, you filthy redditor

Maybe I put my question here. Are there any plugins for kdenlive to really improve a video?

I digitalized a vhs and what I need would maybe something like delayed motion.

There are a lot of frames in wrong color or it looks like the tape jumped.
I need to decrease the epilepsy-like fast movements and cuts. Any help appreciated.

this is an example of what I want to get rid off

re-cap it without fucking it up.

vp8>h264
vp9>h265

how?
it always looks like this. But newer recordings on the same tape look better.

Other tapes look better as well.

Does the tape look like that? If not, your recording setup is fucking it up. Fix it.

Whatever happened to Daala?

I just start the vhs recorder and play the tape. I have a cheap video grabber hardware but that should not be the problem right? I record it with vlc player direct show.

So, is the tape done for? gf thinks it looks better when I just connect the player to the tv screen but I don't the think the video grabber hardware is the problem

I'm not sure what ways are there to fix the recording setup, I think the video grabber just takes the signal it gets from the vhs. I put it to PAL B which was the vhs/tv standard in Germany.

Only third of the frames look like this, but it makes it almost unwatchable. Sound is ok.

>Only third of the frames look like this, but it makes it almost unwatchable
And you can't tell if the tape looks like this?

If you have no eye for what's right in front of you, you should probably just give up now.

you're not helping

I guess the tape looks like this, but I dont have a tv here to test it now if the problem is with the pc or with the tape

It's been swallowed by AV1 among other futuristic codecs. Some of its ideas have been implemented into AV1